ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Visual Arts, Photography and Artwork
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Visual Arts, Photography and Artwork A place for ADD Forum members to showcase their creative photography and/or any 2-D and 3-D art in other mediums.

Old 07-03-12, 01:10 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,111 Posts
Crazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond repute
Wild Nature Photography

I have started up my own photography page on Facebook and I've put up some nature shots from my last camping trip which have turned out pretty good.

At the moment it's only a hobby and I use a very simple Olympus 14 megapixel camera but eventually I will aim to purchase a Nikon or a Canon DSLR camera and I will consider doing paid work when my photography skills improve.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wi...22544634504270

Selena
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crazygirl79 For This Useful Post:
danelady (12-10-12), Jynical (08-26-12)
Old 07-03-12, 02:20 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,333 Posts
CheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud of
Re: Wild Nature Photography

Cool cool!

I have a Canon Xsi. Photopgraphy is a very expensive hobby.

I have a few favorite books that got me started the right foot:

Understanding Exposure
John Shaw's Nature Photography
Scott Kelby's Digital Photography books 1 and 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CheekyMonkey For This Useful Post:
Crazygirl79 (07-03-12)
Old 07-03-12, 03:35 AM

Crazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that!!

I have a couple of books and a good eye for detail to help me out!!

I will have to save $$$ for a good DSLR camera.

Selena
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-12, 02:40 AM

Here is a youtube slideshow T and I created for some of the photos...

Selena
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crazygirl79 For This Useful Post:
danelady (12-10-12), Drewbacca (07-04-12)
Old 07-04-12, 02:48 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,259 Times in 2,929 Posts
Drewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyMonkey View Post
Photopgraphy is a very expensive hobby.
No kidding! I used to have a Nikon D70 but the p.o.s. had a relatively short shutter life. My camera died in under three years. So much for a new investment. I won't buy another DSLR unless I can afford a professional level camera, not one of their "prosumer" overpriced toys.

For now, I'm using a Canon Powershot s95 point&shoot which is great b/c I got it cheap when the new version came out, it has manual controls and a relatively fast lens (f 2.0).

I'll eventually pick up a few DSLRs but I want to have more than one so that I can just keep the same lens mounted for different purposes. When it costs $100 every time you need to get the camera cleaned, the expenses add up fast. Ideally, I'd have a portrait camera with a fast lens, an outdoor camera with a wide lens and decent zoom, and another camera with a fast lens set up for infrared photography... I love IR photography!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drewbacca For This Useful Post:
Crazygirl79 (07-04-12), danelady (12-10-12)
Old 07-04-12, 05:09 PM

Now that I work saving up $2000 for a proper DSLR camera shouldn't be as hard as it would have been before and I think that's what I'll do.

Selena
The Following User Says Thank You to Crazygirl79 For This Useful Post:
Drewbacca (07-04-12)
Old 07-05-12, 06:52 AM

Here is my second slideshow..

I took the pictures at Sandgate and Shorncliffe, both places have significance to me from when I was a child living in a childrens home back in the 1980's, there is no sound because I seriously could not think of an appropriate tune to put with this..

I hope you like them.

Selena
danelady (12-10-12)
Old 08-03-12, 02:32 AM

jobber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazygirl79 View Post
I have started up my own photography page on Facebook and I've put up some nature shots from my last camping trip which have turned out pretty good.

At the moment it's only a hobby and I use a very simple Olympus 14 megapixel camera but eventually I will aim to purchase a Nikon or a Canon DSLR camera and I will consider doing paid work when my photography skills improve.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wi...22544634504270

Selena
What started as a hobby for me ended up turning into my career. I am an under educated high school drop out who was working a dead end job in construction. Always had a strong fascination for cameras when i was a kid, it wasn't until my mid twenties that I figured out that I had creative eye. Completely self taught, I figured out enough to put together a small portfolio and honed my skills shooting red carpet events in Hollywood at night while working my construction job during the day to make ends meet and provide for my wife. In addition to working long hours at my construction job, I would spend 2 hours in the car each way, driving to Los Angeles from the small community I grew up in near San Diego. The hard work and sacrifices eventually paid off in spades. I was able to leave my dead end construction job and now make my living taking pictures of the rich and famous. Anyways, I hope you get as much enjoyment from this hobby as I have. Keep making pictures and stay inspired.
J
The Following User Says Thank You to jobber For This Useful Post:
danelady (12-10-12)
Old 08-26-12, 10:27 PM

Here is another video of the pics I took of my date with Tim...

I shall put up some more pics in the near future.

Selena
danelady (12-10-12)
Old 08-26-12, 10:47 PM
ADDvanced Member

Jynical has a spectacular aura aboutJynical has a spectacular aura about

Very, very cool!!

Photographer here too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jynical For This Useful Post:
Crazygirl79 (08-26-12), danelady (12-10-12)
Old 12-06-12, 08:18 AM
Jr Member

kaushalsingh is on a distinguished road

Nice shots!!!
As you yourself said you are not a professional so there is a lot for you to learn in this field.
Focus more next time while clicking pictures and learn some tips and techniques and you will be on right track to be a profeesional.
Best of luck
Old 12-06-12, 08:19 AM
Jr Member

kaushalsingh is on a distinguished road

Nice shots!!!
As you yourself said you are not a professional so there is a lot for you to learn in this field.
Focus more next time while clicking pictures and learn some tips and techniques and you will be on right track to be a profeesional.
Best of luck
Old 12-10-12, 12:04 PM

vanslem6 is on a distinguished road

No need to spend $2,000 on a camera body. Spend money on good lenses instead. I always suggest buying a used body. I know of far too many people that have dropped a giant wad of money on new gear, only to sell it at a loss, or have it collect dust in the closet. Camera bodies are like computers - they're outdates the day after they're released. Lenses on the other hand hold their value and never really "go bad." If you go Canon or Nikon, the market is flooded with used gear and people that know how to use it. That is just a suggestion I like to make. Anyhow, keep on shooting!
The Following User Says Thank You to vanslem6 For This Useful Post:
Crazygirl79 (12-21-12)
Old 01-12-13, 08:23 PM

Here are some of my Instagram and iPhone photos!! You will also see my beautiful 10 year old red tabby Garfield and my friend's white cat Casper in both sets of uploads!!
Old 01-12-13, 08:25 PM

Here are some more of my Instagram pics...I love Instagram lol