ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-12, 09:00 PM

diagonally is on a distinguished road
Re: Have you always felt like you needed a stimulant to function?

Absolutely. I started drinking coffee when I was 12 and it's still my first love. Though Ritalin is in close second place.
Old 02-20-12, 09:02 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,845 Posts
Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute

i wouldnt put it that way. i notice that adderall is the only medication that works well for me, doesnt make me depressed, etc. and it is a stimulant. but adderall's handicapped brother vyvanse doesnt work for me as well, not as effective as adderall and it hurts my hunger and weight way more than adderall ever did.

but i dont need anything to function. they do make life easier. im not handicapped wihout medicine though or anything like that...except my allergy medication but that's another story

-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 02-20-12, 09:19 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

cameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of light

If I considered all of the medications, substances, drugs that I have taken my entire life, I'm pretty confident that stimulants are going to take the majority of that list, if you don't really take into account antidepressants. Mostly caffeine, nicotine, more caffeine, energy drinks. Mostly caffeine... and probably a lot of sugar when I was younger.

I don't know if it was psychological but if I didn't have a coffee or at least a cola during the day, I would just feel hazy and useless. I might get some stuff done, but I would be sure that I would have gotten more done if I had some kind of stimulant.
Sponsored Links