ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-25-12, 07:34 AM
tabz1067 tabz1067 is offline
Newbie
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tabz1067 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Masturbation Addiction. need help :(

I'm only 19 years old, so alot of people might think that this is normal...but its not.

I never use to watch porn, there was no point to. I don't enjoy sex, and to be fair i hardly even enjoy masturbation. When i masturbate i finish within seconds. the only enjoyable part is the orgasm. After orgasm i would feel calm, relaxed, and to be fair i am then so self content with myself that i couldn't care how far behind i am from my peers. It's like im happy just being a drift if i masturbate at least once a day.

I think there is a link between my addiction and my ADD because i usually only get urges to masturbate when im having trouble keeping concentration, if i fight it its a uphill battle, the harder i concentrate on what im reading the more intrusive my sexual thoughts/urges become. I've done quite abit of research, and i do workout at the gym so i hop on the bodybuilding site.

They have this thing going around called 'No fap' which is basically abstaining from masturbation for a long time, eg weeks and months. And alot of people are actually posting some good results from it. I began trying this over a year ago! and the longest run ive ever had was 5 days, its completely pathetic. Surprisingly enough in just a few days i already feel better more motivated and every single day i beat this obsession i feel like there is this tiny flame inside of me that increases. But even with all this one way or another i will succumb back to my old habbits the flood gates open, and i masturbate for the next couple of days as much as i can to 'catch up' almost.

Now this next chapter is after i've been diagnosed with my ADD. I've been taking ritalin and it does suppress the sexual urges. However there is also a bad downside. I usually get caught in the mornings before i take my ritalin that my urges are too strong i then relapse. I take my ritalin hoping it will kick in asap so these urges go away, but then a paradoxical effect happens. The scenario goes like this, i quickly take the ritalin, but the urges are too strong, so i do what is known as 'edging' this is where you masturbate without orgasm, i.e edge as close as you can to the point of no return then stoping, the resuming, then stoping. My addictive mind overides everything logical it will rationalise anything, to get closer and closer to orgasm.

I know in the back of my mind that edging always ends in failure, but i only have two choices edge, or masturbate to orgasm. I choose edging as this gives me a break from the intrusive urges to 'actually think' for myself. I run everything over my mind, all my goals ive set, but once the edging has begun there is no stoping. Back to the first time i took the ritalin and prayed to myself i could edge for 30mins so the ritalin could kick in.

However something happened, i was no longer feeling as if im about to tip over the ledge (ejaculate) but i was actually enjoying it. I had complete control over my arousal level i was now able to sit at comfortable level and enjoyed masturbating, my urge to reach orgasm was completely gone. Before this my ticker goes from 0-10 in seconds and im finished, any edging i do just keeps me seated at 9.99999 and its not enjoyable.

This is where it gets bad, after about 30mins my penis can't keep the hardness, so i go for something more stimulating like a photo, then more photos, then this leads to porn. i loved it all. I was able to watch full length porn vids for as long as the ritalin was in my system but as the ritalin wears off another problem arises. I want to reach orgasm my penis becomes rock hard again at a simple photo, no more porn at this point. I then face this uncomfortable feeling that if i orgasm everything starts from the beginning and the shame and anger kicks in because i failed for the 300th+ time.

My only solution is to take more ritalin as i can't just stop masturbating when your sitting on the edge or orgasm, this then turns into a vicious cycle where i would masturbate the entire day away, neglecting everything else including eating and drinking. The thing is if im going to feel lethargic, unmotivated, and completely foggy in my head after orgasm that took no more then 8seconds. Why not enjoy myself and take the ritalin and masturbate, because frankly if i masturbate without ritalin im not going to enjoy it and im going to be completely useless for the next 2 days with brain fog and have a complete desire to do nothing at all.

You may be thinking well you should stop taking the ritalin. For now i would have to disagree because if i take the ritalin it eliminates the sexual urges, it only becomes a problem if ive begun masturbating then proceed to take ritalin to prolong the inevitable. I really do feel like ive got a curse that blankets my potential, ive felt and experienced small glimpses of a better me and i want that so bad. Everyone around me thinks im depressed but actually i don't feel much emotion at all, any bit of emotion i feel for someone or anything in general is disintegrated by the next orgasm. Although im not dealing with heroin or any extreme substance but i feel the my habbits are indistinguishable from any other addiction and ive lost complete control.

Thank you so much for putting in the time to read this gigantic wall of text and i appreciate everyone of your comments.

Last edited by anonymouslyadd; 07-26-12 at 01:31 AM.. Reason: Paragraph breaks...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-25-12, 07:51 AM
sarahsweets's Avatar
sarahsweets sarahsweets is offline
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: nj, usa
Posts: 15,510
Thanks: 4,149
Thanked 16,841 Times in 7,613 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Masturbation Addiction. need help :(

Is it si wrong that its just once a day?Does it make your life unmanagable, and keep you from everyone in your life. I am not doubting you Im just wondering if maybe its more common at age 19 than you think.
__________________
Go **bleep** yourself**

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-25-12, 09:55 AM
tipoo's Avatar
tipoo tipoo is offline
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,800
Thanks: 661
Thanked 1,469 Times in 779 Posts
tipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant future
Re: Masturbation Addiction. need help :(

Masturbating once a day as a teen is completely normal. I'm a little confused as to what the problem is? Why do you want to quit a normal bodily function?

But if you are sure you want to, try this place for motivation, there's a growing movement online called nofap that tries to limit masturbation as much as possible.

http://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/
__________________
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #4  
Old 07-25-12, 10:12 AM
itsanADHDthing's Avatar
itsanADHDthing itsanADHDthing is offline
ADDvanced Forum Guru
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,011
Thanks: 626
Thanked 612 Times in 337 Posts
itsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud of
Re: Masturbation Addiction. need help :(

Jerkin it once a day is fine as long as it isn't cutting into your social life (ie skipping events to masturbate).

The 'no fap' when body building is a complete myth. The amount of protein you lose is very minor (1-5g) and it really has no effect on muscle mass.
__________________
This is not a link.

We may not be able to find our way out of a paper bag, but we can design nuclear sunglasses.

Everything can be a gift, depending on how you look at it.

You don't like me? That's funny, because I don't live to please you.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-25-12, 10:32 AM
Peripheral Peripheral is offline
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: City, State and/or Country
Posts: 8,248
Thanks: 1,656
Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,412 Posts
Peripheral has disabled reputation
Re: Masturbation Addiction. need help :(

Did you talk to your doctor?
__________________
________

I was born with slightly more hyperreactive (hypersensitive) emotional, homeostatic, and sensory unconditioned instinctual feelings.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-25-12, 11:10 AM
Insane Control Insane Control is offline
Jr Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Austin
Posts: 16
Thanks: 10
Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Insane Control has a spectacular aura aboutInsane Control has a spectacular aura about
Re: Masturbation Addiction. need help :(

I am impressed that you have the ability to speak out in regards to such a sensitive issue. I would like to first tell you that masturbation is completely normal and actually, if you abstain, it is bad for your prostate further in life if you do not release what you build up. After about a week, your sperm are in need of replacement. Sex is better, but masturbation is the close second. Your testosterone peeks in the a.m. and you are in puberty... if sex doesn't interest you; well, that is probably due to some traumatic event in your past or a fear you have unhealthily developed. Don't go to extremes to solve the problem... much of what society says is projection and insecurity. Trust your body and trust your instinct as long as it does not harm you or someone else physically... that is, only outside of self-preservation/defense.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-26-12, 01:27 AM
Plognark Plognark is offline
Contributor
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manchester, CT, USA
Posts: 435
Thanks: 369
Thanked 330 Times in 191 Posts
Plognark is a glorious beacon of lightPlognark is a glorious beacon of lightPlognark is a glorious beacon of lightPlognark is a glorious beacon of lightPlognark is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Masturbation Addiction. need help :(

Well, that first post was brutally honest and open, and I can't sleep from taking too much vyvanse today, so what the heck, I'll share too.

When I was your age, undiagnosed, there were days where I would beat off five times. I think I averaged 2-3 times a day even through my early 20s.

In my case it got to the unhealthy compulsion point; it wasn't fun or a release at all. I went through a lot of self loathing over my lack of control too.

Once a day is fine. It's actually healthy; releases a lot of neurotransmitters in the brain, and keeps the prostate healthy. Also, your system is going to keep burning protein to manufacture sperm regardless of what you do. They're pretty autonomous.

I would say clean the pipes first thing, then take the meds, so you don't get caught in a cycle that will consume your whole day. And the biggest thing is don't be so critical of yourself. We've got some odd biochemistry that makes impulse control extremely difficult. Trying to repress yourself for days and weeks on end is just going to make you miserable.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-26-12, 01:36 AM
Conman's Avatar
Conman Conman is offline
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: -_-
Posts: 7,849
Thanks: 1,685
Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,849 Posts
Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Masturbation Addiction. need help :(

i understand the 'no fap' period and trying not to jerk off. i myself struggle. i find that being on vacation with family for a while helped me to not do it, as well as staying away from porno. i think college will help me cuz i wont have much opportunity to do so. for you, i advise maybe putting locks on your computer for porn sites and type a blind password so you cant get back in.
__________________
“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”

-Hunter S. Thompson
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-26-12, 08:32 AM
G252013's Avatar
G252013 G252013 is offline
Contributor
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Death Star
Posts: 293
Thanks: 176
Thanked 110 Times in 97 Posts
G252013 is just really niceG252013 is just really niceG252013 is just really niceG252013 is just really nice
Re: Masturbation Addiction. need help :(

Don't take the beating off lightly. It's a vicious cycle and takes a while to recover from, less is more
__________________
King of IR Dexmethylphenidate

Focalin King: Original
Norepinephrine King


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to G252013 For This Useful Post:
Conman (07-26-12)
  #10  
Old 07-28-12, 04:44 PM
jiffyPOP's Avatar
jiffyPOP jiffyPOP is offline
Contributor
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 372
Thanks: 361
Thanked 287 Times in 165 Posts
jiffyPOP is a jewel in the roughjiffyPOP is a jewel in the roughjiffyPOP is a jewel in the rough
Re: Masturbation Addiction. need help :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabz1067 View Post

They have this thing going around called 'No fap' which is basically abstaining from masturbation for a long time, eg weeks and months. And alot of people are actually posting some good results from it. I began trying this over a year ago!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipoo View Post
But if you are sure you want to, try this place for motivation, there's a growing movement online called nofap that tries to limit masturbation as much as possible.

http://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/
Isn't this what he already stated he is trying? The no-fap term is associated with the reddit movement. It is called re-boot or no PMO in other places. A much better and more informative website is Gary Wilson's Your Brain On Porn website. I also recommend you Google Gary Wilson's TEDx talk, Glasgow 2012.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tabz1067 View Post
sitting on the edge or orgasm, this then turns into a vicious cycle where i would masturbate the entire day away, neglecting everything else including eating and drinking
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Is it si wrong that its just once a day?Does it make your life unmanagable, and keep you from everyone in your life. I am not doubting you Im just wondering if maybe its more common at age 19 than you think.
If he is not eating, drinking, and wasting "entire day away", then this is no just normal teenage masturbation.

I highly recommend everybody go research masturbation addiction. It is not like blowing ones nose or scratching an itch. Masturbation has serious effects on both the male brain and physiology for AT LEAST 7 days after release. Chronic masturbation ALSO CAUSES brain fog and mimics ADHD symptoms. this is all discussed, in high detail over at your brain on porn and in the Gary Wilson video.

__________________
"I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." Jerome K Jerome

[[[[[+++++------Dx ADD-PI------+++++]]]]]
[[[[[+++++------------Dyslexia------------+++++]]]]]
[[[[[Dextroamphetamine ER - Corepharma spansules 10mg x 2]]]]]
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-28-12, 04:54 PM
jiffyPOP's Avatar
jiffyPOP jiffyPOP is offline
Contributor
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 372
Thanks: 361
Thanked 287 Times in 165 Posts
jiffyPOP is a jewel in the roughjiffyPOP is a jewel in the roughjiffyPOP is a jewel in the rough
Re: Masturbation Addiction. need help :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plognark View Post
Once a day is fine. It's actually healthy; releases a lot of neurotransmitters in the brain, and keeps the prostate healthy.
Sorry, don't ewant to be rude, however this is just plain old bad advice. Edging for hours (this is what OP says he does) during masturbation will do damage to the prostrate. Hours upon hours of edging and wasting "the entire day away" IS NOT GOOD for the prostrate. And these "neuro trasmitters" you speak of? Can you even name a single one? There is a reason guys get grumpy and emotionally distant after orgasm. Men are also more likely to commit violence after orgasm. And it is due to the release of "neuo-transmitters". Huge mood swings occur after orgasm..again, this should not be treated as if blowing ones nose of scratching an itch.
__________________
"I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." Jerome K Jerome

[[[[[+++++------Dx ADD-PI------+++++]]]]]
[[[[[+++++------------Dyslexia------------+++++]]]]]
[[[[[Dextroamphetamine ER - Corepharma spansules 10mg x 2]]]]]
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-01-12, 05:44 PM
Lode12 Lode12 is offline
Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 25
Thanks: 1
Thanked 22 Times in 10 Posts
Lode12 has a spectacular aura aboutLode12 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Masturbation Addiction. need help :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffyPOP View Post
Sorry, don't ewant to be rude, however this is just plain old bad advice. Edging for hours (this is what OP says he does) during masturbation will do damage to the prostrate. Hours upon hours of edging and wasting "the entire day away" IS NOT GOOD for the prostrate. And these "neuro trasmitters" you speak of? Can you even name a single one? There is a reason guys get grumpy and emotionally distant after orgasm. Men are also more likely to commit violence after orgasm. And it is due to the release of "neuo-transmitters". Huge mood swings occur after orgasm..again, this should not be treated as if blowing ones nose of scratching an itch.
Please provide peer reviewed research that masturbation is bad for the prostate and that men are more likely to commit violence after orgasm or people will assume you just made it up.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-02-12, 03:08 AM
BoredWes BoredWes is offline
Member
 

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 79
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
BoredWes is on a distinguished road
Re: Masturbation Addiction. need help :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabz1067 View Post
I'm only 19 years old, so alot of people might think that this is normal...but its not.

I never use to watch porn, there was no point to. I don't enjoy sex, and to be fair i hardly even enjoy masturbation. When i masturbate i finish within seconds. the only enjoyable part is the orgasm. After orgasm i would feel calm, relaxed, and to be fair i am then so self content with myself that i couldn't care how far behind i am from my peers. It's like im happy just being a drift if i masturbate at least once a day.

I think there is a link between my addiction and my ADD because i usually only get urges to masturbate when im having trouble keeping concentration, if i fight it its a uphill battle, the harder i concentrate on what im reading the more intrusive my sexual thoughts/urges become. I've done quite abit of research, and i do workout at the gym so i hop on the bodybuilding site.

They have this thing going around called 'No fap' which is basically abstaining from masturbation for a long time, eg weeks and months. And alot of people are actually posting some good results from it. I began trying this over a year ago! and the longest run ive ever had was 5 days, its completely pathetic. Surprisingly enough in just a few days i already feel better more motivated and every single day i beat this obsession i feel like there is this tiny flame inside of me that increases. But even with all this one way or another i will succumb back to my old habbits the flood gates open, and i masturbate for the next couple of days as much as i can to 'catch up' almost.

Now this next chapter is after i've been diagnosed with my ADD. I've been taking ritalin and it does suppress the sexual urges. However there is also a bad downside. I usually get caught in the mornings before i take my ritalin that my urges are too strong i then relapse. I take my ritalin hoping it will kick in asap so these urges go away, but then a paradoxical effect happens. The scenario goes like this, i quickly take the ritalin, but the urges are too strong, so i do what is known as 'edging' this is where you masturbate without orgasm, i.e edge as close as you can to the point of no return then stoping, the resuming, then stoping. My addictive mind overides everything logical it will rationalise anything, to get closer and closer to orgasm.

I know in the back of my mind that edging always ends in failure, but i only have two choices edge, or masturbate to orgasm. I choose edging as this gives me a break from the intrusive urges to 'actually think' for myself. I run everything over my mind, all my goals ive set, but once the edging has begun there is no stoping. Back to the first time i took the ritalin and prayed to myself i could edge for 30mins so the ritalin could kick in.

However something happened, i was no longer feeling as if im about to tip over the ledge (ejaculate) but i was actually enjoying it. I had complete control over my arousal level i was now able to sit at comfortable level and enjoyed masturbating, my urge to reach orgasm was completely gone. Before this my ticker goes from 0-10 in seconds and im finished, any edging i do just keeps me seated at 9.99999 and its not enjoyable.

This is where it gets bad, after about 30mins my penis can't keep the hardness, so i go for something more stimulating like a photo, then more photos, then this leads to porn. i loved it all. I was able to watch full length porn vids for as long as the ritalin was in my system but as the ritalin wears off another problem arises. I want to reach orgasm my penis becomes rock hard again at a simple photo, no more porn at this point. I then face this uncomfortable feeling that if i orgasm everything starts from the beginning and the shame and anger kicks in because i failed for the 300th+ time.

My only solution is to take more ritalin as i can't just stop masturbating when your sitting on the edge or orgasm, this then turns into a vicious cycle where i would masturbate the entire day away, neglecting everything else including eating and drinking. The thing is if im going to feel lethargic, unmotivated, and completely foggy in my head after orgasm that took no more then 8seconds. Why not enjoy myself and take the ritalin and masturbate, because frankly if i masturbate without ritalin im not going to enjoy it and im going to be completely useless for the next 2 days with brain fog and have a complete desire to do nothing at all.

You may be thinking well you should stop taking the ritalin. For now i would have to disagree because if i take the ritalin it eliminates the sexual urges, it only becomes a problem if ive begun masturbating then proceed to take ritalin to prolong the inevitable. I really do feel like ive got a curse that blankets my potential, ive felt and experienced small glimpses of a better me and i want that so bad. Everyone around me thinks im depressed but actually i don't feel much emotion at all, any bit of emotion i feel for someone or anything in general is disintegrated by the next orgasm. Although im not dealing with heroin or any extreme substance but i feel the my habbits are indistinguishable from any other addiction and ive lost complete control.

Thank you so much for putting in the time to read this gigantic wall of text and i appreciate everyone of your comments.
I had a good friend in college prescribed ritalin who masterbated multiple times per day while watching multiple porns at once. He was pretty open about it and sometimes it would cause comical but unfortunate situations. One time our internet was out during one of his sessions and he got so frustrated that he drove 30 minutes (highway) to a adult store to buy a dvd and come back and finish. By the time he got back the internet was already up, but he still couldn't see his illogical behavior. Another time he was supposed to pick his girlfriend up at the airport but lost track of time.

anyway, that leads to my next point, do you ignore your responsibilities in order to masturbate? (e.g. call into work, don't go to sleep, cancel social obligations, etc).

Cause your other issue seems pretty common for men on adhd meds. Once I was diagnosed and started taking my meds I noticed a delayed orgasm effect during sex (sometimes not at all) or a decreased sensitivity which frustrated the hell out of me. Because of this I would go 2 or 3 rounds with my girlfriend to try and achieve the orgasm. She didn't mind at first, but having sex for an hour or two is really overrated (regardless what sting says). Before the meds I was a 10-15 minutes tops guy and way less than that when rubbing one out.



Anyway, it's ok to be concerned and seek help, because if you don't take control of your situation now it might spin out of control later.

Remember, most sex addictions are created by "opportunity" more than anything, so if you find yourself doing nothing because it's summer or because you have nothing to do then you should pick up some hobbies (flag football, volunteering, or a job if you're unemployed). If you have disposable income invest it or donate it to charity (do not go to strip clubs).

It gets a lot better once you go a period of time being in control.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-02-12, 04:23 AM
crhanso crhanso is offline
Newbie
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Billings
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
crhanso is on a distinguished road
Re: Masturbation Addiction. need help :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabz1067 View Post
I'm only 19 years old, so alot of people might think that this is normal...but its not.

My only solution is to take more ritalin as i can't just stop masturbating when your sitting on the edge or orgasm, this then turns into a vicious cycle where i would masturbate the entire day away, neglecting everything else including eating and drinking. The thing is if im going to feel lethargic, unmotivated, and completely foggy in my head after orgasm that took no more then 8seconds. Why not enjoy myself and take the ritalin and masturbate, because frankly if i masturbate without ritalin im not going to enjoy it and im going to be completely useless for the next 2 days with brain fog and have a complete desire to do nothing at all.

You may be thinking well you should stop taking the ritalin. For now i would have to disagree because if i take the ritalin it eliminates the sexual urges, it only becomes a problem if ive begun masturbating then proceed to take ritalin to prolong the inevitable. I really do feel like ive got a curse that blankets my potential, ive felt and experienced small glimpses of a better me and i want that so bad. Everyone around me thinks im depressed but actually i don't feel much emotion at all, any bit of emotion i feel for someone or anything in general is disintegrated by the next orgasm. Although im not dealing with heroin or any extreme substance but i feel the my habbits are indistinguishable from any other addiction and ive lost complete control.
Over all your post kind of confused me. At one point you talk about masturbating once a day then at another talk about masturbating an entire day away.

Feeling euphoric after masturbation is normal. However, this feeling should not be lasting as long as you say it does for you. Mine lasts about 5 minutes, 2 days is an extremely long time. It actually sounds like you have a medical problem that needs to be addressed.

Previously mentioned, stopping at the edge of orgasm is also an issue. I would advise against it.

You also mentioned body building. One thing I would advise against is using any drug illicit or not, that will increase your testosterone. Drugs that do this are often used in body building circles due to the fact they help with gaining and keeping muscle.

The smartest thing I believe anyone here can tell you is to discuss this with your doctor. While Ritalin may be helping you reduce your sexual urges, there is no research that Ritalin has any sexual effects. By talking to a doctor he can properly assess the problem and give you pills that are normally prescribed to help with and overactive sexual system.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-02-12, 05:34 PM
sunrunfun sunrunfun is offline
Newbie
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 2
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sunrunfun is on a distinguished road
Re: Masturbation Addiction. need help :(

Has anyone on here done the "No Fap", from what I read is the recommended 3 month period? What were the results, good or bad? Did it affect your ADHD, dose of medication, or anything else?

I've been on Adderall and Ritalin, each at different doses, and had the hyper-sexuality effects of both every time. Plus I've tried different techniques and medications to fight the ADHD to different effects. Over the last 10 years I've gone to 5 different therapists that just shrug it off like it's just another side effect. In my case it ruined friendships, relationships, careers, and just last semester after years of schooling I can say it caused me to fail my first class, ever. I can give examples of each case directly being affected, but then again I realize these are my own problems and hyper-sexual thoughts may not be the root of the problem.

I'm going to try it for the next 89 days (already started yesterday). Looking at what areas are affected and what chemicals are released I'm starting to wonder if this, and not the ADHD is what is causing memory problems, behavioral problems, and overall thinking. I don't see the harm in it, the only problem I see is whether I stick with it. Anybody else trying this or have any thoughts feel free to chime in.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is everything that is considered an addiction actually classified as an addiction? sarahsweets ADDiction & Substance Abuse 20 04-20-14 11:24 AM
Addiction caused my anhedonia Batman55 ADDiction & Substance Abuse 9 09-28-08 04:32 AM
addiction, serious problem? ADHD yupyup1128 ADDiction & Substance Abuse 56 08-24-05 10:31 AM
Prescription drug addiction causing crime increase Tara ADD News 0 10-14-04 01:18 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) 2003 - 2014 ADD Forums