ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-12, 04:03 AM
Jr Member

Divided_Eye is on a distinguished road
Error after login -- can't access anything

I've been getting this weird error message lately after I log in to my account:

Divided_Eye, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Once I get that message, any link I click on on this page sends me to an error page, and I'm pretty much stuck not being able to view the forum. As soon as I log out, I can browse again. I'm not sure what other info it would be useful for me to post, so just let me know and I'll get back at you! I just want this to go away :/
Old 01-19-12, 04:09 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,612 Times in 790 Posts
Nifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud of
Re: Error after login -- can't access anything

I tend to have a sketchy connection, so when I log in I click on the "remember me" box.

I also log in on this page: http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php and haven't had any of the problems others had when the front page kept crashing a few months ago.

Hope that helps!

After nearly 10 years in the former USSR, the UK seems like a foreign country. I don't know who I'm meant to be or what I'm meant to do. So, at least some things haven't changed...
Ninja posts!
The Following User Says Thank You to Nifferka For This Useful Post:
Divided_Eye (01-19-12)
Old 01-19-12, 04:17 AM
Jr Member

Divided_Eye is on a distinguished road

Alright, I'll give that a try in just a minute here. Thanks! Just wanted to add a little more info really quick...

I have this forum as a bookmark tab; when I log in through the root page www.addforums.com, it pops up the message I posted above.... and then no matter what I click on--including "Log Out," I'm sent here: http://www.addforums.com/usercp.php

***Update: I've tried changing my bookmark to the forums index page as you recommended, and so far I haven't had any issues. I will post in this thread again if I run into the same problem, but for now it seems like my issue is gone! Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Divided_Eye For This Useful Post:
Nifferka (01-19-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-12, 10:45 PM
Forum Guru

blueroo has a brilliant futureblueroo has a brilliant futureblueroo has a brilliant futureblueroo has a brilliant futureblueroo has a brilliant futureblueroo has a brilliant futureblueroo has a brilliant futureblueroo has a brilliant futureblueroo has a brilliant futureblueroo has a brilliant futureblueroo has a brilliant future

This has been broken for years.
Old 01-20-12, 06:24 PM

rioch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueroo View Post
This has been broken for years.
That's not really a surprise given the topic of the forum Who's job is it to fix anyway?