ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 11-30-04, 12:08 PM

pdgaitan is on a distinguished road
Cool Concerta Dose

Good morning all!

I have been looking for a forum like this for a while now, hopefully some of you will be able to answer a question I've been wanting to ask. I was diagnosed with ADD last year, and have been on Strattera (too many problems), Adderall XR (weird mental side effects), Ridalin (worked the best but peaked and vallyed) and finally Concerta. I've noticed as of late that I'm happy and playful in the mornings, then after I take my pills I become serious, almost sedate. I still have focus problems from time to time and lately I've been getting headaches.

I take 2 36mg pills a day and all my symptoms go away in the evenings and don't exist until I take my pills in the morning. Does this sound like my dosing is too high? Does weight play a role in that? I've recently lost 40 lbs and it wa about then I noticed this change.

I look forward to any advice you have!

Old 12-01-04, 03:58 PM
Forum Guru

smooch has disabled reputation
I'm not a doctor or pharmacist, but your side effects might have something to do with your weight/dosage ratio.

I recommend you contact your prescribing doctor **immediately** to report the symptoms. Let us know how things go!

Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light. (Author Unknown)
Old 12-09-04, 01:27 AM

axis591 is on a distinguished road
Parallel expieriences

I take 54 mg of Concerta in the morning, and 36 in the evening. I have gained weight overall during the past 2 years(on meds), but I still merely way 135. I share the expierience of being playful and energetic in the morning, then serious and sometimes sedate. I would much like to stay in that happy carefree mood sometimes, but I often remmember the downside to that. I was unable to commit myself to any task for more than a few minutes. As far as the headaches go, I get light, sometimes annoying headaches, from time to time, especially when I dont get enough sleep.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-05, 10:29 AM
Jr Member

T.Anonymous is on a distinguished road
I take 27 mg. concerta in the morning and have for a few months. I don't notice any mood change, but definately notice change in my focus. As for side effects, it is not uncommon that I get a pretty good headache about 11 hrs. into my dosage, but they leave as quickly as they come (20 min to 1/2 hr.) so I don't take any advil or asprin for them. I have lost some weight but but nothing drastic.
I recommend you speak w/ your physician regarding your dose and its side effects. My experience w/ concerta has been positive w/ minimal side effects, but as your dr. will tell you, everyone's system is different.