ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Non-ADD Partner Support
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Non-ADD Partner Support This is a support forum for non-ADD partners, spouses, and significant others offering feedback from both the ADD and non-ADD perspectives

Old 10-17-04, 04:51 PM

Mike911 is on a distinguished road
I have some very sad news

For those of you who don't know what's been happening in my life, my undiagnosed overfocused ADD wife has asked for a separation and possible divorce. She did this about two weeks after we discovered she was pregnant with our second child. The news itself suprised me, the timing devastated me. I found a tremendous amount of support and validation in various support groups and forums such as these. Thank you.

Last Thursday, at our 16-week appointment with the OB-GYN, they couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. An ultrasound confirmed our worst fears. My wife had a 1 in 1000 occurrence: a "moler pregnancy." Essentially, two sperm fertilized the same ovum and the conflicting genetic materials caused the ovum to split into a baby and a "mole" - a tumor made up of a mish-mash of placental and amniotic cells. The "mole" can occasionally develop into a cancer, about 1 in 5 do, so we are awaiting the results on a biopsy now. There was nothing we did or could have done to cause or prevent this from happening. Babies rarely live past week 15 in a moler pregnancy.

We are both devastated beyond words. Plans for separating are on hold, at least for now. The entire landscape of our situation has changed, and we are both at a loss on what happens next.

Thank you in advance for your support and thoughts and prayers, my friends. So many of you have already contacted me expressing your support in our time of grief. Thank you.

Michael
Old 10-17-04, 05:39 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Michael,

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with both you and your wife.
Old 10-17-04, 07:10 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,056 Times in 578 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Same here, Michael. Please accept condolences from the entire ADD Forums community.

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-04, 07:22 PM
Forum ADDvocate

charlie is on a distinguished road
Michael,
Don't give up hope. You say molear babies rarely exist longer than 15 weeks and you were at the 16th week checkup.
Your family is in our prayers-- keep your spirits up.

avatar= Carol Kane Angel :Scrooged

Old 10-17-04, 10:53 PM

liketalk is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Mike,
You know you have my prayers and support.
Old 10-17-04, 11:23 PM
ADDvanced Member

GirlDriver is on a distinguished road
Falling Star for You Mike

Dear Mike,
I'm so sorry about you sad news. I saw a falling star just now and wished peace for you and your wife.
Girl Driver
Old 10-17-04, 11:30 PM

Thanked 3,330 Times in 1,335 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute
Mike,

I hope that if nothing else, you find comfort and solace in whatever it is that you might take this from in these troubled and hard times. Unfortunately, it seems as if distance would prevent me from offering any kind of help or assistance to you...so my best wishes, hopes, and prayers are with you now, and I hope that you can find support and guidance in the company of those around you.

I wish I could express my sympathy somehow better than I can here...but it is hard to seem sincere with typed word alone, and I can't exactly sign my name to this...oh well...

Yours,
Keith
Old 10-18-04, 12:21 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

exeter is on a distinguished road
I really don't know what to say. Hopefully your doctor already mentioned that the prognosis for your wife is excellent. I'm sure you both will pull through. While it's not the same, my best friend lost her 3 year old son a few years ago, so I understand what you mean when you say you are devastated beyond words. The only things that helped her through were time and the support and love of friends. Both you and your wife have my sympathies.
Old 10-18-04, 12:26 AM

RhapsodyInBlue has disabled reputation
Mike,

Times like these make words seem so useless. I am so sorry you and your wife are going through this. It is very painful to lose a child under any circumstances. You both have my deepest sympathy.

-Viktoria
Old 10-18-04, 09:22 AM
Jr Member

d2roberts is on a distinguished road
I'm so sorry for your loss. You have to trust that things in life happen for a reason - hard as they may be.

Prayers are being said for your and your family.
Old 10-18-04, 09:49 AM

clawless has disabled reputation
Michael,

My thoughts are with both you and your wife. I'm so sorry for your loss. You both have my deepest sympathy.

The best inheritance a person can give to his children is a few minutes of his time each day -- O. A. Battista
Old 10-18-04, 10:10 AM
Jr Member

SilverMoon is on a distinguished road
I'm so sorry Mike. I don't really know what to say either.
Old 10-18-04, 02:52 PM

crime_scene has disabled reputation
Mike this is very tragic news indeed. I'm all over it with you and your wife.

Please take care of each other and know we are thinking of you.
Old 10-18-04, 08:30 PM
Jr Member

diannelynnep is on a distinguished road
Your pain brings tears. I can not imagine the pain. I will be thinking about you and hope that you find solace in the fact that so many people care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike911
For those of you who don't know what's been happening in my life, my undiagnosed overfocused ADD wife has asked for a separation and possible divorce. She did this about two weeks after we discovered she was pregnant with our second child. The news itself suprised me, the timing devastated me. I found a tremendous amount of support and validation in various support groups and forums such as these. Thank you.

Last Thursday, at our 16-week appointment with the OB-GYN, they couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. An ultrasound confirmed our worst fears. My wife had a 1 in 1000 occurrence: a "moler pregnancy." Essentially, two sperm fertilized the same ovum and the conflicting genetic materials caused the ovum to split into a baby and a "mole" - a tumor made up of a mish-mash of placental and amniotic cells. The "mole" can occasionally develop into a cancer, about 1 in 5 do, so we are awaiting the results on a biopsy now. There was nothing we did or could have done to cause or prevent this from happening. Babies rarely live past week 15 in a moler pregnancy.

We are both devastated beyond words. Plans for separating are on hold, at least for now. The entire landscape of our situation has changed, and we are both at a loss on what happens next.

Thank you in advance for your support and thoughts and prayers, my friends. So many of you have already contacted me expressing your support in our time of grief. Thank you.

Michael
Old 10-19-04, 02:47 PM
Contributor

broK is on a distinguished road
Michael:
my heart goes out to you, and we'll be keeping you in our prayers.
kevin