ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-06-12, 10:46 AM
Meesha_love's Avatar
Meesha_love Meesha_love is offline
Jr Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: A lovely land of rainbows and dancing trees
Posts: 24
Thanks: 30
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Meesha_love is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Such a curious place with a wonderful assortment of variances

Hello everyone . I am very, very, exceptionally new to everything this forum is about. I, like many of you here, have displayed and performed idiosyncrasies to which have influenced and deterred the everyday workings of my life. My name is Melissa, but most people call me Meesha. You can call me what ever you like, alternate nicknames can lead to happy new imaginative personalities. I am not yet "fully" diagnosed with ADD, but I am on the very precipice of receiving this peg in a hole. hehe. My doctor is trying out some medications with me to see if the suspicions are correct and whether we should move forward with this reasoning. I find myself having difficulties truly fathoming what a diagnosis may mean for me. I have been doing my research and have found many commonalities between symptoms of the disease and myself. It's just somewhat hard to digest it all...I think some sugar would do the trick, don't you? In a way, it's so bittersweet. I would love to finally put a name to the differences I have between myself and other people. On the other hand, knowing brings a new set of challenges which I haven't yet fully explored. The point of this message though is I want to introduce myself and I would love to get to know a great many people here. Please do tell me your stories because I have a very fond affinity with them.
__________________
I have nothing particularly witty to profess, therefore I shall put up a wildly cute picture and show my complete adoration for all creatures of the cute kind.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Meesha_love For This Useful Post:
ONLY DESTROYER (08-18-12)
  #2  
Old 08-06-12, 11:45 AM
ginniebean's Avatar
ginniebean ginniebean is offline
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,780
Blog Entries: 27
Thanks: 22,940
Thanked 21,913 Times in 7,988 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Such a curious place with a wonderful assortment of variances

Adhd isn't a disease state, it's a disorder. I have to flutter off now, I have another post that requires my attention. oh, welcome to the forums!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (08-06-12), Unmanagable (08-12-12)
  #3  
Old 08-06-12, 11:56 AM
sarahsweets's Avatar
sarahsweets sarahsweets is offline
Mod-A-holic
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: nj, usa
Posts: 25,294
Thanks: 5,560
Thanked 29,556 Times in 13,428 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Such a curious place with a wonderful assortment of variances

welcome! sugar is not a subsitute for stimulants and a response to stimulants is not an idicator of adhd.
__________________
President of the No F's given society.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (08-06-12), Unmanagable (08-12-12)
Sponsored Links
  #4  
Old 08-06-12, 12:13 PM
mrzyphl mrzyphl is offline
ADDvanced Member
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ontari-ari-ari-o
Posts: 231
Thanks: 111
Thanked 200 Times in 104 Posts
mrzyphl is a jewel in the roughmrzyphl is a jewel in the roughmrzyphl is a jewel in the rough
Re: Such a curious place with a wonderful assortment of variances

Welcome Meesha, from your post it sounds like you could be a great contributor to the forums!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrzyphl For This Useful Post:
Meesha_love (08-16-12)
  #5  
Old 08-06-12, 01:40 PM
Ranmaru's Avatar
Ranmaru Ranmaru is offline
ADDvanced Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Philadelphia, USA
Posts: 184
Thanks: 13
Thanked 66 Times in 54 Posts
Ranmaru is on a distinguished road
Re: Such a curious place with a wonderful assortment of variances

Hey there welcome Meesha : D
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ranmaru For This Useful Post:
Meesha_love (08-16-12)
  #6  
Old 08-06-12, 01:53 PM
Fuzzy12's Avatar
Fuzzy12 Fuzzy12 is offline
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 18,744
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 30,901
Thanked 28,052 Times in 12,978 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Such a curious place with a wonderful assortment of variances

welcome to the forum i hope you'll get some answers soon. I can relate to just wanting to know what's wrong with you. And i love furry and cute creatures too
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-06-12, 02:44 PM
Meesha_love's Avatar
Meesha_love Meesha_love is offline
Jr Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: A lovely land of rainbows and dancing trees
Posts: 24
Thanks: 30
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Meesha_love is on a distinguished road
Re: Such a curious place with a wonderful assortment of variances

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginniebean View Post
Adhd isn't a disease state, it's a disorder. I have to flutter off now, I have another post that requires my attention. oh, welcome to the forums!
Hehe Disease state, Disorderly state ... I use them pretty interchangeably since either is an imbalance of some kind... be it chemical responses... too many cellular responses... not enough cellular responses... What ever way you wish to slice it sweet pea, labels forefront of a collection of symptoms and issues. Either can insinuate consistent monitoring, full recovery, no recovery, remission, medications...etc... My point being labels aren't the point
__________________
I have nothing particularly witty to profess, therefore I shall put up a wildly cute picture and show my complete adoration for all creatures of the cute kind.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-06-12, 02:48 PM
Meesha_love's Avatar
Meesha_love Meesha_love is offline
Jr Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: A lovely land of rainbows and dancing trees
Posts: 24
Thanks: 30
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Meesha_love is on a distinguished road
Re: Such a curious place with a wonderful assortment of variances

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
welcome! sugar is not a subsitute for stimulants and a response to stimulants is not an idicator of adhd.

Ah! Yes! Quite so! My sugar comment was merely a reference to Mary Poppins talking about the proverbial medicine going down better with sugar. The response to stimulants does have a factor, which I probably should have been more clear about, but there are a number of factors to my future of a diagnosis which I found not necessary to express at the moment. Mainly because they're not as fantastically ambiguous as what I had said
__________________
I have nothing particularly witty to profess, therefore I shall put up a wildly cute picture and show my complete adoration for all creatures of the cute kind.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-06-12, 02:50 PM
Meesha_love's Avatar
Meesha_love Meesha_love is offline
Jr Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: A lovely land of rainbows and dancing trees
Posts: 24
Thanks: 30
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Meesha_love is on a distinguished road
Re: Such a curious place with a wonderful assortment of variances

Why thank you! I hope so! I am very much infatuated with your poem. It's very lovely.
__________________
I have nothing particularly witty to profess, therefore I shall put up a wildly cute picture and show my complete adoration for all creatures of the cute kind.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-06-12, 02:57 PM
Meesha_love's Avatar
Meesha_love Meesha_love is offline
Jr Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: A lovely land of rainbows and dancing trees
Posts: 24
Thanks: 30
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Meesha_love is on a distinguished road
Re: Such a curious place with a wonderful assortment of variances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
welcome to the forum i hope you'll get some answers soon. I can relate to just wanting to know what's wrong with you. And i love furry and cute creatures too

Thank you much! Me too! I'm glad to know you can relate, but I empathize with the fact of you being able to do so as well. Yay! I am super happy to know you loves them too. I can not help but want to hug and snuggle and kiss their cute little faces. hehe
__________________
I have nothing particularly witty to profess, therefore I shall put up a wildly cute picture and show my complete adoration for all creatures of the cute kind.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-11-12, 11:26 PM
CheekyMonkey's Avatar
CheekyMonkey CheekyMonkey is offline
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,482
Thanks: 1,287
Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,333 Posts
CheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud of
Re: Such a curious place with a wonderful assortment of variances

Welcome!

Your siggy alone let's me know that you'll fit in here just fine.
__________________
O.W.L.

[0,0]
|)__)
---
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CheekyMonkey For This Useful Post:
Meesha_love (08-15-12)
  #12  
Old 08-11-12, 11:31 PM
ginniebean's Avatar
ginniebean ginniebean is offline
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,780
Blog Entries: 27
Thanks: 22,940
Thanked 21,913 Times in 7,988 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Such a curious place with a wonderful assortment of variances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meesha_love View Post
Hehe Disease state, Disorderly state ... I use them pretty interchangeably since either is an imbalance of some kind... be it chemical responses... too many cellular responses... not enough cellular responses... What ever way you wish to slice it sweet pea, labels forefront of a collection of symptoms and issues. Either can insinuate consistent monitoring, full recovery, no recovery, remission, medications...etc... My point being labels aren't the point
It has nothing to do with 'labels' it has everything to do with scientific accuracy. We're not sick, our brains are different. Just as we wouldn't call someone with a missing leg diseased.

Adhd has no cure therefore there is no 'recovery' there is maintenance and implementing strategy.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
Abi (08-16-12), Jynical (08-18-12), Retromancer (08-16-12), robonon (08-13-12), sarahsweets (08-12-12), Unmanagable (08-12-12)
  #13  
Old 08-12-12, 11:11 AM
rickymooston's Avatar
rickymooston rickymooston is offline
ADDvanced Contributor
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 694
Thanks: 368
Thanked 310 Times in 214 Posts
rickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nice
Re: Such a curious place with a wonderful assortment of variances

Meesha, a diagnosis, assuming ADHD is part of your problem will not mean anything; i.e., yiu are unchanged. All it might mean, is that yiu may understand yourself better and may find people fqcing some of the obsta les yiu do.

In short, you may find tools, techniques, possibly including medication to deal with you issues that need dealing.

If you turn out not to have it, then hopefully you will still find the causes.
__________________
Disclaimer: I've not been medicated. I know meds work for some ppl but not how well they work. By default my bias is to work with not against our nature. Do what works for you.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-15-12, 11:19 PM
Meesha_love's Avatar
Meesha_love Meesha_love is offline
Jr Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: A lovely land of rainbows and dancing trees
Posts: 24
Thanks: 30
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Meesha_love is on a distinguished road
Re: Such a curious place with a wonderful assortment of variances

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginniebean View Post
It has nothing to do with 'labels' it has everything to do with scientific accuracy. We're not sick, our brains are different. Just as we wouldn't call someone with a missing leg diseased.

Adhd has no cure therefore there is no 'recovery' there is maintenance and implementing strategy.
You really are a peach, aren't you? I guess I could see your point since there is a distinct possibility of connections being missed. However, to compare a missing appendage to a brain imbalance would be inaccurate since you aren't missing a part of your brain, at least you don't seem to be missing a piece. Buuuut, since you are so fixated on the word disease being inaccurate and did not get my light hearted humor on the matter, I shall concede and tell you it was the wrong choice of phrasing on my part. I apologize since it was not my intention to make you feel as though I believe you to be of the ill sort. I do have to point out how not every sickness has a cure, in fact many sicknesses do not have a cure. I never suggested there was a cure, but of course you already know since you read my response all the way through. One last thing, scientific accuracy isn't something irrevocable. I do, however, respect what is known at the moment, but I also respect the idea of what could be known in the future.
__________________
I have nothing particularly witty to profess, therefore I shall put up a wildly cute picture and show my complete adoration for all creatures of the cute kind.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-15-12, 11:29 PM
Meesha_love's Avatar
Meesha_love Meesha_love is offline
Jr Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: A lovely land of rainbows and dancing trees
Posts: 24
Thanks: 30
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Meesha_love is on a distinguished road
Re: Such a curious place with a wonderful assortment of variances

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickymooston View Post
Meesha, a diagnosis, assuming ADHD is part of your problem will not mean anything; i.e., yiu are unchanged. All it might mean, is that yiu may understand yourself better and may find people fqcing some of the obsta les yiu do.

In short, you may find tools, techniques, possibly including medication to deal with you issues that need dealing.

If you turn out not to have it, then hopefully you will still find the causes.
Yes, in a way I shall be unchanged. In other ways, my life will be changed. I am on medication, which has been working pretty effectively for me. The tools and techniques will more than likely come with time and the diagnosis. Thank you for your input.
__________________
I have nothing particularly witty to profess, therefore I shall put up a wildly cute picture and show my complete adoration for all creatures of the cute kind.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need this to be a safe place . . . amiegrace General ADD Talk 1 06-06-10 07:13 PM
Does Vyvanse make you feel out of place? ilost8dollars Vyvanse 4 05-10-10 10:58 AM
Feedback Important:This place a good place For? mhyper790 General ADD Talk 41 04-29-10 10:03 PM
Home from putting the 504 in place.. Spence's Mom Primary & Secondary Education 9 04-22-10 05:08 PM
ADHD "Its a wonderful life" addcoach5214 General ADD Talk 1 06-21-05 06:39 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) 2003 - 2015 ADD Forums