ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-12, 10:54 AM

marysgirl is on a distinguished road
New here too--need others to talk to!

Hello, Everyone!

I live in Portland, Oregon and I am in a fairly new relationship with a woman who has ADD. Although I am an RN and have worked in nursing for over 30 years and understand the medical side of ADD, I have had no experience living with someone with ADD. I am looking forward to meeting others here and would love to gain new knowledge from those of you experienced with dealing with a loved-one with ADD. Thank you in advance. I know I will be gaining some valuable information.
Old 06-20-12, 01:09 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,471 Posts
silivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New here too--need others to talk to!

Hi and welcome!

Your best bet is to dig through some of the articles on Adult ADHD (or even over in the kid's section, they are great articles as well!) and learn all you can about ADHD and how it effects the person w/ it, and those around them. The more you learn, the more you'll understand your girlfriend. It'll make life a LOT easier for both of you and, in the end, hopefully keep both parties from being resentful for no apparent reason.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to silivrentoliel For This Useful Post:
marysgirl (06-20-12)
Old 06-20-12, 01:11 PM

marysgirl is on a distinguished road

Thanks. That's what I am doing right now. Lots of great info. here. Thanks for responding.
Old 06-20-12, 01:57 PM

Thanked 12,146 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to forum~

"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi
Old 06-20-12, 02:51 PM

Thanked 8,346 Times in 3,313 Posts
salleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond repute

and there's a sub-forum set up for partners of ADHD people

....This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic lane"
Terry Pratchett

....If you're going through hell, ......keep going.....
Old 06-22-12, 12:06 PM

HappyWife is a glorious beacon of lightHappyWife is a glorious beacon of lightHappyWife is a glorious beacon of lightHappyWife is a glorious beacon of lightHappyWife is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome! I'm a non-adhd spouse and I've found loads of great information on these boards. While I find the non-add partner and relationships boards helpful, what is really invaluable is the information I find in the boards for men and women with ADHD. It's a great way to see things from my spouse's perspective and it helps me to change my behavior to adapt to the effects of ADHD and its impact on our relationship.

I hope you find the information and support you need here.