ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 07-16-12, 06:06 AM

tired tired is on a distinguished road
Awe+some news! New Adderall XR genenric manufacturer~ACTAVIS

According to the manufacturer's website and the FDA's:

ACTAVIS is now making generic Adderall XR

This is the first Adderall XR (generic) NOT made by the Original brand manufacturer of Adderall XR (Shire).

For you who do not know. Adderall XR brand is made by Shire

Before Actavis. All the generic forms of Adderall XR
were also made by shire. Shire makes the generics and distribute it to the other generic manufacturers (Teva, global,..etc.)

That gave shire the opportunity to:

1. Monopolize the market by increasing the price of adderall xr brand and generic (up to 5X its original price)

2. Reduce its effectiveness (opposed to when it first came out) Why?
So people will switch to VYVANSE (Shire anticipated new ADHD drug) where it still holds its patent with no competition what so ever from the other generic manufacturers.

3. That allowed Shire to "invent" the fake amphetamine shortage spreading the blame in all directions except Shire (who does not benefit, money-wise, from the shortage of adderall and the high availability of VYVANSE which is a total coincidence!!).

4. cut the supply of adderall XR to the other manufacturers by giving them one tenth of their contracts) meaning if shire was supposes to supply Teva with 1000 tablets of adderall xr generic. They only gave them 100 tablets and made up excuses (amp. shortage) for not being able to deliver the contracted amounts (which were forced on shire by the law suite against shire by (barr owned by Teva).

===========================================

But NOW, a new player in town. ACTAVIS is a respected pharma company all around the world except the US. It is trying to enter the US market generic market strong by delivering higher quality generic drugs.

I hope that their version of Adderall XR is much better which should because, unlike shire, they will benefit from making a good quality Adderall XR. Because of its huge potential for profit.

FDA PAGE SHOWING APPROVAL (look for Actavis on that approval page):
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/script...lyApprovalsAll

"Press releases
25 JUN 2012 / Product
Actavis Receives Approval of Generic Adderall XR CII in the US

http://www.actavis.com/en/media+cent...dderall+XR.htm

=====================================
If you want to call pharmacies to ask about this specific adderall xr manuf. by Actavis, below are the NDC numbers for all adderall xr doses made only by Actavis.

If you try the new generic made by actavis, please share your experience.

***Also, if you like it please try to request that your prescriptions for adderall xr filled by Actavis.

Because The more money they make, the more likely they will continue to manufacture a good product.

Also, they will have enough money to stand out for the expected dozen law suites from Shire. Shire is the party pooper when it comes to adderall and the adhd market.

Shire ruined a good treatment for ADHD. And scared away the good manufactures and paid them off. (example the deal with GSK to supress its manuf. of Dexedrine ER, until GSK sold the dexedrine brand to core pharma (dexedrine.com).
And we all know the pink generic adderall made by cor

Adderall XR made by actavis:

5 mg
NDC 0228-3062-11

10 mg
NDC 0228-3059-11

15 mg
NDC 0228-3063-11

20 mg
NDC 0228-3060-11

25 mg
NDC 0228-3064-11

30 mg
NDC 0228-3061-11

Sorry for the spelling errors. Late for work!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tired tired For This Useful Post:
NTIDntid (09-05-12), oneup (10-03-12), starry (01-11-13), stevepmd (04-22-14)
Old 07-16-12, 09:18 AM

Re: Awe+some news! New Adderall XR genenric manufacturer~ACTAVIS

Because adderall is so effective in treating ADHD (not all of course). And By shire making a huge mistake (raising the price of adderall 5 fold so people can not afford it and settle for vyvanse. Because of the price increase. So many companies want a piece of the action (recently a new company started manuf. adderall XR~please see my thread).

Adding to that Shire made a second mistake by making up "a shortage of adderall" leaving so much demand for adderall with shire holding the supply.

Companies rushed and rushing into getting approval from the FDA to make generics of adderall and adderall XR. Why?

1. Adderall IR and XR are not patented anymore. So anyone can make them without paying royalties.
2. Huge price of Adderall and XR (5X original price). And increasing after it lost patent (crazy!)

3. Huge demand for Adderall (the issue gained wide attention from the white house and the media).
4. There appeared to be not enough supply (or shire wanted us to think so) but companies know better (they know their own tricks) than that. They know that the active ingredients are cheap they and known from the 1930s. (Dexedrine) And adderall from the 50s (old name Obetrol to treat obesity).

So I hope that we are seeing the bad karma reversed direction and know getting back at Shire for making life miserable for so many people (yes, me included so I am biased).

I hope that the under the table tricks that shire used to push Vyvanse and Ruin adderall had the opposite effect. Where shire unknowingly, attracted more bees to manufacture adderall where they might now compete to make a better formulated adderall with the least side effects. Also make it cheaper like it should because it lost patent. I hope also that the infinite supply of Vyvanse rot at their storage facilities and pay so much money to neutralize it before dumping it in the trash where it should be. As Vyvanse is the worst medication that I ever took.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tired tired For This Useful Post:
oneup (10-03-12), starry (01-11-13)
Old 07-16-12, 12:54 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,269 Times in 14,935 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tired tired View Post
Because adderall is so effective in treating ADHD (not all of course). And By shire making a huge mistake (raising the price of adderall 5 fold so people can not afford it and settle for vyvanse. Because of the price increase. So many companies want a piece of the action (recently a new company started manuf. adderall XR~please see my thread).

Adding to that Shire made a second mistake by making up "a shortage of adderall" leaving so much demand for adderall with shire holding the supply.

Companies rushed and rushing into getting approval from the FDA to make generics of adderall and adderall XR. Why?

1. Adderall IR and XR are not patented anymore. So anyone can make them without paying royalties.
2. Huge price of Adderall and XR (5X original price). And increasing after it lost patent (crazy!)

3. Huge demand for Adderall (the issue gained wide attention from the white house and the media).
4. There appeared to be not enough supply (or shire wanted us to think so) but companies know better (they know their own tricks) than that. They know that the active ingredients are cheap they and known from the 1930s. (Dexedrine) And adderall from the 50s (old name Obetrol to treat obesity).

So I hope that we are seeing the bad karma reversed direction and know getting back at Shire for making life miserable for so many people (yes, me included so I am biased).

I hope that the under the table tricks that shire used to push Vyvanse and Ruin adderall had the opposite effect. Where shire unknowingly, attracted more bees to manufacture adderall where they might now compete to make a better formulated adderall with the least side effects. Also make it cheaper like it should because it lost patent. I hope also that the infinite supply of Vyvanse rot at their storage facilities and pay so much money to neutralize it before dumping it in the trash where it should be. As Vyvanse is the worst medication that I ever took.

I agree with you that this can be awesome news however I dont think the shortages can be attributed to shire alone. I think the next step will be quality. Is it equal to what shire manufacters? We shall see.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
NTIDntid (09-05-12), starry (01-11-13)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-12, 02:27 PM
ADDvanced Member

Chicchick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tired tired View Post

AGREED! That drug changed me so much... I was a zombie. This is exciting news!! Hopefully the quality of the generic will be much improved!

Meds: Wellbutrin, Adderall, Ritalin and Xanax as needed.
Supplements: L-Tyrosine, 5-HTP, Valerian, B-complex, Fish Oil, Ginseng and Ginkgo.
Old 07-16-12, 10:25 PM
ADDvanced Member

BalanceisKey is on a distinguished road

Niceee. Somewhere along the line i feel like adderal stopped effecting dopamine and became like a 99% adrenaline drug. I thought it was tolerance issues but i tried a small dose of focalin and got the dopamine benefits i use to get from adderal back when it was actually good qaulity. For people like me who need a raise of adrenaline and dopamine maybe this new adderal will provide it once again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BalanceisKey For This Useful Post:
purpleToes (07-16-12), starry (01-11-13), The Absent Mind (07-26-12)
Old 07-16-12, 10:34 PM
ADDvanced Member

ceebee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalanceisKey View Post
Niceee. Somewhere along the line i feel like adderal stopped effecting dopamine and became like a 99% adrenaline drug. I thought it was tolerance issues but i tried a small dose of focalin and got the dopamine benefits i use to get from adderal back when it was actually good qaulity. For people like me who need a raise of adrenaline and dopamine maybe this new adderal will provide it once again.
It is not "new adderall"

Disclaimer: I am not a physician. Any post or advice I give should in no way be considered medical advice. Consult a physician (MD or DO) with health/medication questions.
Old 07-16-12, 11:06 PM

It is not new adderall. But the generic adderall and brand IR and XR is nothing compared to the original formula. Both of them have less of the active angredients. and played with the delicate ratio of the 4 salts in adderall (which took so many years to perrfect).

Also they changed the anactive ingredients for adderall (IR) for both the brand and the generic made by barr. The new formulations uses sugar as the transporter of the drug into the blood stream. If you notice the new ones taste like candy and if you drop one drop of water on the tabs that is dissolves very fast.

before the original shire adderall IR (the one with AD stamped had sorbetol instead of the cheap sugar they use now. The result is very fast absorption upon adderall ir ingestion because the body loves sugar (it is the fastest way to reach the blood stream). like have glocose in ERs. But as a result. the rate of adderall in your blood stream goes very high very fast then drops even faster.

So you will hit a rate more than the optimum rate and feel like you took too much adderall even if kept the same dose. then one hour later will go down faster and feel like hungover if not worse. You know when you feel good again when it leaves your system.

Bottom line is for the lucky ones who tried the original adderall and knew what adderall is suppose to be and it used to that very well (treat adhd with minimum side effects) you know how adderall became far less effective than before.

So it is strange to say. that the generic made by actavis, I am very optimistic that it will be more effective that even the brand and most of the generic IR and XR who intentionally changed its formulation (yet still be legal) because they changed the innactive ingredients only.
So that Vyvanse will look more attractive to the new people who are diagnosed with ADHD. Many new ADHDers believe that adderall is overrated and many very much prefer not having adderall at all. than feeling like they drank too much cofee and caffiene pills) making their adhd symptoms worse.

Believe you me, adderall is the most effective adhd medication as it does treat wide range of adhd classes. has minimum side effects (or had). and had helped so many people, including me, turn their lives around as see the day that I was able to pass secondary school (where it was a chalange) all the way until i got my phd a week ago.
it is not adderall that made me smart. adderall made me normal and that felt so good that suddenly calmed the noise that i constantly hear and distract me and worried me making me move in all directions and at the same time finally not accomplishing anything. That silence was priceless, i also studpidly felt that a light bulb was following me around and constantly blinking.

When I was able to "to hear" the calm I was able to understand stuff that before it was so confusing that I called it funny german and gave up with anxiety of trying so hard than all people in the class yet, not understanding anything. hard for me to retain any info yet process them and have the confidance to understand them and gets a joy at seeing everything but this time the light is on and what I wonderful feeling that is. sorry, not 100% cured but if you do not understand what I am saying you should try to read what i had written 10 years ago!

Again sorry for flying away and just plain fly so far from the subject where alot of people do not need to know that and don't could not care less. I agree. but sucks for me to delete it (if admin think so then by all means)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tired tired For This Useful Post:
Raven Poe (02-18-14), starry (01-11-13), The Absent Mind (07-26-12)
Old 07-17-12, 08:26 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

JR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the rough

I hope their version of Adderall XR is comparable to brand. I can say from personal experience that their version of Klonopin is horrible. Nothing like brand. My gf agrees as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR1973 For This Useful Post:
ins0mn1AK (09-10-13), starry (01-11-13)
Old 07-17-12, 07:09 PM
ADDvanced Member

Content ID will become famous soon enough

The Approval for Actavis to manufacture this was made on June 22nd. Who knows when a Pharmacy actually has it in stock my guess is no one right now. Probably in August or September will Pharmacies see the Actavis Generic Adderall. To be honest as well, I don't really think that Shire could legally make the drug "less effective" the DEA has strict laws on stuff like that and this being a CII drug I think they would have hell of a time doing that.

With Adderall your Tolerance goes up over time. Someone pointed out earlier that they tried Focalin and the magical effects of a calm mind were back. I hate to break it to you but again over time tolerance goes up so effectiveness goes down. Focalin is made from "Dexmethylphenidate" which is different from Adderalls compound of Four Amphetamine Salts. So of course the Focalin would help your body has a low tolerance to it.

I know I sound a bit harsh in my posting, but people please remember there are official laws set into place to stop companies from doing what was said as in creating a fake shortage. In the past couple of years Adderall Prescriptions have gone up by 750% so of course there is a shortage lots of people are on it. Simple concepts of Economics plays role in this Huge Demand = Rise in price. You can't expect a drug to rise by that much of a margin them being shorted out of the chemicals to make it and stay at the same price can you?

Plus as said, if Shire was in it for 100% of the money you would think as the price on it is so high they would make it more available so more people can buy it, f they truly were making a faked shortage. Vyvanse is readily Available because it is made from only one Amphetamine called "Dextroamphetamine" Adderall has the four Amphetamines in it
-1/4 dextroamphetamine saccharate,
-1/4 dextroamphetamine sulfate,
-1/4 (racemic) amphetamine aspartate monohydrate,
-1/4 (racemic) amphetamine sulfate, USP

One of those ingredients up there is in shortage thus making it hard to manufacture you can't make a drug with a missing element. So without the necessary chemical no manufacture = Shortage.

Conclusion, Believe me I would LOVE to Blame Shire for this shortage and effectiveness of the medication, I spend hours and days each time trying to find a pharmacy to fill my script. Its easy to believe this thread as some people are desperate to get their scripts filled and working again. But please use some Logic in this and do some re-search into the laws that exist to protect against this sort of thing before making yourself sound crazy.
cattail (07-20-12), sarahsweets (07-17-12), starry (01-11-13)
Old 07-18-12, 07:36 PM
ADDvanced Member

lol at the people in here trying to sound like they know it all. Your rite man i guess you were also in the factory watching all the generics being made rite? Oh and the FDA is always 100% all over everything rite? They would def know if adderal was being made 10% less potent. I mean Adhd medicine is the Fda's top priority rite? Yeah.........
Anyone who feels the same way i do about the watered down adderal on the market these days knows.
Old 07-18-12, 07:40 PM
ADDvanced Member

As for the shortage being created on purpose i don't really believe that.
Old 07-18-12, 10:13 PM

I am sharing info just for the record, and also for the sake of speaking up knowing that some will attack right away, not respecting an opinion, and not test it or research it.
>>
So maybe at some point in time, the books were open. During that, some can not conclude that all consumers were too dumb to question themselves or too proud to find out that they flushed their money down the toilet.

It is much easier to shut somebody off than to listen or reason. I am not blaming shire because you are in a position to do something about it.
if in fact what I said is true.

Again, I am sharing info for the record. Without getting emotional about it. As science and capitalism do not achieve their optimum goals if emotions were evolved (think about it like conflict-of-interest).

I will ignore what comes out next because we will go from my goal which is speak my mind to pride taking over and move to "I am right and you are wrong" or "how dare you?”

Plus, "balance" is not never achievd
if the poll is in one direction. As a matter of fact the word "balance" will not mean anything. Because most likley the word "between" comes after the "balance".

I always expect it because it is so easy to judge people. Now the internet makes it even easier. >>
Pride (thinking that I am too smart to be fooled). >>
>>
1.Power of suggestion,>>
2. Laziness to see a doctor or a professional or read scientific papers >>
3. And the placebo effect.>>
The supplement industry can not survive without any of these three. >>
>>
Old 07-19-12, 12:30 AM

ADHDiscover is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing the info. It's definitely interesting and worth keeping an eye on. For me, after giving generic XR a chance, I'm going to switch back to brand. Even though the new company is claiming to produce a higher quality generic, I don't know if I can trust that yet.
Old 07-19-12, 08:16 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,269 Times in 14,935 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalanceisKey View Post
lol at the people in here trying to sound like they know it all. Your rite man i guess you were also in the factory watching all the generics being made rite? Oh and the FDA is always 100% all over everything rite? They would def know if adderal was being made 10% less potent. I mean Adhd medicine is the Fda's top priority rite? Yeah.........
Anyone who feels the same way i do about the watered down adderal on the market these days knows.
I dont know if anyone thinks they know it all, just personal experience.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 07-19-12, 09:02 AM

JamalJ is on a distinguished road

I still can't believe one company made the name brand as well as the generic of a drug.

Who did they bribe in washington to do that?