ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 08-20-12, 12:58 PM
Contributor

rockydaydreamer will become famous soon enough
I'm thinking of giving up on stimulants

I might give Strattera another try with some Bethanechol to help urinate, then if that doesn't help, I'm quitting on meds altogether. Why? I'm fed up with the side effects already... The Adderall makes me urinate too much (it's also partly because I have to drink more water). The Ritalin can make it hard to urinate sometimes (although I could just try Bethanechol with that too)... so it's like.. aaaahh! >_<

o.O
Old 08-20-12, 04:14 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,371 Times in 902 Posts
avjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I'm thinking of giving up on stimulants

Why do you drink more water on ADDerall? Is it because of dry mouth, or possible diuretic action of the ADDerall, or something else?

The Sympathetic Nervous System decreases salivation and constricts the internal urinary sphincter. Dexmethylphenidate should be better than Methylphenidate, and Dextroamphetamine should be better than ADDerall (because of the Levoamphetamine in ADDerall) as far as dry mouth, hard to pee, and physical anxiety goes.
Old 08-20-12, 08:28 PM
Contributor

rockydaydreamer will become famous soon enough
Re: I'm thinking of giving up on stimulants

I'm drinking more water because I think the reason my kidneys hurt the other day was because I didn't drink enough water.. maybe it wasn't that though

Another thing that I took was citicoline.. not sure if that had to do with it. I mention this in another thread:
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129944
Sponsored Links