ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-12, 01:12 PM

Rolf13 is on a distinguished road
I think my dog may have ADHD

I think I have been on here for too long. I took my dog for a walk yesterday and now I think he is ADHD (not diagnosed)

Let me tell you his symptoms:
He runs instead of walking on our walks
Climbs everything from chairs to small bushes
Restless sleep at night
Easily distracted, struggles to fetch a ball without running off to smell a tree
Does not listen when spoken to directly when I try to teach him a new trick or show him where not to dig
Forgets the trick he learnt the next day
Cannot sit still
Barks (talks) excessively
Difficulty waiting turns to at suppertime

I hope I do not offend anyone, I just though it is a humorous way to look at our pets and worth mentioning. Please don't send me hate mail.

Do you think he is ADHD?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rolf13 For This Useful Post:
Impetus (01-06-12), Luvmybully (01-06-12), Saboit (01-06-12), Shockwaeve (01-08-12)
Old 01-06-12, 01:18 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Saboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to all
Re: I think my dog may have ADHD

Like that nice one , thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Saboit For This Useful Post:
Justin Kay (01-07-12)
Old 01-06-12, 01:32 PM

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,059 Posts
Luvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond repute

HAHAHA! Yep, it sure does sound like it!

Thanks for the smile-I needed it just now.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-12, 01:34 PM

Add-ed@30 will become famous soon enough

Ha! Funny you mentioned it, I was out with my dog the other day at the dog park and threw a ball for him, he went barrelling after it, 1/2 the way there, he slowed to a trot, 3/4 of the way, he was meandering in the other direction to check out something, had NO recollection of having been after a ball just moments ago... and I thought to my self, and actually sent a text to my husband that "Henry has ADD".

It amused me, and I'm certainly not offended by it. I knew there was a reason i really connected with my dog!
Old 01-06-12, 01:36 PM
Contributor

ChicharitoFan14 is on a distinguished road

I've always wondered if dog can have ADHD
I asked my dad a couple of dads go haha
And he said I don't know

Would be interesting if a animal would have it
Old 01-06-12, 01:40 PM

Thanked 16,261 Times in 7,339 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Does he pee on the carpet? All people and dogs with adhd pee on the carpet. We also sniff each others butts.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 01-06-12, 01:43 PM

Saboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to all

Do you think dogs can hyper focus? lol
Old 01-06-12, 04:49 PM

Thanked 8,282 Times in 2,786 Posts
RedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond repute

Dogs have ADHD, cats have AS or possibly NPD
The absurdity of working so hard to continue doing something you don't like can be overwhelming. And the longer it takes to feel different, the more it starts to seem like everything might actually be hopeless bull. ~ Hyperbole and a Half
Old 01-06-12, 06:03 PM

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,059 Posts
Luvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saboit View Post
Absolutely! My dog plays with her ball ALL DAY LONG then brings it to bed with her. We use the ball as a training motivator instead of food-she is obsessed with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luvmybully For This Useful Post:
Saboit (01-07-12)
Old 01-06-12, 06:13 PM

Thanked 7,468 Times in 3,858 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute

He doesn't happen to also be a Jack Russell terrier by any chance?

My little jack was extremely hyperactive. She went for 5 minute runs in and out of the house and circled the yard. When she finally calmed down and slept we got so worried she was sick because she just never seemed to calm down. She could flip over fences and take us on an hour chase throughout the neighbourhood. She was incredible impossible to teach. She knew sit meant and when she was in trouble. We had to feed her outside because she'd steal the cats food. She would always chase the cats. She could hardly look at you more than a few seconds too.

God I miss that dog. We used to wrestle and rough house and I'd chase her and she'd chase me. She was me in canine form and my mum took her to the pound and that just makes me think of people that get frustrated with people with ADHD. They can't take us to the pound or dump that but sometimes I think the only reason is because we're human.

She actually hit that dog pretty badly and it was my call to take her to the pound, to save her.

Miss you Mag Bags:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fracturedstory For This Useful Post:
BR549 (01-06-12), Luvmybully (01-06-12), LynneC (01-06-12), Saboit (01-07-12)
Old 01-06-12, 06:13 PM

addsherpa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Absolutely. Augie can sit under a tree all day looking for the squirrel that jumped out 8 hours ago.

Here is a video of the definitive book on the subject: http://youtu.be/5HvHVyrnqbA

Here are funny pics of my ADD dog friends: http://addsherpa.com/friends/

Have a happy day
Thomas Sowell
The Following User Says Thank You to addsherpa For This Useful Post:
Saboit (01-07-12)
Old 01-06-12, 06:18 PM

Thanked 7,468 Times in 3,858 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHairedWitch View Post
Dogs have ADHD, cats have AS or possibly NPD
My cat has ADHD.

She wakes me up every morning at 6am, knocks things over and plays with anything on the ground. She has an over eating eating compulsion. Even when she sits on me she doesn't stay for long.

Hmm, I'm starting to think my pets all start acting like me.

But this cat is so hyper and impulsive. We dub her 'dogcat.'
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fracturedstory For This Useful Post:
LynneC (01-06-12), RedHairedWitch (01-06-12)
Old 01-06-12, 09:29 PM

Thanked 3,639 Times in 1,738 Posts
Impetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
absolutely! have you ever heard how they go on about licking their crotches?! and the snurfling, it just never stops....

there is actually a set books called All Dogs Have ADHD and All Cats Have Aspergers.
I often warn people: "Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity.
-George Carlin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Impetus For This Useful Post:
RedHairedWitch (01-06-12), Saboit (01-07-12)
Old 01-06-12, 09:47 PM

Thanked 9,629 Times in 5,260 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

My dad use to say at the diiner table my dog biscuit was just like me.I was like how was that so?He was like I I love how you 2 Listen so well for that matter,he was being sarcastic meaning me or the dog didnt listen very well.I was like did you hear that girl,she started barking and I was like yeah you tell him.My mom started cracking up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
LynneC (01-06-12)
Old 01-06-12, 09:58 PM

Thanked 4,199 Times in 1,970 Posts
LynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedstory View Post
He doesn't happen to also be a Jack Russell terrier by any chance?

My little jack was extremely hyperactive. She went for 5 minute runs in and out of the house and circled the yard. When she finally calmed down and slept we got so worried she was sick because she just never seemed to calm down. She could flip over fences and take us on an hour chase throughout the neighbourhood. She was incredible impossible to teach. She knew sit meant and when she was in trouble. We had to feed her outside because she'd steal the cats food. She would always chase the cats. She could hardly look at you more than a few seconds too.

God I miss that dog. We used to wrestle and rough house and I'd chase her and she'd chase me. She was me in canine form and my mum took her to the pound and that just makes me think of people that get frustrated with people with ADHD. They can't take us to the pound or dump that but sometimes I think the only reason is because we're human.

She actually hit that dog pretty badly and it was my call to take her to the pound, to save her.

Miss you Mag Bags:

Just wanted to say (again), your images rock...