ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-04, 12:49 AM
Forum Guru

cameron has a spectacular aura aboutcameron has a spectacular aura about
Does anyone know what the latest ADHD statistics?

statistics are for how many Adults are ADD? I hear a lot of different numbers....3 percent, 10 percent... I know its very hard to put forth an actual accurate number, I was just courious if any has info on the latest data.
Old 11-11-04, 12:50 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,318 Times in 1,328 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute
Estimated number of adults in the United States is about 3%, including both diagnosed and projected undiagnosed.
Old 11-11-04, 02:44 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

exeter is on a distinguished road
I'm assuming that 3% is just those who continue to have symptoms that affect them significantly enough to justify a "disorder." Otherwise, that number is inconsistent with most estimates of the incidence of ADHD in children.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-04, 04:47 AM

Garry has disabled reputation
Statistics are just the population or societys way of putting a number to something to quantify it.

there will be many people who go through there entire life never knowing that they fall into the catagory becuase they

in example have a job where they get paid reasonable, a partner who does the books or laundry so they dont have to worry about it and they make enough money that they can exist in society in there own little world and not know anything is different.

When I was making really good money years ago the ADD didn't bother me as I could afford to pay someone to do the things I didn't like to do and I got to play away to my hearts content

Then as situations changed , it was then I started to notice the difference and then when life started to catch up to me

I am ------------ ADD
Addaptable, Directed, Determined

Old 11-11-04, 09:10 AM

Stabile has a spectacular aura aboutStabile has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMiller
Estimated number of adults in the United States is about 3%, including both diagnosed and projected undiagnosed.
What's the source for this number?

"There is no normal life, Wyatt.
There's just life. Get on with it."