ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-12, 11:32 AM

Damanta is on a distinguished road
Talking Introducing Myself!

Hello! I'm Dee.

Im 27 and was diagnosed with ADHD when I was about 13. All the Doctors promised my mom I would grow out of it and that Ritalin would make me normal.... well.... I certainly did not grow out of it (i may have actually gotten worse over the years) and Ritalin did not turn out to be the miracle drug they had promised my mom.... i went through the gambit of doctors, meds and shrinks for the following decade. I have lived with my Attention Difference unmedicated for about 5 yrs and recently had to go back on my Concerta due to school and some severe issues with my relationship that my impulsiveness and irrational swinging were clearly causing.

I am a Mom of the worlds greatest kids aged 6, 4 and 2

I also have an 11 yr old son who inherited my love for Shiny Stuff He's my greatest ally In him I see what everyone seen when I was a kid and I can realize that I wasn't all that bad... When my parents tell me that "OMG Nick is just like you when you were a kid!!!" I can tell them Thank you, Because Nick is one amazing freakin' kid.... and in me he can see that life doesnt stop, slow or alter because you live with an imbalance.

I am a Harm Reductions and Addictions outreach worker by trade and I am in college right now for Community Services.

I have the most wonderfully understanding boyfriend, he has dealt with all the craziness with a smile.

and thats me in a Nutshell. I look forward to getting to know you all much better

Dee XoXo
Old 05-26-12, 12:23 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,913 Times in 7,988 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Introducing Myself!

Welcome to the forums.
Old 05-26-12, 12:37 PM

Thanked 12,146 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forums!

"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-12, 12:41 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Ganjin has a brilliant futureGanjin has a brilliant futureGanjin has a brilliant futureGanjin has a brilliant futureGanjin has a brilliant futureGanjin has a brilliant futureGanjin has a brilliant futureGanjin has a brilliant futureGanjin has a brilliant futureGanjin has a brilliant futureGanjin has a brilliant future

Bienvenidos. Welcome.

The mind is a monkey.
- another unknown zen master -

Old 05-26-12, 01:06 PM

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,471 Posts
silivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! That's great how your son can see there is life past adolescence and ADHD ^_^

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 05-26-12, 01:34 PM

Thanked 2,386 Times in 1,325 Posts
TheChemicals has disabled reputation

hi hi