ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 05-02-12, 06:13 AM
Jr Member

migamiga is on a distinguished road
Modafinil (provigil) vs Adderall?

can someone comment on their experiences?

adderall/dexadrine are starting to lose their effect on me....they work in a way...........but I am moody..........and JUST AS EASILY can just SIT THERE doing nothing.............

This is really sad and I must find a solution. I SHOULD have ALL the motivation in the WORLD right now to study for exams, etc...and prepare for my future...

can someone help?

If someone is willing, we can chat offline. I can't afford to see my shrink more than once every 3 months (which is required).

I"m up to at least 30mg of Adderall or dexadrine a day....i could take more if I wanted...perhaps I need to.......... I don't know anymore
Old 05-02-12, 06:28 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 16,241 Times in 7,328 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Modafinil (provigil) vs Adderall?

Well which med are you supposed to be taking? Adderall, dexedrine or both?

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-02-12, 06:44 AM
Jr Member

Either.. Currently adderall but i can get deadline anytime... Really my call.
Lately she wanted to prescribe me anti anxiety meds like welbutrin but i chickened out and didn't fill my prescription.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-12, 09:49 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 16,241 Times in 7,328 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

For me dexedrine made me chill and want to hang around all day. Adderall has been better although my dose is on the higher end.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-02-12, 04:14 PM
Contributor

oneup is just really niceoneup is just really niceoneup is just really niceoneup is just really nice

Anxiety can make it so your meds don't seem to work...I had to cut out the caffeine before I saw any benefit from adderall. I still drink coffee, just less. But IDK, you don't seem anxious from your post, more frustrated.

I've tried nuvigil, its like provigil, and it sucks...

Do you notice any difference between dex and adderall miga?
Old 05-02-12, 07:33 PM
Jr Member

Yes I do. Adderral used to have more of a kick in the pants effect....And it still does.....but it's more likely to make me feel good and make me just listen to music........ Dexedrine is more smooth but I think I tend to take it more when I actually need to get stuff done......because if I take enough of it, I feel very uncomfortable and uneasy.....like I have very little time left on Earth....lol. Even then I get so distracted, I am pretty anxious due to loads of pressure/stress....And my fear of failure is causing me to sit there and actually fail because I don't give myself a chance to study the bare minimum even! Ridiculous. These meds have kinda taken away what little discipline/will-power I had......

I was prescribed wellbutrin and celexa but am too afraid to fill it... Especially b/c of negative sexual side effects.

What don't you like about modafinil(provigil) ....from what ive read it's supposed to be like adder all without the jitteriness and addictive properties. It is even said to increase memory!

Unfortunately I realized a very significant fact about myself. I've never tried really really hard at anything before. It's like I don't even know what it's like to give my full effort. (to study). The only thing I've forced myself to do is cram for exams..and not even give myself enough time left to study the minimum basics......

I envy those who have learned the value of doing hard work. I just gotta JUST DO IT. Much easier said than done.

I take probably around 30mg on most days. Usually 15 and then another 15. Sometimes less sometimes a little more...... Should i try more? I've tried 30 mg at once but that for sure gets me pretty euphoric (for a short while) and want to listen to trance music...

Last edited by migamiga; 05-02-12 at 07:50 PM..
Old 05-02-12, 07:34 PM

jjwalters is on a distinguished road

Just like oneup said 'nuvigil, its like provigil, and it sucks...'

Maybe you can take one in the am, and then one after lunch, that helped me out for a long time until I built up a tolerence to it.

It's possible to take Wellbutrin and Adderal at the same time. They work differently, and sometimes better, together.
Old 05-02-12, 07:49 PM

jjwalters is on a distinguished road

I was prescribed wellbutrin and celexa but am too afraid to fill it... Especially b/c of negative sexual side effects.

----Wellbutrin for me has awesome sexual side efffects.----

What don't you like about modafinil(provigil) ....from what ive read it's supposed to be like adder all without the jitteriness and addictive properties. It is even said to increase memory!

----I take back what I said in my last post. If Adderal makes you jittery and you don't need the stims, maybe Provigil WOULD work for you------

Unfortunately I realized a very significant fact about myself. I've never tried really really hard at anything before. It's like I don't even know what it's like to give my full effort. (to study). The only thing I've forced myself to do is cram for exams..and not even give myself enough time left to study the minimum basics......

I envy those who have learned the value of doing hard work. I just gotta JUST DO IT. Much easier said than done.

---------- I agree, and those are common symptoms of ADD-----------
Old 05-02-12, 07:53 PM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by migamiga View Post
Yes I do. Adderral used to have more of a kick in the pants effect....And it still does.....but it's more likely to make me feel good and make me just listen to music........ Dexedrine is more smooth but I think I tend to take it more when I actually need to get stuff done......because if I take enough of it, I feel very uncomfortable and uneasy.....like I have very little time left on Earth....lol. Even then I get so distracted, I am pretty anxious due to loads of pressure/stress....And my fear of failure is causing me to sit there and actually fail because I don't give myself a chance to study the bare minimum even! Ridiculous. These meds have kinda taken away what little discipline/will-power I had......

I take probably around 30mg on most days. Usually 15 and then another 15. Sometimes less sometimes a little more...... Should i try more? I've tried 30 mg at once but that for sure gets me pretty euphoric (for a short while) and want to listen to trance music...
Clarification I get distracted because my mind constantly looks for escape...easier path... So I have always tended to quit stuff like classes, music instruments, etc. And constantly look at pointless stuff I'm into on the Internet.

I see (about wellbutrin). I might try it then. Someone just pmed me saying that it seems like maybe provigil would be better for me because I don't need stims it appears like. What do you all think? Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-12, 07:55 PM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwalters View Post

----Wellbutrin for me has awesome sexual side efffects.----

----I take back what I said in my last post. If Adderal makes you jittery and you don't need the stims, maybe Provigil WOULD work for you------

---------- I agree, and those are common symptoms of ADD-----------
Ah I see.. Well it makes me more antsy maybe not jittery..... Palms sweaty, etc. can kinda feel your heartbeat. I am not sensitive to caffeine either....I can drink loads and loads of coffee and alcohol as well.. Strong heart I guess...?

Definitely makers me feel wired. I don't know about shaky though..
Old 05-02-12, 08:02 PM
Jr Member

Come to think of it... 15-20g of Dexedrine makes me feel kinda like I've drunk a lot of really strong coffee....
Old 05-02-12, 08:12 PM
Jr Member

I have a bio degree (worthless)....but this study looks pretty legit. http://www.gwern.net/docs/2004-mueller.pdf
Old 05-02-12, 09:12 PM
Jr Member

What I meant to say is that the degree has proven pretty useless to me
Old 05-03-12, 01:27 AM
Jr Member

My shrink is saying modafinil is ridiculously expensive... Is this true? Is there a Generic version? I thought modafinil is generic version of provigil
Old 05-03-12, 02:43 AM
Contributor

oneup is just really niceoneup is just really niceoneup is just really niceoneup is just really nice

super $$$$$ for basically caffeine pills

that was the effect I noticed anyways, same as a 200mg pill of caffeine, less jittery but more irritable