ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 01-23-12, 10:19 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,843 Times in 1,061 Posts
TheChemicals has disabled reputation
Left-handed Gemini with ADD chills with Gemini woman with ADD

RANT ON

I am deeply in love with this woman. We employees went out to drink after work at a bar and i ended up spending most of the night doing silly inaprropriate things and acting nutsy with her, and my god we had a blast. We laughed until our heads hurt and played a great game of witty words. Oh yeh and her mom hung out with us too, which was also great because she is beautiful and fun to be around.

I love the 2 of them with all my unregulated emotional addness lol. IF she were single i would have already married this woman. Yeh...she has someone and has mentioned babies in the near future also. Her man is tall dark and handsome and has taken on similar goals as myself except he followed them through while i quit and moved on to other things. He is a lawyer.

My biggest fear is that i lose contact with her after she has kids. I want to know this woman the rest of my life as a friend...a best friend. I am not sure this is healthy though being that she has a man. Me and her are pretty explosive together and if she even looks at me in that way i would kiss her. She is very intuitive so my guess is that she that she feels the same way and will likely cut off contact with me because she loves her man and has a good life with him i think.

I do know that when im 50 or 60 or 70- i want her in my life on any level. I just hope that our dynamics dont make her decide we cant see eachother---This has happened before to me. Is it me or is every woman taken? lol

RANT OFF
Old 01-24-12, 07:27 PM
ADDvanced Member

seraphynx has a spectacular aura aboutseraphynx has a spectacular aura about
Re: Left-handed Gemini with ADD chills with Gemini woman with ADD

I know this probably isn't the response you were looking for.

It doesn't sound like you should fear losing contact with her. Particularly after she has children. Oh, wow, then you could play a role in breaking up a family instead of just a relationship!

You are in love with someone that is unavailable to you. Whether or not you want to call her a "friend" - it is unlikely that you will ever be able to separate your romantic emotional ideas from her. And don't think her husband wouldn't recognize your interest in her, and that alone would probably start fights between them.

Your presence in her current life will is interference, whether she welcomes it, does not recognize it, or sees the trouble and does not care. All you will do is damage each other in this instance. You can break up her relationship and cause emotional damage and heartbreak, or be that guy who pines endlessly over someone who does not feel the same about them. Neither outcome improves anyone.

There are other fish in the sea, she is not the end-all, be-all for you. You seem to have idealized her.

Do you really want to take away her current happiness with her relationship for your own ends? These situations only turn out to be messy for everyone involved. Think better of yourself. You deserve more than a disaster waiting to happen.
Old 01-29-12, 09:24 AM

Yes that is deep thought and painfully spiked and thank you for it. I can only do what my heart says though, good or bad, right or wrong.

"Does this path have heart"? right?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-12, 11:23 AM

Thanked 4,139 Times in 2,020 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, at least shes with a good man and has a good life.

Any girl i've ever liked has turned their back on me while self sabatoshing their life with some ******* who never deserved her in the first place.... but thats the UK for you.
Old 02-01-12, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
Hey, at least shes with a good man and has a good life.

Any girl i've ever liked has turned their back on me while self sabatoshing their life with some ******* who never deserved her in the first place.... but thats the UK for you.
isnt that a good feeling though? You can be like...ha i was a better man than the guy she is with now.
Old 02-01-12, 11:37 AM

Thanked 4,139 Times in 2,020 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChemicals View Post
isnt that a good feeling though? You can be like...ha i was a better man than the guy she is with now.
I could tell myself that. But then it leads onto the thought of "Well if i'm a better man than these p***ks, why am I the only one that can't get a girl?".