ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 01-17-12, 08:05 PM
Jr Member

thomasfx10 is on a distinguished road
How to Get A Good Night Sleep on Adderall - Naturally

Post here on how you "Naturally" bring your Adderall kick down before bedtime. I say "Naturally" because I know people that take Benadryl or other more potent sleep aids. I am looking for a more natural approach.

I am on 5-10mg of Adderall IR (6 Days a week). I take mine in the morning about 9 am and I feel the effects almost all day.

For me, I take 500 mg of Vitamin C and then another 500 mg of Mag. ... I then take about 3 mg of Melatonin. It seems to work but sometimes I am still staring at the back of my eyeballs.

Any other suggestions that are working for you?

Thanks!
Old 01-17-12, 09:30 PM
ADDvanced Member

abk1337 will become famous soon enough
Re: How to Get A Good Night Sleep on Adderall - Naturally

Cool thing about me whenever I take Adderall I can still sleep whenever I want. Unless I take twice my dosage

few things

Drink lots of things with Vitamin C because it helps null the adderall

Take Melatonin (5MG) if you will have atleast 6 hours of sleep

That or just lay down in your bed and what I find that helps me is to not move, and to close your eyes in the dark and focus on the internal visions of the stuff you see when you close your eyes. (little cloud designs etc) -- if you stay still long enogh and try not to move your eyes, focus on your breathing, see the visual stuff, eventually you'll settle down

Even if it takes an hour, that bit of rest is better than "WELL I CANT SLEEP SO LET ME DO X"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abk1337 For This Useful Post:
NotaMidget (01-19-12), OneRubySlipper (01-17-12), thomasfx10 (01-17-12)
Old 01-17-12, 09:36 PM

OneRubySlipper will become famous soon enough

I have been back on meds for a few months now and I find drinking a large glass of oj in the evening followed an hour or so later by some warm food and 6mg of melatonin gets me to sleep.

Taking a warm shower after the oj puts me in an even more relaxed state.

I also take mag, multivitamin and fish oil w/my melatonin.

Rx= 3x10mg dex er w/ 10mg adderall ir booster
The Following User Says Thank You to OneRubySlipper For This Useful Post:
thomasfx10 (01-17-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-12, 09:19 AM
Jr Member

thomasfx10 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your replies. I wonder if drinking OJ is better than taking a Vitamin C tablet. I will have to try it. Anyone else?
Old 01-18-12, 09:07 PM
Jr Member

chopsui is on a distinguished road

For me, adderall calms my mind down and relaxes me I don't get why some people feel too stimulated, maybe try dexedrine? If I want to sleep I just read a book and eat some carbs and im gone.
Old 01-20-12, 04:52 PM
Jr Member

Kyle.lgk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfx10 View Post
Post here on how you "Naturally" bring your Adderall kick down before bedtime. I say "Naturally" because I know people that take Benadryl or other more potent sleep aids. I am looking for a more natural approach.

I am on 5-10mg of Adderall IR (6 Days a week). I take mine in the morning about 9 am and I feel the effects almost all day.

For me, I take 500 mg of Vitamin C and then another 500 mg of Mag. ... I then take about 3 mg of Melatonin. It seems to work but sometimes I am still staring at the back of my eyeballs.

Any other suggestions that are working for you?

Thanks!
I'd drop the Vitamin C in the PM. It mimics insulin and may keep you up.
Old 06-30-14, 09:11 PM

Travis127 is on a distinguished road

I am prescribed 10mg Adderall IR (60 pills per refill). I am to take one first thing in the morning and one around noonish. The second one I take will either make or break my slumber. I'd like to back up a bit to also say that I have struggled and abused the medication; doubling my dosage until I run out halfway through its prescribed month. It led me to many sleepless nights that turn into weeks. I stopped taking it for about a month to get myself straight. Taking Adderall the following day after a sleepless night due to the previous days dosage will lead to some pretty brutal mental/physical issues. But before I go any further into that matter, here are some of my suggestions:

1. As I stated above, try not to take it if you have become lethargic or fatigued due to lack of sleep. This is obviously because the Adderall did not wear off before bed. Taking it the following morning or later in the day (depending on your mg/daily dosage) will only make for another sleepless night. You might consider lowering your dosage and if you are like I was, not abusing them if that's the case.

2. Exercise. Any physical activity throughout the day will help burn what's left in your system. I work a very fast paced and physically demanding job that requires me to be on my feet all day. I found that if I'm taking what's prescribed and staying active then I'll go home tired and fall right to sleep. But, not everyones jobs are the same. If you dont move around much at work then try going to the gym or jogging afterwards. Exercise will still benefit you either way.

3. Melatonin is okay I guess. I take 10mg before bed on nights where I think I need it. I'm not really sure if it works for me though. It gives me very in depth dreams.

4. Get comfortable and keep the room dark. Lights bother me A LOT. Even a light shining under my door will keep me awake.

5. Keep all gadgets and cellular devices out of your reach. Once you pick them up you wont put them back down.

Hope this helps

Travis
Old 07-01-14, 04:35 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 16,820 Times in 7,602 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

the biggest thing that worked for me, aside from exactly what you take, has been training myself to have good sleep hygiene. I wont bore you with the details unless you want me too, but its been a lifesaver. Also kava tea has helped.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 07-05-14, 01:44 AM
Jr Member

chipmunk is on a distinguished road

Isn't kava kava an opiate?
Old 07-05-14, 06:34 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 16,820 Times in 7,602 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmunk View Post
Isn't kava kava an opiate?
I hope not! My understanding is that 'kava kava" when used as a medicinal supplement or pill or whatever requires someone to obtain the plant or plant based vitamin and make your own concoction for intoxication usually illegally or from some sketchy internet site.. I buy Kava stress relief tea by yogi teas from my local grocery store. I believe it has opiate like qualities when used as a raw plant and purposefully made to get high or have a tribal religious ceremonies.
I dont think Shop Rite is in the business of importing illegal opiate like plants or vitamins for intoxication.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?