ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 10-19-04, 07:43 AM

MindResearcher will become famous soon enough
Back on Adderall

Hi guys, sorry havent been online, my computer again was virused, and had to spend 4 days fixing it, then had to call dell.

My doc actually switched me back to adderall from dexedrine, but put me on 90 mg of adderall! I couldnt beleive it, but my pharmacist said 90 is the top dose my insurance will pay, and i asked her why does it say 60mg is the max in the adderall handout, she said that ya that is , but your doctor can go beyond that if he feels so. SO i guess he feels i nedd 90 , 3 x daily which works so much better. Even though my tolerance is not good, but i dont have to worry about not taking any thing for the last part of the evening. Plus i dont have any problem sleeping. I could take 30mg and lay down 2 hrs later, but i dont feel like laying down.
Dex may have been too weak because of BARR company. Or maybe just it wanst for me, but Im very happy where I am now. It is still working on my add great, and i tend to take 5 days off every month, but as soon as i decide to obtain an alternative to take, so i dont fall into a slumber.
I dont meen ritalin , but just another med, like welbutrin but a bit stronger, unless welbutrin at a higher dose will help, but i never took it. I dont want to feel like some people claim they do when taking dex or adderall, then taking welbutrin. I have desiprimaine, which i dont like.

As for anyone on adderall, i can give you some learning experience. Dont jump on another med, just because the adderall wore off. This is a mistake i made and though dexedrine would be better and I would respond better. But didnt work that way. IF adderall works for you, stick with it, and let your doctor make some changes with dosages and such.
But just because the drug "efffects" wear off , but still help add, means, in reality, you may be looking for a buzz, which, i admit i do like. But also, its helping my add effects which didnt go away.
If you need a jump, i drink a coffee and it helps. But no more than 2 a day. Another thing which is really improtant is cleaning your system out, with a total body cleansing system like you can by at gnc. I totally never though of that, but in your intestines there are alot of receptors! Dont ask how or why, but iv just read about it, so keeping the old colon and intestins clean and flushed, will help medication work better, and help the kidneys and blatter.
Im must go check the other board.
mind research
Old 12-18-08, 04:17 AM

ElecTrick is on a distinguished road
Re: Back on Adderall

Somewhat agree somewhat don't. Getting used to add is like taking a sip of coffee instead of drinking the cup. But I'm sure most of it is in ones mind.
Old 12-18-08, 01:58 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

kiosk is a jewel in the roughkiosk is a jewel in the roughkiosk is a jewel in the rough

is not as simple as just increasing dosage....am on 40mg (20mg 2x day) and it barely works....if I increase dosage then my sleep gets ruined...so am stuck...sometimes a med switch is whats needed
The Following User Says Thank You to kiosk For This Useful Post:
ndnbutterfly (12-18-08)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-10, 05:54 PM
Jr Member

emerald is on a distinguished road

You could ask for something to help with the sleep like benzodiazepines(Xanax, Klonapen, E.T.C) or a sleeping pill. Thats what I get in case I can't get to sleep.