ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Ritalin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ritalin (methylphenidate)

Old 11-18-04, 02:23 AM

dave87g is on a distinguished road
Question new here.... new to ritalin..... quick question??

i am 21 and was recently diagnosed w/ adhd. i am taking methylin e.r. 20 mg twice a day. i have been taking it for just over a week, and i have started to feel a slight feeling of pressure just under the sternum. it isn't deathly painful but it is annoying. i have also been burping a lot. when i do it slightly relieves the pressure but not completely. Is this normal? is there anything i can do about it?
Old 11-18-04, 11:06 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Gregster has a spectacular aura aboutGregster has a spectacular aura about
It sounds like a little bit of stomach upset to me - given the "pressure" is relieved when you burp. Ritalin sometimes does this. Stimulants often dry your mouth & throat so you may feel that as well - could it be that you are swallowing more often, perhaps due to a dry mouth, and that's causing the burping? I'd mention this to your doctor, but you might also want to try to drink lots of water and see if that helps?
Old 11-19-04, 12:03 AM

dave87g is on a distinguished road
i hope thats all it is.... i feel a little better today. it is really making a difference so i would hate to have to stop taking it. the only other thing that is a little annoying is the fact that it makes me feel a little achy / weak, shoulders, neck arms etc..... i have a follow up appt. at the doc on monday so i am gonna ask him about it. i figured it would be good to get info from people who take it first.
Sponsored Links