ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-04, 01:39 PM

Alvin is on a distinguished road
Just a few words about me. I am 50 yrs old. I was told that I was ADD at 46 what a time of life to finally find out that yes, that there is something wrong. Boy what a relief to find out. But how to deal with it is another thing, right?

Common law wife left me in Jan of last yr and well been down hill some what for me.

I did not realized that this ADD can effect the way we think in terms of just day to day life. I was talking to shrink in Aug that stated that we as ADDers are sensation-seeking people, and I proved it when i just went ahead and did some thing that back fired, I got a sensation all right, boy was it the wrong thing to do.

I guess my question is the shrink right? your this just on of those moments that just happen.

It just seems that this has happenes a lot in my life.

Last edited by Andrew; 12-11-04 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: Clarified post.
Old 12-11-04, 02:23 PM
Forum ADDvocate

charlie is on a distinguished road
Alvin welcome to ADD forums.
If I'm reading your intro right I'm sorry you're having a tough time right now.

Are you still under a docs care or was your last visit in August?

I'm not 100% sure of your question about what your shrink mentioned to you.

Do you feel that your ADD symptoms causes you to act out impulsively?

this is what I read tell me if I'm wrong:

Just a few words about me I am 50 yr I was told that I was add at 46 what a time of life to finally find out that yes that there is some thing wrong boy what a relief to find. But how to deal with it is another thing right .
Common-law wife left me in Jan of last yr and well been down hill some what for me.
I did not realize that this add can affect the way we think in terms of just day to day life . I was talking to shrink in Aug that stated that we as adders are sensational seeking people, and I proved it when I just went ahead and did some thing that back fired, I got sensation all right boy was it the wrong thing to do.
I guess my question is the shrink right you’re just in one of those moments that just happen .
It just seems that this has happened a lot in my life

avatar= Carol Kane Angel :Scrooged

Old 12-11-04, 03:43 PM
The Guy Behind the Curtain

Thanked 1,860 Times in 552 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the ADD forums!

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-04, 12:36 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Draga has disabled reputation
Welcome to the Forums

Please do not think me cold, for I do want loving arms to hold, but I am so sick of being used and abused...If I die alone tomorrow I die unbruised.
Old 12-13-04, 05:53 AM

clawless has disabled reputation
Hello and welcome to the forum Alvin

The best inheritance a person can give to his children is a few minutes of his time each day -- O. A. Battista
Old 12-13-04, 05:46 PM

John is on a distinguished road
Alvin, I heard the same thing that ADDers are sensation seeking people. I'm also 50 and just recently diagnosed. The Doc told me that alot off ADDerss are drawn to a dangerous profession because they can focus good when things get rough. The calmest I've ever been has been when my live has been in serious danger. So I have to agree with that one. On the other hand ADDers (I'm told) seem to screw up our personal relationships. Got me again. But I'm also told prisons are full of ADDers and I managed to stay away from that except occational night here and there in my youth and hopefully you have to. How have you been dealing with your ADD in the last 4 years. You must of learned a thing or two? Well try to stay positive cause without dreams what ya got..just nightmares.
John
Old 01-15-05, 09:37 PM

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Welcome to ADD Forums!!!