ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Children's Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Children's Diagnosis & Treatment This forums is for parents to discuss issues related to diagnosis and treament of children with AD/HD

Old 04-14-12, 01:59 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

happytexas has much to be proud ofhappytexas has much to be proud ofhappytexas has much to be proud ofhappytexas has much to be proud ofhappytexas has much to be proud ofhappytexas has much to be proud ofhappytexas has much to be proud ofhappytexas has much to be proud ofhappytexas has much to be proud ofhappytexas has much to be proud of
Re: ADHD-H + general anxiety disorder? WTD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLazyGal View Post
....but for me, so much of the anxiety was caused by my ADHD symptoms. When that got treated with stimulants, I became less anxious about ADHD-related stuff.
Yes, this was true of Ds and myself as well.

Nail biting/picking at skin is not uncommon with ADHD; hand wringing and hair twisting could be tics and are not necessarily just manifestations of anxiety.

The main symptom of GAD is the almost constant presence of worry or tension, even when there is little or no cause; this was not true of my ds.

Strattera works similar to some antidepressents which could possible cause a problem of it's own.
The Following User Says Thank You to happytexas For This Useful Post:
ccom5100 (04-14-12)