ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 05-03-12, 06:19 PM

wonderboy is on a distinguished road
Cool Sandoz Adderall IR - Lactose Monohydrate

I have been a tried and true user of the Teva/Barr generic Adderall IR until I read excellent reviews of Sandoz: its consistency, efficacy...simply better; so I switched.

I must say that I am profoundly dissatisfied with Sandoz; it is like a night and day difference, and feels the same to me as Corepharma: having a very weak effect.

I know the + - 25 percent variance the FDA allows generics (and by the way...the FDA doesn't invariably check them itself, it usually just "trusts" the data/tests these honorable companies provide to them.

But, for me, I honestly do not think this is the issue, though it could be.

Conversely, it is the only generic Adderall IR to contain lactose, and I am intolerant to lactose. Moreover, I believe, pharmalogically, that people who are like me will (or rather, might) experience a lack of efficacy;
a "weaker" feeling to the medication because of absorption/digestion problems.

Perhaps someone with more pharmacology experience (or anyone with a similar experience) could comment.

Thanks!!!
Old 05-04-12, 12:24 AM

wonderboy is on a distinguished road
Re: Sandoz Adderall IR - Lactose Monohydrate

Or, has anyone experienced a "weaker" effect with Sandoz regardless if you are lactose intolerant
Old 05-04-12, 04:24 AM
Contributor

AddYourAll is a jewel in the roughAddYourAll is a jewel in the roughAddYourAll is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
Or, has anyone experienced a "weaker" effect with Sandoz regardless if you are lactose intolerant
i drink milk, so obviously not intolerent but barr teva is what adderall is supposed to be, it gets my brain and neurotransmitters firing, gives me motovation, love it and need it, those other 2 sissy pillz are faggy
i'm homosexual, so i can say faggy
The Following User Says Thank You to AddYourAll For This Useful Post:
jiffyPOP (05-07-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-12, 03:29 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 17,141 Times in 7,733 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Ir isnt for you? All of the adderall xr generics are made by shire.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-05-12, 04:39 PM

qabab1 is on a distinguished road

Hmmm it's certainly possible, if you're not able to break down or dissolve the lactose, that would result in much less of the drug being released. Have you tried taking lactase before, or even mixing the IR with lactase and then consuming it? That might work.