ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 05-28-12, 04:53 PM

FlamesCreateUs is on a distinguished road
Question How to get my boyfriend back..

My boyfriend of nearly two years has add, in the beginning we were amazing and he'd talk about his feelings, we moved in together and now I get nothing :/ what I'd like to know is how to get him to talk more, be more relaxed and really start being my boyfriend again.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.x
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesCreateUs For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (05-28-12)
Old 05-28-12, 06:52 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 7,534 Times in 3,012 Posts
salleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to get my boyfriend back..

while I understand that you have a problem, and many of us have trouble with long posts .....I know I would need a leeeetle more info on what's going on before I would venture any words of advise .....

you sound young ....are you in your 20s? .....and how long have you lived together ? ......and other than that, ( moving in together) are there any other big changes that have gone on in your life? or his? ...new jobs? ....finishing school ? ...that sort of thing .....

and most important, does he get treatment for his adhd ? .....as in right now .....

........If you make it to age 50 without growing up, you don't have to ......

.....After all, the business of life is the acquisition of memories....in the end, that's all we have .....Words of wisdom by the Downton Abbeys' butler
Old 05-29-12, 01:00 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,330 Times in 1,907 Posts
Bluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond repute

The main thing is to be relaxed around him, be open to him, let it be known that you are there if and when he wants to talk. Trying to force people to be more open only has the opposite effect. It will make him more closed. Try not to comment on what he says. Try to just listen and let him know you hear him. Sometimes people just want to share.
Old 05-29-12, 01:36 PM
Jr Member

2sad4j is on a distinguished road

if the add is untreated then u may be in for a rough road i was in this situaton i wondered where that nice guy went i m a non add lady who has ex with untreated add along with other problems iam sad i had to leave him i loved him very much......
Old 05-29-12, 05:21 PM

FlamesCreateUs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by salleh View Post
while I understand that you have a problem, and many of us have trouble with long posts .....I know I would need a leeeetle more info on what's going on before I would venture any words of advise .....

you sound young ....are you in your 20s? .....and how long have you lived together ? ......and other than that, ( moving in together) are there any other big changes that have gone on in your life? or his? ...new jobs? ....finishing school ? ...that sort of thing .....

and most important, does he get treatment for his adhd ? .....as in right now .....
I'm actually eighteen, we both are. We've been together for two years and had quite a rocky time. When I met him(both just 16) he didn't live with his mum. He was with I guess a foster parent. His anger had led to his mum throwing him out. After six months I had issues at home also got kicked out and we decided to create our own home together. So we've lived together a year. He started working full time. I know he hates it :/ which upsets me but I work too which is nessecary for us to afford our new lifestyle. He quit collie ge to work and I think he in a way blames me :/ and I totally get that. He's not getting treated at the moment for his add but has in the past.. I try tell him I think he should go to the doctors just to see if they could do anything yano, I'm not forcing him just kinda, advising him.. But he says it's not a problem and I'm making something out of nothing. But after reading a few threads and stickies on here, I know he's in denial... I just feel so helpless cos I have no idea what to do.. I'm sick of pointless arguments which always lead to 'do you even care about me' 'don't you want me around'.. I can feel him trying to reach out in all the wrong ways. I just want to help him and make sure he's happy..

Sorry for the totally long message<3