ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-12, 10:46 AM
Jr Member

Meesha_love is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Such a curious place with a wonderful assortment of variances

Hello everyone . I am very, very, exceptionally new to everything this forum is about. I, like many of you here, have displayed and performed idiosyncrasies to which have influenced and deterred the everyday workings of my life. My name is Melissa, but most people call me Meesha. You can call me what ever you like, alternate nicknames can lead to happy new imaginative personalities. I am not yet "fully" diagnosed with ADD, but I am on the very precipice of receiving this peg in a hole. hehe. My doctor is trying out some medications with me to see if the suspicions are correct and whether we should move forward with this reasoning. I find myself having difficulties truly fathoming what a diagnosis may mean for me. I have been doing my research and have found many commonalities between symptoms of the disease and myself. It's just somewhat hard to digest it all...I think some sugar would do the trick, don't you? In a way, it's so bittersweet. I would love to finally put a name to the differences I have between myself and other people. On the other hand, knowing brings a new set of challenges which I haven't yet fully explored. The point of this message though is I want to introduce myself and I would love to get to know a great many people here. Please do tell me your stories because I have a very fond affinity with them.
ONLY DESTROYER (08-18-12)
Old 08-06-12, 11:45 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,913 Times in 7,988 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Such a curious place with a wonderful assortment of variances

Adhd isn't a disease state, it's a disorder. I have to flutter off now, I have another post that requires my attention. oh, welcome to the forums!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (08-06-12), Unmanagable (08-12-12)
Old 08-06-12, 11:56 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,556 Times in 13,428 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

welcome! sugar is not a subsitute for stimulants and a response to stimulants is not an idicator of adhd.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (08-06-12), Unmanagable (08-12-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-12, 12:13 PM
ADDvanced Member

mrzyphl is a jewel in the roughmrzyphl is a jewel in the roughmrzyphl is a jewel in the rough

Welcome Meesha, from your post it sounds like you could be a great contributor to the forums!
The Following User Says Thank You to mrzyphl For This Useful Post:
Meesha_love (08-16-12)
Old 08-06-12, 01:40 PM
ADDvanced Member

Ranmaru is on a distinguished road

Hey there welcome Meesha : D
The Following User Says Thank You to Ranmaru For This Useful Post:
Meesha_love (08-16-12)
Old 08-06-12, 01:53 PM

Thanked 28,052 Times in 12,978 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the forum i hope you'll get some answers soon. I can relate to just wanting to know what's wrong with you. And i love furry and cute creatures too
Old 08-06-12, 02:44 PM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginniebean View Post
Adhd isn't a disease state, it's a disorder. I have to flutter off now, I have another post that requires my attention. oh, welcome to the forums!
Hehe Disease state, Disorderly state ... I use them pretty interchangeably since either is an imbalance of some kind... be it chemical responses... too many cellular responses... not enough cellular responses... What ever way you wish to slice it sweet pea, labels forefront of a collection of symptoms and issues. Either can insinuate consistent monitoring, full recovery, no recovery, remission, medications...etc... My point being labels aren't the point
Old 08-06-12, 02:48 PM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
welcome! sugar is not a subsitute for stimulants and a response to stimulants is not an idicator of adhd.

Ah! Yes! Quite so! My sugar comment was merely a reference to Mary Poppins talking about the proverbial medicine going down better with sugar. The response to stimulants does have a factor, which I probably should have been more clear about, but there are a number of factors to my future of a diagnosis which I found not necessary to express at the moment. Mainly because they're not as fantastically ambiguous as what I had said
Old 08-06-12, 02:50 PM
Jr Member

Why thank you! I hope so! I am very much infatuated with your poem. It's very lovely.
Old 08-06-12, 02:57 PM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
welcome to the forum i hope you'll get some answers soon. I can relate to just wanting to know what's wrong with you. And i love furry and cute creatures too

Thank you much! Me too! I'm glad to know you can relate, but I empathize with the fact of you being able to do so as well. Yay! I am super happy to know you loves them too. I can not help but want to hug and snuggle and kiss their cute little faces. hehe
Old 08-11-12, 11:26 PM

Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,333 Posts
CheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud of

Welcome!

Your siggy alone let's me know that you'll fit in here just fine.

[0,0]
|)__)
---
The Following User Says Thank You to CheekyMonkey For This Useful Post:
Meesha_love (08-15-12)
Old 08-11-12, 11:31 PM

Thanked 21,913 Times in 7,988 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meesha_love View Post
Hehe Disease state, Disorderly state ... I use them pretty interchangeably since either is an imbalance of some kind... be it chemical responses... too many cellular responses... not enough cellular responses... What ever way you wish to slice it sweet pea, labels forefront of a collection of symptoms and issues. Either can insinuate consistent monitoring, full recovery, no recovery, remission, medications...etc... My point being labels aren't the point
It has nothing to do with 'labels' it has everything to do with scientific accuracy. We're not sick, our brains are different. Just as we wouldn't call someone with a missing leg diseased.

Adhd has no cure therefore there is no 'recovery' there is maintenance and implementing strategy.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
Abi (08-16-12), Jynical (08-18-12), Retromancer (08-16-12), robonon (08-13-12), sarahsweets (08-12-12), Unmanagable (08-12-12)
Old 08-12-12, 11:11 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

rickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nice

Meesha, a diagnosis, assuming ADHD is part of your problem will not mean anything; i.e., yiu are unchanged. All it might mean, is that yiu may understand yourself better and may find people fqcing some of the obsta les yiu do.

In short, you may find tools, techniques, possibly including medication to deal with you issues that need dealing.

If you turn out not to have it, then hopefully you will still find the causes.
Old 08-15-12, 11:19 PM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginniebean View Post
It has nothing to do with 'labels' it has everything to do with scientific accuracy. We're not sick, our brains are different. Just as we wouldn't call someone with a missing leg diseased.

Adhd has no cure therefore there is no 'recovery' there is maintenance and implementing strategy.
You really are a peach, aren't you? I guess I could see your point since there is a distinct possibility of connections being missed. However, to compare a missing appendage to a brain imbalance would be inaccurate since you aren't missing a part of your brain, at least you don't seem to be missing a piece. Buuuut, since you are so fixated on the word disease being inaccurate and did not get my light hearted humor on the matter, I shall concede and tell you it was the wrong choice of phrasing on my part. I apologize since it was not my intention to make you feel as though I believe you to be of the ill sort. I do have to point out how not every sickness has a cure, in fact many sicknesses do not have a cure. I never suggested there was a cure, but of course you already know since you read my response all the way through. One last thing, scientific accuracy isn't something irrevocable. I do, however, respect what is known at the moment, but I also respect the idea of what could be known in the future.
Old 08-15-12, 11:29 PM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickymooston View Post
Meesha, a diagnosis, assuming ADHD is part of your problem will not mean anything; i.e., yiu are unchanged. All it might mean, is that yiu may understand yourself better and may find people fqcing some of the obsta les yiu do.

In short, you may find tools, techniques, possibly including medication to deal with you issues that need dealing.

If you turn out not to have it, then hopefully you will still find the causes.
Yes, in a way I shall be unchanged. In other ways, my life will be changed. I am on medication, which has been working pretty effectively for me. The tools and techniques will more than likely come with time and the diagnosis. Thank you for your input.