ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Wellbutrin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Wellbutrin (bupropion hcl)

Old 06-11-12, 11:12 AM

Byward is on a distinguished road
Rash developing 10 weeks after starting Wellbutrin. Possible connection?

Greets,

I have been taking Wellbutrin SR 300mg and Adderall XR 20mg for almost 3 months.

In the first few weeks, I experienced a few minor side effects, but when I talked to my doctor, I was reassured they were all normal (Dry mouth, reduced appetite, uneven sleeping patterns). I quickly learned to deal with all of these issues, and things have been working well since.

This morning, I woke up with what feel like hives on a couple patches of my body. I was warned by my doctor that rashes were a common side effect of Wellbutrin. Is it possible that this is related?

My instinct tells me that this far down the road, this rash must be caused by something else, but I want to cover all my basses just in case. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I would go to my doctor, but I am currently in Italy. If the rash continues to worsen, I will head to a hospital, but I don't want to waste a day there unless I have to.

Thanks guys,
Old 09-21-12, 06:55 PM
Contributor

noradd will become famous soon enough
Re: Rash developing 10 weeks after starting Wellbutrin. Possible connection?

Hi byward, what happened to the rash?