ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What should I do tonight?
Spellbound Hitchcock movie 1 11.11%
Roller Derby match 7 77.78%
Stay home 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-12, 03:05 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,330 Times in 1,872 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute
Hitchcock movie or Roller Derby?

Hitchcock's Spellbound is playing at a downtown theater.

SPELLBOUND
USA. 1945. Dir.: Alfred Hitchcock. Digital projection. 111 min. With: Ingrid Bergman, Gregory Peck and Michael Chekhov
Original English version with French subtitles

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dr. Murchison, the head of the Green Manors mental asylum, is retiring and will be replaced by Dr. Edwardes, a famous psychiatrist. Edwardes arrives and is immediately attracted to the beautiful but cold Dr. Constance Petersen.

However, it soon becomes apparent that Dr. Edwardes is in fact a paranoid amnesiac impostor. He goes on the run with Constance who tries to help his condition and solve the mystery of what happened to the real Dr. Edwardes. The screenplay is an adaptation of the novel The House of Dr. Edwardes (1927) by Hilary Saint George Saunders and John Palmer (writing as "Francis Beeding").

Shot just after the war, Spellbound is a true success in terms of intrigue, cinematographic research and acting. The scenes of John Ballantine’s dreams were directed under the supervision of Salvador Dali and are visually outstanding.

BUT...

Also, there is a Roller Derby match between my town and Boston...

Roller Derby. Girls in sexy outfits kicking each other's butts wearing roller skates.

And they're both at the same time!!!

What do I do??

"I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread, but they can't buy any. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever."
Mitch Hedberg

"You would be the world's worst ninja."
Pechemignonne's boyfriend
Old 02-17-12, 03:15 PM
supermoderator

Thanked 22,334 Times in 10,020 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hitchcock movie or Roller Derby?

are you decent at sitting in a theatre? if so...and if one you've not seen, defo go for the film. however...i have netflix for a reason and that reason is that being a good movie goer is unlikely at best and i just annoy others and self unless we're talking imax, which...if the movie isn't too long...i can do with aplomb.

that said...thhe roller derby sounds like more opportunity for being boisterous and less irritating to others if you're up and out of seat, etc, frequently.

regardless, don't stay home; you've got options!
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
pechemignonne (02-17-12)
Old 02-17-12, 03:34 PM

Thanked 4,741 Times in 2,560 Posts
Blueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond repute

Knocking random people off their feet and onto their *** sounds kinda interesting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blueranne For This Useful Post:
pechemignonne (02-17-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-12, 04:51 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,330 Times in 1,872 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute

And it's Roller Derby, for the win!!!

"I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread, but they can't buy any. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever."
Mitch Hedberg

"You would be the world's worst ninja."
Pechemignonne's boyfriend
Old 02-17-12, 05:43 PM
Committee of One

Thanked 4,140 Times in 1,772 Posts
Retromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond repute

If I had a date I'd go with the roller derby. If not I would go with the film. That's just the way I roll.
-- Oscar Wilde
The Following User Says Thank You to Retromancer For This Useful Post:
spunkysmum (02-17-12)
Old 02-17-12, 06:32 PM
Moderately Neato

Thanked 2,649 Times in 1,429 Posts
spunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I'd pick the movie, even though I've seen it. I wouldn't mind roller skating myself but would find watching it to be boring.
Old 02-17-12, 06:51 PM
Educator moderator

Thanked 2,952 Times in 1,497 Posts
julesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant future

wow skating is my all time favourite thing to do,watch or skate ,i love it jULES
Old 02-17-12, 10:36 PM

Thanked 8,739 Times in 2,712 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

Not even close.

It's Roller Derby all the way.

tc

Robert