ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Wellbutrin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Wellbutrin (bupropion hcl)

Old 01-19-12, 09:08 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

cameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of light
Is Wellbutrin for me???

I've noticed a lot of ADHDers are quite satisfied with Wellbutrin and I'm wondering if I should ask my psychiatrist to give it a go. Until recently, I have only been treated for MMD, TR and GAD. Dextroamphetamine was prescribed to treat my depression, and was one of the most consistant and effective med I tried. It was removed from my regimen after about 4 years due to tolerance and abuse (I was young and stupid).

I was relatively stable on:

20mg fluoxetine (Prozac)
0.5mg QID clonazepam (Klonopin)
2.5mg olanzapine (Zyprexa)

My new psychiatrist, specialization in ADHD, was very confident in suggesting that my GAD and MMD are co-morbid conditions to ADHD. He has changed my Rx to this:

60mg mirtazepine (Remeron)
0.5mg clonazepam (Klonopin)
10mg TID dextroamphetamine

I'm feeling ok, but not that great. I just took my last dose of Prozac a few nights ago and the mirtazepine was increased from 30 to 60mg so I'm not sure if anything is actually working properly right now. All I know is that the Remeron makes me really groggy in the morning, to the extend that I cannot physically get out of bed.

Any suggestions? Comments? Success stories with Wellbutrin? Horror stories?
Old 01-19-12, 10:11 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice
Re: Is Wellbutrin for me???

yeah I think wellbutrin works well especially for adhd and mood regulation and you won't feel the medication peaks or valleys as much. Honestly , it can kind of blunt your stimulants effect but extend it's overall duration of effect. I think if I look back and get over it I do better without wellbutrin, my mood is definitely more inconsistent but I have better peak abilities to focus , so thats a bonus without it.
The Following User Says Thank You to hollywood For This Useful Post:
cameron90 (01-20-12)