ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 04-18-12, 01:29 PM

begreen0 will become famous soon enough
Kava kava with your adderall?

Anyone experience/have any thoughts on this? Of course something like low dose xanax with adderall can be extremely useful for smoothening out the experience, but comes with tons of consequences (cognition, likelyhood of dependence, etc)....wondering if maybe a small amount of kava with adderall may be an effective alternative?

Anyway, does anyone here have any thoughts on this combination for actual add treatment/cognitive enhancement purposes?

Last edited by BR549; 04-18-12 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: removed link to other forum
Old 04-18-12, 01:37 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 20,028 Times in 7,221 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kava kava with your adderall?

People who use medication that is in short supply for cognitive enhancement are jerks.
Old 04-18-12, 01:44 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Tylerlee17 will become famous soon enough

Stop reading that site, nothing good comes of it trust me
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-12, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginniebean View Post
People who use medication that is in short supply for cognitive enhancement are jerks.

umm...you are using it for cognitive enhancement. Whether that's from "good" to "better", or "bad" to "good" (as in the case with adders (of which I am))....everyone is looking for cognitive enhancement of some sort.....sure adders are better candidates if pharm companies create these limited supplies situations....

that said, I have a hard time believing that you are NOT looking for cognitive enhancement period... why else would you take it? To enhance your ability to cognitively function in society

Last edited by begreen0; 04-18-12 at 03:25 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to begreen0 For This Useful Post:
Mrs.Combobulate (04-28-12)
Old 04-18-12, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerlee17 View Post
Stop reading that site, nothing good comes of it trust me

haha thanks, I appreciate that actually....not hoping to adopt their perspective(s) generally...
Old 04-18-12, 03:22 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 20,028 Times in 7,221 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by begreen0 View Post
umm...you are using it for cognitive enhancement. Whether that's from "normal" to "better", or "bad" to "normal" (as in the case with adders (of which I am))....everyone is looking for cognitive enhancement of some sort.....sure adders are better candidates if pharm companies create these limited supplies situations....

that said, I have a hard time believing that you are NOT looking for cognitive enhancement period... why else would you take it? To enhance your ability to cognitively function in society
We're using it in order to function, in order to keep a job, in order to beat discrimination. People with adhd arent neurologically enhancing any more than a diabetic is insulin enhancing. Suggesting it trivializes a brain disorder and to use it to justify drug seeking is ignorant and kinda pathetic.

I can only add wisdom from, sarah sweets at this point.
ana futura (04-18-12), Chicchick (05-01-12), sarahsweets (04-28-12)
Old 04-18-12, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginniebean View Post
We're using it in order to function, in order to keep a job, in order to beat discrimination. People with adhd arent neurologically enhancing any more than a diabetic is insulin enhancing. Suggesting it trivializes a brain disorder and to use it to justify drug seeking is ignorant and kinda pathetic.

I can only add wisdom from, sarah sweets at this point.

you don't understand...I am not trivializing a brain disorder, nor justifying drug seeking. I am in for the most part in agreement with you. To me, the word "enhancement" means "to improve". You are improving, or enhancing, your cognitive abilities. Yes, for you (and many other of us adders), such an improvement, or enhancement, is critical to our basic functioning. Call it whatever word you want, I'm just saying that people generally use it for an improved state of functioning. Yes, for some it is actually necessary, and for others it isn't so much....

please don't bash, I am on your side
Mrs.Combobulate (04-28-12)
Old 04-28-12, 01:23 AM

JjamADD is on a distinguished road

Kava Kava does have a slight stimulating effect to it, but subtle. Personally, I have used it with several Nootropics which give me focus, concentration, and memory enhancement. I've had several adverse side effects from adderall to say the least. Adverse effects such as shortness in breath, heartburns, and anxiety which is why I had to discontinue my prescription usage. Personally, I use racetams in the place of Adderall and have found them quite beneficial and little to no side effects. I only experience slight insomnia when I use them at night time - go figure heh. Human studies have established that Aniracetam is a powerful cognitive enhancer. Study participants improved their scores on a number of intelligence and memory tests (Saletu, 1980, 1984). I pulled this off the "Smart Drugs for Thought" website (which is the supplier of my racetams) to further detail you of one of the benefits. I also found several documents about the usage of racetams at Erowid. To say the least Kava Kava might not do nearly as much as you think as Amphetamines are very powerful stimulants which could overtake the effects of Kava Kava or might have a negative effect. I can say that I have used L-Theanine, Kava Kava, Caffeine, L-Tyrosine, and DMAE with the usage of racetams. I did not experience any adverse outcomes or anything close to negative. I believe the racetams can be used with any supplement or herbs without any adverse reactions.

However, I have used Piracetam and Aniracetam with the use of Adderall and did not experience any adverse effects either. The Racetams actually heightened my focus, alertness, and concentration with the use of the prescription Adderall. It's just a shame that my body reacts to the Adderall much differently than most people (this is even @ 10mg per usage =\)