ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 01-19-12, 01:35 PM

lesska22 is on a distinguished road
Anyone taking Lamictal with Adderall?

I'm not sure I'm spelling "Lamictal" correctly but I'm too lazy to check.
I was diagnosed with ADD about six months ago and am taking Adderall. I have also been taking Celexa for about three years now (except for the time I was pregnant which was very difficult) I take it mostly for the mood-stabalizing and anxiety rather than depression.

At my last appt my psychiatrist was asking me which symptoms of ADD were still an issue and I told him impulse control still create problems as well as sometimes staying on task rather than moving on from task to task. So he has me trying out Lamictal. I came home to look it up because I'm unfamiliar with the med and see that it's a mood-stabalizer (which I can understand) but is mostly used to treat bi-polar??

I guess there is a bi-polar 3 now that's gotten more awareness and I'm wondering if that's what I have??

Anyone have any knowledge/experience on this subject?

I'm on week 2 taking Lamictal only at 25 mg... oops I think I'm supposed to be doing 50 mg at week 2... guess I have to get off my lazy bum and go check after all
Old 01-19-12, 01:58 PM

Thanked 4,741 Times in 2,560 Posts
Blueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone taking Lamictal with Adderall?

Lots of people need to supplement their stimulants with mood stabilizers. It doesn't necessarily mean you have bipolar 3. Although, all mood disorders fit onto a spectrum of severity. Some people are just sensitive to stimulant that way.

I would just suggest keeping a mood chart or journal of some sort, educate you self on all meds you take, and if you are unsure about something let your doc know.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blueranne For This Useful Post:
lesska22 (01-19-12)
Old 01-19-12, 01:58 PM
Super Mooderator

Thanked 12,136 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute

Forgive me for asking, but I'm not understanding....Are you wanting to know if others here who have Bipolar who take Lamictal with Adderall or are you asking if you have Cyclothymia?

"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-12, 02:12 PM

lesska22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR549 View Post
Forgive me for asking, but I'm not understanding....Are you wanting to know if others here who have Bipolar who take Lamictal with Adderall or are you asking if you have Cyclothymia?
Um... you know, I'm not really sure what I'm asking lol I don't think anyone can tell me whether or not I have Cyclothymia based on me taking this drug so I guess I was wondering if anyone else is taking it that hasn't been diagnosed with it. I think I'm a little nervous starting another new drug...
Old 01-19-12, 02:15 PM
Super Mooderator

Thanked 12,136 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, okay That makes more sense to me

I'm always nervous about starting a new medication, so I know how you feel.....

"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi