ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 08-19-12, 05:08 AM

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,485 Posts
Raye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond repute
Pdoc Visit and changing meds

So I posted in another section that on my last pdoc visit, I demanded that he lower my benzo dose. He had been wanting to put it off, wanting to get my depression under control before tapering off benzos. So I had to demand he lower it, as I want off the benzos for good. And he did, and I feel fine physically so far, no withdrawal symptoms... however...

The last 2 weeks my ADD med has seemed to cease working. I've been on Strattera for the last 4 months and it had calmed my mind very much. Yet the last 2 weeks my thoughts are being back to a bouncing pinball machine, I can't think straight and I'm more forgetful than ever. I feel like I do before I was diagnosed- a bumbling idiot, I can barely get up in the mornings on time, I have zero motivation for the most simple things.. Plus I feel more depressed than ever over it, but this time at least I know I have ADD as to where 6 months ago I had no clue what was wrong with me in my head.

There's really no explanation for it- nothing in my life has changed except i started a new job 5 days ago but the racing thoughts began again about 2 weeks ago.

So tomorrow I'm telling him I want my ADD med changed. Has anyone went from Strattera to a stimulant? Has it helped?

"Oh Happy Day"
-Tmoney-
The Following User Says Thank You to Raye For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (08-19-12)
Old 08-19-12, 06:39 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 27,774 Times in 12,460 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pdoc Visit and changing meds

The only people I know personally that have done well with strattera is when they've used it with a stimulant. Is your doctor open to your suggestions? Did he lower your benzo dose when you asked?

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (08-19-12)
Old 08-19-12, 09:19 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 22,951 Times in 10,584 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

My granddaughter took Strattera for over two years.

It also helped with her moods and staying calmer.

It didn't help with focus, so the p-doc added a small dose of Adderall.

She wanted to take a meds break over the summer,

and wasn't sure she wanted to go back on meds for the school year.

After talking with her therapist and case management team and p-doc,

she decided to take just Adderall for school this year.

She is 14, just starting her freshman year in high school.

So yes, if you like what Strattera does for you, the doctor may agree to add a stimulant med.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (08-19-12), sarahsweets (08-19-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-12, 02:05 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 17,515 Times in 7,316 Posts
Amtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond repute

Raye, some of what you're experiencing sounds an awful lot like benzo withdrawal. Just sayin'. . .