ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #166  
Old 03-17-12, 06:51 PM
Rebelyell's Avatar
Rebelyell Rebelyell is offline
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Somerset NJ
Posts: 9,908
Thanks: 5,820
Thanked 10,298 Times in 5,591 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adderall Ruined My Life

Are you sure its the just being dxed adhd or you just grew up and things that bothered you no longer dont?sometimes its good not to care on certain things
What do your siblings,parents think?have they seen a change as well?
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
tired1823 (03-18-12)
  #167  
Old 03-18-12, 02:47 AM
C8H10N4O2's Avatar
C8H10N4O2 C8H10N4O2 is offline
Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Midwest in U S and A
Posts: 1,311
Thanks: 940
Thanked 1,219 Times in 682 Posts
C8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Adderall Ruined My Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tired1823 View Post
It is not a good thing to encourage people to take medicine. It's a band aid. It's an easy way out for most. It is supported only because it is done by a billion dollar industry.

What happened to me is common. Bad side effects from adderall are common. Unfortunately, when they are written about on here.. they are denied. When you go to the dr. and complain.. you are denied. That is the problem.

People need to be scared away from scary stuff. If I had read my thread three years ago I would have not been in the situation I am in now.

You shouldn't encourage people to take medicine. The best choice is to do the hard thing... make yourself find a way to do what you are supposed to do without medication.
Absolutely not! I cannot accept this statement as being even mildly okay. People need to be informed about scary stuff, but it's absolutely ridiculous to say they need to be scared away from scary stuff. Scare tactics are terrible. Often times, science provides us with information we'd rather not be true, but does that mean we should stop seeking the truth about the world around us?! Heck no! I , as a seeker of the truth, as someone incredibly devoted to science as our current best way of finding that truth, and as a supporter of rationality and logic, will not support the thinking that it is not only okay but that it is necessary to scare people away from scary stuff. The key here, is that people need to be informed of the facts, not have things blown out of proportion, which results in not actually being informed of reality.

There are many procedures and other things that are scary. But people should not be scared away from them. How terrible would our world be if people never took any risks whenever they perceived a risk? It's just unimaginably horrible. Fear is a very interesting thing, and from a cognitive evolution standpoint, it gets even more interesting. Years ago, it helped people survive. However, it's very likely that it's a little over active for our current reality, and because it's so emotionally engaging, it's very difficult to overcome. If I yielded to every "scary thing" I had to force myself to get over, my life would be so insanely empty and shallow. If we stick to strictly medical things, most procedures are scary. Most new medicines are scary. Most everything can be considered "scary stuff" at some point, but it'd be exceedingly unwise to not take advantage of the opportunities modern medicine involves. I actually just lost an uncle because he was too scared to have a relatively mild procedure done.

This whole "big pharma" stuff is exceedingly tiresome. It's so common to place unjustified fear into "big corporations". Big pharma scare tactics revolve around the "if they cured us, they'd be out of a job. They want us to be sick" yet the exact opposite is true. There is an abundance of evidence for this, and I just don't even have the drive to get involved more with this discussion right now, but it's just purely unfounded because it "sounds good and reasonable" until you actually dig deeper.

That last statement is absolutely false. For some people, in some situations, certain medicines are bad. For some people, in some situations, medicine is phenomenally good. As for stimulants specifically, they have been tested for decades, and for their prescribed uses, they are generally safe. You are the exception to the rule, not the rule. I suspect "everyone else you know who has taken it" is a bit of a case of confirmation bias. I freely admit some people have poor reactions to it, yet you are unable to even acknowledge that for some people it is a life saver. Medicine has been essential to our progress as a species. If you look at average life expectancy by year, it's pretty evident that as science has progressed, so has the number of years lived. Since medicine is a field of science very closely related to health and thus is also related to life expectancy, I can't help but think there is probably a cause and effect relationship there instead of merely being a coincidental correlation.

However, if you take nothing else away from what I've said at all, please just deeply think about the following. As badly as you were hurt by taking adderall, it is very likely that you are hurting others to the same degree by scaring them away from taking adderall (or even worse by scaring them away from taking life saving medicines).

Last edited by C8H10N4O2; 03-18-12 at 03:16 AM.. Reason: No adderall for a month now and as a result there were too many dang typos.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C8H10N4O2 For This Useful Post:
KronarTheBlack (03-18-12), Unmanagable (03-18-12)
  #168  
Old 03-18-12, 03:14 AM
C8H10N4O2's Avatar
C8H10N4O2 C8H10N4O2 is offline
Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Midwest in U S and A
Posts: 1,311
Thanks: 940
Thanked 1,219 Times in 682 Posts
C8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Adderall Ruined My Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tired1823 View Post
the TOP research is. The best research is. The research that trickles down and effects a lot of other research is.. the research that all the dr.'s are sent is... yea.

and new or worsening mental or mood problems really does not in any way say your memory will be shot. wow.
Please explain to me how double and triple blinded clinical trials can have so much influence by the "billion dollar industry". As far as I know, if no patient knows what treatment they are receiving, if no administrator knows what they are administering, and if no statistician knows what "a, b, c, d, etc." are symbols of when compiling the data, how could they possibly influence what gets reported? Also, they have to fund the research because they are required to prove the medication's validity. That's why a bulk of research is paid for by the pharmaceutical companies, but that doesn't mean that the company even has the slightest bit of their hand involved with the research. You severely misunderstand how drug research is conducted. Also, why is it that the "best research" is now considered to be less useful than the toilet paper that public schools use to stock their bathrooms?

That statement, actually really attacks me. Whether you realize it or not, you are saying research is pointless because all of the individuals involved don't provide any worthwhile results. You discount *everything* that "big pharma" pays for, yet they produce the "best research". Their research is not valid. I am not funded by "big pharma" so my research is ranked lower than "big pharma's research". Therefore, my research is even worse. I disagree, and I can fully back my statements up with insurmountable evidence. Continuing to use this line of reasoning falls under nothing short of delusional. I'm using that word with it's psychiatric sense as according to wiki:
Quote:
A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.
Also, I'm very worried that you are starting Adderall again. Being so outspoken against it, claiming it ruined your life, and then starting to take it again is beyond my capabilities to understand. I really think seeking help from someone else in the health field would be wise. I also think it might not be a terrible idea to show them this thread.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C8H10N4O2 For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (03-18-12), KronarTheBlack (03-18-12), Lunacie (03-18-12), trishcan (03-18-12), Unmanagable (03-18-12)
Sponsored Links
  #169  
Old 03-18-12, 10:50 AM
Lunacie's Avatar
Lunacie Lunacie is online now
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: south-central Kansas
Posts: 13,825
Thanks: 10,178
Thanked 17,077 Times in 8,031 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adderall Ruined My Life

After some sleep my brain seems to be working better this morning and
I realize what I found troubling about Tired's "meds are like bandaids"
comment.

Bandaids are for keeping a wound clean while it heals. Most wounds will
heal.

ADHD will not heal. We are born with it and we die with it. There may
be times where it has minimal impairment on our lives, but it Does Not
Go Away Ever.

That is the reality and that's what we have to accept and deal with.
The meds can help us deal with it and live a somewhat normal life.
Why wouldn't we want that?

Without that help it's impossible for most of us to make ourselves
"... find a way to do what you are supposed to do..." as Tired added.


As C8H10N4O2 points out, there is an exception to every rule. In the
case of Propranolol I'm the exception to it being a safe and helpful
medication. In the case of Adderall, Tired is the exception to it being
a safe and helpful medication.

The exceptions really are a very small percentage. It's good to know
that you may risk serious side effects if you should happen to be one
of those exceptions. When the odds are 1-in-100 or less that I'll be
that exception, even after having an anaphylactic reaction to a med,
I've decided that it's worth the risk to give meds prescribed by my
doctor a trial.
__________________
As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
KronarTheBlack (03-18-12), pechemignonne (03-18-12)
  #170  
Old 03-18-12, 02:15 PM
anonymouslyadd's Avatar
anonymouslyadd anonymouslyadd is offline
Moderator of all seasons
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: .
Posts: 12,140
Blog Entries: 33
Thanks: 13,542
Thanked 12,952 Times in 6,613 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adderall Ruined My Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tired1823 View Post
It is not a good thing to encourage people to take medicine. It's a band aid. It's an easy way out for most. It is supported only because it is done by a billion dollar industry.
My dad would have been dead many years ago had medicine not been around. I lived with my mom for most of my childhood, and I'm glad to have spent some time with him in recent years for the memories.

The pharmaceutical companies take on an abundance of risk when they delve into research and development. They spend into the billions of dollars with no guarantee of a return. They have to wait roughly 7-10 in the U.S. to see a nickel back from their investment. The deserve every penny earned.

The good thing about science is that it has many controls and is self correcting. This doesn't mean it deserves blind trust and that would surely undermine its basic premise. The job of the scientist is to prove with empirical evidence their hypothesis is correct (which I think is rejecting the null, but I may be wrong). What it does mean is that there are enough controls in place to have a good deal of trust in medicine when it's on the market.

For you, I'm sorry that no one was there for you when you were going through such suffering. It sounds like you needed a hug and for someone to tell you that you were loved.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
C8H10N4O2 (03-18-12), KronarTheBlack (03-18-12), Lunacie (03-18-12)
  #171  
Old 03-18-12, 05:42 PM
spunkysmum's Avatar
spunkysmum spunkysmum is offline
Moderately Neato
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast Iowa, USA
Posts: 3,030
Thanks: 3,938
Thanked 2,650 Times in 1,430 Posts
spunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adderall Ruined My Life

I wish I had the money right now to let Adderall ruin my life. I'd love to have my life "ruined" by having the focus, energy, clarity, ability to function optimally that Adderall curses me with when I have it.
__________________
Trying to avoid being late by showing up really early is like a man trying to avoid peeing on the right side of the toilet seat by aiming at the floor on the far left.
  #172  
Old 03-18-12, 05:43 PM
spunkysmum's Avatar
spunkysmum spunkysmum is offline
Moderately Neato
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast Iowa, USA
Posts: 3,030
Thanks: 3,938
Thanked 2,650 Times in 1,430 Posts
spunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adderall Ruined My Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
After some sleep my brain seems to be working better this morning and
I realize what I found troubling about Tired's "meds are like bandaids"
comment.

Bandaids are for keeping a wound clean while it heals. Most wounds will
heal.

ADHD will not heal. We are born with it and we die with it. There may
be times where it has minimal impairment on our lives, but it Does Not
Go Away Ever.

That is the reality and that's what we have to accept and deal with.
The meds can help us deal with it and live a somewhat normal life.
Why wouldn't we want that?
Much applause for your excellent point on the band-aid thing.
__________________
Trying to avoid being late by showing up really early is like a man trying to avoid peeing on the right side of the toilet seat by aiming at the floor on the far left.
The Following User Says Thank You to spunkysmum For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-18-12)
  #173  
Old 03-18-12, 06:02 PM
tired1823 tired1823 is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: US
Posts: 3,576
Thanks: 4,188
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,616 Posts
tired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Adderall Ruined My Life

My mom has Adhd and she lived a normal, very admirable life. She did poorly in school but clearly that wasn't the most important thing because she has a great life. Adderall makes me disrespectful, less kind, less nurturing, less in need of bonds or relationships. I have observed that Adderall does many things to people, and bad side effects are not rare.

I'm a kindergarten teacher's aide. There is one child in the first grade who is add, hyper, disruptive.. he has an amazing personality. Some teachers might say put this kid on meds, I can't take him (shame on that teacher). The lady I taught with put him at her desk and put the extra effort in to accomodate him. She didn't want to see him on meds because he had such a good personality... and whatever her other reasons are. His first grade teacher can't stand him (shame on the teacher). He's still happy and ok. He's coping, developing, like he's supposed to, naturally.

Meds aren't for everyone and they are over prescribed. People aren't able to make informed choices when they don't know both sides of the story. It's crucial to be able to make an informed choice about something that has such drastic effects on your brain.
  #174  
Old 03-18-12, 06:04 PM
tired1823 tired1823 is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: US
Posts: 3,576
Thanks: 4,188
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,616 Posts
tired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Adderall Ruined My Life

I also have inattentive add. I'm positive because I have "maladaptive daydreaming". Anyway, I coped. I lived with depression, but that's also because my mom neglected me when she had my baby brother.

Eventually I went on meds bc I was having a tough year and in hindsight, everyone has a tough year when they teach two year olds.

I lost a hell of a lot when I decided to take Adderall... it's very deceptive. It seemed like such a good thing to do. WONDER WHY? (I was being affected by a bias I wasn't even aware of).
  #175  
Old 03-18-12, 06:07 PM
tired1823 tired1823 is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: US
Posts: 3,576
Thanks: 4,188
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,616 Posts
tired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Adderall Ruined My Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by C8H10N4O2 View Post

However, if you take nothing else away from what I've said at all, please just deeply think about the following. As badly as you were hurt by taking adderall, it is very likely that you are hurting others to the same degree by scaring them away from taking adderall (or even worse by scaring them away from taking life saving medicines).
Chainreaction, it's not essential to everyone taking it. IT IS OVERPRESCRIBED. That's a fact. That's the problem. You don't realize how many people have problems with it.
  #176  
Old 03-18-12, 06:13 PM
Rebelyell's Avatar
Rebelyell Rebelyell is offline
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Somerset NJ
Posts: 9,908
Thanks: 5,820
Thanked 10,298 Times in 5,591 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adderall Ruined My Life

Boy thats and oxymoron if I ever heard one! LOL I wished my brain worked right after some sleep.Anyway I know when I took stimulants as a child,it made me overly sensitive,I easily cried and complained it made my tourettes come out, so Im not discounting what you say about these meds.However since you feel your brain chemistry has been changed by it and theres nothing you can do to change that there is the here and now.What can you do to help yourself now is the answer you need to find for yourself.Can you stop taking it? if you dont take it do you crave it /get more irate at people etc? I cant take stimulants ever again due to it could make my tourettes go full blown..I wish there was more advice to give to you tired
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-18-12)
  #177  
Old 03-18-12, 07:03 PM
Lunacie's Avatar
Lunacie Lunacie is online now
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: south-central Kansas
Posts: 13,825
Thanks: 10,178
Thanked 17,077 Times in 8,031 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adderall Ruined My Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tired1823 View Post
Chainreaction, it's not essential to everyone taking it. IT IS OVERPRESCRIBED. That's a fact. That's the problem. You don't realize how many people have problems with it.
Can you provide some information to back this up? With a minimal amount
of searching I can find information to back up what I said previously that
only about half of all people (children and adults) who have been
diagnosed with ADHD are taking any meds at all.

Even if they were over-prescribed - and I'd like to see some information
on that from a reputable source, people have the choice to take them
or to not take them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tired1823 View Post
My mom has Adhd and she lived a normal, very admirable life. She did poorly in school but clearly that wasn't the most important thing because she has a great life. Adderall makes me disrespectful, less kind, less nurturing, less in need of bonds or relationships. I have observed that Adderall does many things to people, and bad side effects are not rare.

I'm a kindergarten teacher's aide. There is one child in the first grade who is add, hyper, disruptive.. he has an amazing personality. Some teachers might say put this kid on meds, I can't take him (shame on that teacher). The lady I taught with put him at her desk and put the extra effort in to accomodate him. She didn't want to see him on meds because he had such a good personality... and whatever her other reasons are. His first grade teacher can't stand him (shame on the teacher). He's still happy and ok. He's coping, developing, like he's supposed to, naturally.

Meds aren't for everyone and they are over prescribed. People aren't able to make informed choices when they don't know both sides of the story. It's crucial to be able to make an informed choice about something that has such drastic effects on your brain.
I did very poorly in school and, maybe because my parents thought it
was important, my self-esteem suffered greatly because of it. I felt like
a failure when I could barely do basic math problems. Taking tests was
a nightmare for me. When called on by the teacher, my brain slipped out
of gear and just spun it's wheels, I could not come up with an answer.


My granddaughter did pretty well in primary school with some help from
teachers who found her very bright and helpful. ADHD kids often connect
better with adults than with other children. But by 4th and 5th grades
(age 10) she was falling further and further behind.

She could not remember to bring her assignments or homework or text
books home with her, and when we went back to school to get them and
do the homework, she would forget to turn the homework in or loose it in
her backpack. Her self esteem was so bad she would hit herself in the
head and call herself "stupid." It was so hearbreaking.


I'm glad the little guy you're helping with is getting special attention from
the teacher, but if he wasn'tgetting that help he could be in a world of
hurt very quickly. And when the work gets harder in the higher grades he
may have a much harder time.


You're right - meds are not for everyone. Some people have a minor level
of impairment and may do okay without their help. But those who struggle
won't know if the meds will help until they give them a trial run. Again,
please show me some information to back up the claim that stimulant
meds are over-prescribed.
__________________
As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
  #178  
Old 03-18-12, 07:21 PM
Rebelyell's Avatar
Rebelyell Rebelyell is offline
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Somerset NJ
Posts: 9,908
Thanks: 5,820
Thanked 10,298 Times in 5,591 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adderall Ruined My Life

After 5th grade that was it for stimulants and I still didnt do great in school.My mom said when I was on it it really really helped me w being able to concentrate,impulsivity,being so hyper and acting up and out and talking out of turn etc. After I got dxed w TS it seemed I was on everything but stimulants
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (03-18-12)
  #179  
Old 03-18-12, 08:07 PM
boa0332's Avatar
boa0332 boa0332 is offline
Jr Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 24
Thanks: 13
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
boa0332 is on a distinguished road
Re: Life after Adderall is miserable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tired1823 View Post
Or... maybe someone could support me for the worst thing that has ever happened to me in my life.
To me it sounds like you abused your medication. Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean everyone will..I did take Adderall and it just wasn't for me. I tried a lot of different types of medications to no avail. Until I tried 70 mg of Vyvanse that was the right amount and the right type of medication for me, but its different for everyone. You sound like you needed instant gratification and started doubling up until it got out of control and instead of taking responsibility for your actions your blaming it on the medication. Do you think guns kill people or do you believe people kill people.
  #180  
Old 03-18-12, 08:29 PM
trishcan trishcan is offline
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 3,241
Thanks: 1,112
Thanked 4,332 Times in 2,019 Posts
trishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Life after Adderall is miserable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boa0332 View Post
To me it sounds like you abused your medication. Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean everyone will..I did take Adderall and it just wasn't for me. I tried a lot of different types of medications to no avail. Until I tried 70 mg of Vyvanse that was the right amount and the right type of medication for me, but its different for everyone. You sound like you needed instant gratification and started doubling up until it got out of control and instead of taking responsibility for your actions your blaming it on the medication. Do you think guns kill people or do you believe people kill people.
Can I ask where you're getting that information? Or are you just speculating? I've not seen the OP share that she took the medication in any way other than exactly as prescribed. Unlike guns, medication can screw you up even when you take all the appropriate precautions. Thankfully, it doesn't happen frequently under those conditions, but I'm sure that's no consolation to the OP, who gets to be the lucky one to whom it did.
__________________
"Everyone wants to be a perpetual motion machine / we all try harder as the days run out"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trishcan For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-18-12), namazu (03-18-12), peripatetic (03-18-12)
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adderall side effect question sywi Adderall 106 12-13-14 12:58 PM
Even "Brand" Adderall XR isn't great anymore; switch to Concerta? Vyvanse? Calm & focused General Medication Discussion 14 02-02-13 06:15 PM
New ad/hd Diagnosed...Feel like I ruined my whole life Damaged Goods Adult Diagnosis & Treatment 7 02-16-12 10:08 PM
Not sure whether my experience with Adderall so far is common or not... franklinBen Adderall 6 09-13-11 07:57 PM
Adderall to Dexadrine Spanuals MindResearcher Adderall 7 05-29-10 08:18 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) 2003 - 2014 ADD Forums