ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 06-26-12, 08:17 AM
Blitz Attack Moderator

Thanked 2,750 Times in 1,420 Posts
Raye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone tried Strattera/Abilify combo?

I'm on 60 mg of Strattera, just started abilify last night. Has anyone done this and have they had positive results?

*I've accomplished one of my dreams... I've been to both Oceans*
Old 06-26-12, 01:36 PM
ADDvanced Member

starrykitten will become famous soon enough
Re: Has anyone tried Strattera/Abilify combo?

How much abilify are you on? Do you take any other antidepressants/mood stabilizers? I don't often hear of abilify being taken by itself.

Are you concerned about anything in particular?

I take 10 mg of abilify (and a ton of other stuff). I have to try Strattera for insurance reasons (long story) so I think I'm about to test out this combo, but I don't think it will be for long. I'd say I'd let you know if anything funky happens, but I'm on so many other meds that it'd be hard to pinpoint the abilify.
The Following User Says Thank You to starrykitten For This Useful Post:
Raye (06-27-12)
Old 06-27-12, 06:25 AM
Blitz Attack Moderator

Thanked 2,750 Times in 1,420 Posts
Raye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Has anyone tried Strattera/Abilify combo?

He started me on 2mg of abilify. He said it would help my focus, and I read the medication guide- it's a mood stabilizer for many different disorders. Also if I read it right it says it can be added to an anti depressant as a booster.

I'm not on any other anti depressants, as the Straterra ( the right dosage for me) does everything great for me- smooth, mellow and clear headed all day long..no racing thoughts, I don't feel happy or sad, almost emotionless and flat, like I'm....comfortably numb on the inside. If you knew my history of depression, I've had this sick empty, 'it hurts to breath' feeling in the pit of my stomach my entire life, and when I hit 40 mg of Starterra that feeling was gone. So I'm quite OK with feeling numb after many years of feeling sick and sad on the inside, yet Straterra does not help me focus one bit. It works more as an anti depressant for me than an ADD med.

My concerns are... will it help me focus? If it does, I believe the Straterra/ abilify combo will be a good combo for me.

the only other meds I'm on are Librium to help taper off a benzo relapse, and nexium for acid reflux.

Those 2 meds aren't going to interfere with being able to tell if the abilify is working.

Your ins said you have to try Straterra? Maybe because it's a non stimulant?

*I've accomplished one of my dreams... I've been to both Oceans*
Sponsored Links