ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 11-13-04, 10:30 AM
Jr Member

kitty#1 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Female with ADD/ADHD missed periods on Strattera

hi i know that i am not a woman yet, im still a young girl, 15, and i have only started straterra like 2 1/2 months ago and i have missed both of my periods, and i am a virgin so i cant be pregnant, is this supposed to happen?
Old 11-13-04, 11:27 AM
Forum ADDvocate

charlie is on a distinguished road
Hi kitty,
I don't take ADD meds myself but I've found this info from searching "Strattera" on Google

If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:

Changes in menstrual cycle (periods) *********

The following from Strattera's clinical trials:

Percentage of patients reporting event N=269

Menses delayed %2
Mestrual delayed %2
Menstruation irregular %2

To me that would mean it's possible this is Strattera related (trials were for up to 10 weeks) and I would call my Dr regarding this. Your Dr might change you to a different RX or ask if you'd like to 'wait and see', either way I'd call.

Best of luck to you!

avatar= Carol Kane Angel :Scrooged

Old 11-13-04, 11:29 AM
Jr Member

thanky you, i will do that
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-04, 12:16 PM
Jr Member

amymoe is on a distinguished road
Red face

Hey Kitty,

also stopped having my period after taking Straterra. I have been on it for a while now and still no period. I plan to talk to my Dr. about it soon. I let you know what she sais. I have had no major problems at tis point. I would suggest you talk to your Dr. about it.
Good Luck
Amy
Old 11-13-04, 12:54 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
Kitty,

I agree with what the ladies have adviced you to do. Your doctor may choose to do nothing or choose to change your med and there is always putting you on birth control to regulate your cycle. I was on birth control by the time I was 13 to regulate mine.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 11-13-04, 07:39 PM
Jr Member

thanks...it doesnt really bother me that i dont get my period cause i can do more things and i cry when im on my period cause it makes me feel stupid and makes me not wanna get up and move.
Old 11-14-04, 11:28 AM

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty#1
thanks...it doesnt really bother me that i dont get my period cause i can do more things and i cry when im on my period cause it makes me feel stupid and makes me not wanna get up and move.
Welcome to Womanhood. I've always wished there was a switch so that you could flip it off when you were done having babies. I'm done already!!!! My daughter has informed me that she simply won't let her body do that!! Yea! child you go on with yer bad self. Wait!! never mind the only way I know to stop it is to be pregnant and I won't be wanting to see her pregnant for at least another 18 years...I'd like to see her established in college and married if at all possible-pleads learn from mommy's mistakes not that having my children was a mistake but not waiting until I was finished with nursing school and married was.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 11-14-04, 04:51 PM

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
How long ago did you get your 1st period?