ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Dexedrine/Dextrostat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Dexedrine/Dextrostat (dextroamphetamine)

Old 09-07-12, 06:21 PM
ADDvanced Member

Vito, ADDer has a spectacular aura aboutVito, ADDer has a spectacular aura about
Wilshire Pharmaceuticals Dextroamphetamine 5 mg. and 10 mg.

I have received the following message from Corinne Hogan of Wilshire Pharmaceuticals:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting Wilshire Pharmaceuticals regarding the availability of dextroamphetamine 5mg and 10mg.

Wilshire has recently launched dextroamphetamine into the US market and wanted to provide you with our distributors contact so that you may contact them for a pharmacy near you to fill your needs for dextroamphetamine.

If you want your local pharmacy to stock Wilshire Pharmaceuticals dextroamphetamine, please have your pharmacist contact ANDA Distribution at 1-800-331-2632 and ask for Pat Williams at extension 4433. This way we can help you obtain the product.

We hope this answers your concerns.

Corinne Hogan
Vice President Sales & Marketing
Wilshire Pharmaceuticals
(954) 614-3596
Their website is at wilshirerx.com, but it provides no information about the medication. I have requested more information, and I'll post whatever I receive in reply.

Last edited by peripatetic; 09-15-12 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: disabled link
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Vito, ADDer For This Useful Post:
ADDPanda (12-17-12), BR549 (11-30-12), bumblebe (09-07-12), dresser (01-05-13), Fresh Azmiz (09-18-12), Lotus_eyes (01-13-13), RoxyMusic (09-07-12), ww2Vet+dextabs (02-01-13)
Old 09-07-12, 06:59 PM
Forum ADDvocate

425runner has a spectacular aura about425runner has a spectacular aura about
Re: Wilshire Pharmaceuticals Dextroamphetamine 5 mg. and 10 mg.

I got the same email this morning. Wonder how they got my email address....weird
Old 09-07-12, 07:09 PM
ADDvanced Member

Vito, ADDer has a spectacular aura aboutVito, ADDer has a spectacular aura about

I was wondering that myself. Wilshire is located in Atlanta...same as Mikart. Mikart has never replied to any of my email inquiries, and now all of a sudden here comes this apparently unsolicited "reply" from Wilshire. I wonder whether there's some connection between the two companies.

Anyhow I inquired. No reply yet.
ww2Vet+dextabs (02-01-13)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-12, 08:30 PM

RoxyMusic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito, ADDer View Post
I was wondering that myself. Wilshire is located in Atlanta...same as Mikart. Mikart has never replied to any of my email inquiries, and now all of a sudden here comes this apparently unsolicited "reply" from Wilshire. I wonder whether there's some connection between the two companies.

Anyhow I inquired. No reply yet.
Yeah it appears that Mikart is producing it for Wilshire. So this is the long awaited Mikart product. Would be interested in trying this.

Here is a link to the label information, ingredients etc, if anyone is interested:

http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed...o.cfm?id=72186
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoxyMusic For This Useful Post:
Vito, ADDer (09-07-12), ww2Vet+dextabs (02-01-13)
Old 09-07-12, 09:33 PM
ADDvanced Member

RoxyMusic:

Yup...that explains it. Apparently my unanswered emails to Mikart were forwarded to Wilshire, which explains how they got my email address.

Thanks for tracking that down and closing the loop, amigo.

p.s. The page you linked in your post shows "Marketing Start Date: 7/20/2012". Presumably, that means they're available now. Anyone whose pharmacy is having trouble getting the Barr/Teva meds should use the information in my original post in this thread.

Last edited by Vito, ADDer; 09-07-12 at 09:44 PM..
Old 09-07-12, 09:48 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,012 Posts
salleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond repute

Barr sucks ...but what happened to the other dosage amounts I wonder ...supposed to come in 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 mg........

course if you get the 30mg tabs..you pay much less ....wouldn't you know big surprise there eh ?

........If you make it to age 50 without growing up, you don't have to ......

.....After all, the business of life is the acquisition of memories....in the end, that's all we have .....Words of wisdom by the Downton Abbeys' butler
Old 09-10-12, 09:39 PM
ADDvanced Member

OK...it's official now. No speculation involved:

Quote:
Hi Vito:

Mikart is manufacturing dextroamphetamine and Wilshire is marketing dextroamphetamine in the US market.

Please feel free to add Wilshire dextroamphetamine availability to your website. Here are some particulars; such as NDC numbers:

NDC #
Dosage
Strength
Package Size
52536-500-01
5mg
100 tablets
52536-510-01
10mg
100 tablets

I have heard many patient success stories utilizing dextroamphetamine and wish you continued health and happiness.

Corinne Hogan
Vice President Sales & Marketing
Wilshire Pharmaceuticals
(954) 614-3596
Lotus_eyes (01-13-13)
Old 09-15-12, 12:47 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light

Anybody tried these yet? Is there a photo available? It would be nice if they were a bit smaller and more compact then Barr's product which seems to contain a lot of filler. 5-10mg is a VERY small amount of chemical. Methamphetamine tablets are 5mg as well and are smaller that tic-tacs and very tightly bound together.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
Old 09-27-12, 08:43 PM
Jr Member

kenny5277 is on a distinguished road

Eagerly waiting on reports of peoples' experiences with the new Wilshires, AND wondering if anyone knows yet how the price compares to Barr??
Old 11-17-12, 04:00 PM

Jason954 will become famous soon enough

Can a sympathetic/kind/saintly pharmacist from somewhere like Walgreens or CVS order arbitrary meds from arbitrary distributors, or are they limited to specific distributors with whom their chain has existing exclusivity agreements? Walgreens in S. Florida is basically wiped out of 10mg IR tablets (specifically, Barr and CorePharma).

If they can, does anybody have specific ordering info I can give him to make his life easy (distributor contact info, part # (or drug equivalent), etc) so he can try ordering from them directly instead of wasting his (and my) time trying to place hopeless orders for Barr dex that are 90% likely to go unfilled?
Old 11-17-12, 05:11 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason954 View Post
Can a sympathetic/kind/saintly pharmacist from somewhere like Walgreens or CVS order arbitrary meds from arbitrary distributors, or are they limited to specific distributors with whom their chain has existing exclusivity agreements?
It seems to me that any pharmacist who understands the rules with which he is compelled to comply by his employer should know the answer to that question. The only thing that would be affected by his "sympathetic/kind/saintly" proclivities would be his willingness to share that information with customers. But it doesn't seem very likely that he doesn't already know the answer to your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason954 View Post
...instead of wasting his (and my) time trying to place hopeless orders for Barr dex that are 90% likely to go unfilled?
My pharmacy (Costco) has a way of knowing whether the medication is available. Perhaps it's because they have a link to their distributor's inventory system (or maybe they have multiple distributors...I don't know). In any case, they can tell me whether they can order the medication when I call to check on availability and pricing. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with sympathy, kindness, or saintliness...well, except to the extent that some individuals seem to want to be more helpful than others.

If the pharmacies in your area can't get 10 mg. dex tabs, I suspect it's because the distributors that normally carry them are out of stock. If the distributors can't get the meds, then we're right back to where we were almost a year ago—namely, another dex shortage. Again. Except that it makes even less sense now, because evidently in some areas there's no shortage, and prices are stable; in other areas, prices have gone through the roof; and in still other areas (like your part of Florida), the 10 mg. tabs aren't available at all.

Anyhow, ordering information for the Wilshire Pharmaceuticals dex is contained in the original post in this thread. Perhaps someone else has more information about ordering other brands of dex.
ww2Vet+dextabs (02-01-13)
Old 11-17-12, 07:14 PM
Jr Member

ArctoLupinus has a spectacular aura aboutArctoLupinus has a spectacular aura about

Apparently, in America at least, there exist FOUR manufacturers of pure dextroamphetamine sulfate, as generic form of "Dexedrine/Dextrostat"...

1. Teva/Barr

2. Mallinckrodt

3. KV Pharmaceutical/Nesher

4. Mikart/Wilshire

Such is the sad face of financial oligarchic monopoly, we sufferers of these conditions face...

I also read about pure amphetamine (levo isomer exclusively) being approved, the manufacturer seemingly "Independence Pharms"... The possibility is interesting, from several perspectives. Do any of you know about what I am talking about here? I profess no knowledge, certainly--just the mere idea of simple amphetamine, without dilution, being marketed lawfully, strikes me as fascinating from many angles...

For our Adderall population: be happy about the recent ACTAVIS initiative... The stranglehold of Israeli Barr/Teva over American medicine, honestly, needs to be totally shattered... Barr/Teva I have confirmed are not cognizant of moral law, to say the least, not even mentioning the rotten quality of the generics emanating from that bizarre Russian-Israeli syndicate... Merely out of curiosity, have people sampled the generic ACTAVIS Adderall yet? and does it compare favorably with the muddy-dirty-feeling of Barr/Teva Adderall simulacra...?
starry (01-14-13), ww2Vet+dextabs (02-01-13)
Old 11-19-12, 12:41 PM

SpiKed is on a distinguished road

i just got my dextrostat Rx filled 2 days ago at rite aid in philadelphia and was shocked when the pharmacist informed me they used a new generic to fill it and the pills might look different, i was in shock as im used to only ever getting the barr generics. well, these new wilshire generics are AMAZING. they are MUCH smaller than the barr 10mg, i would compare their size to the size of a ritalin tablet, but slightly larger. they are a slightly darker shade of orange than the barr tablets, and say MIA 10 on one side, with a cross score on the other.

after taking my first dose i noticed right away that this generic is superior. the feeling is MUCH smoother than barr and i find a MUCH less incidence of negative side effects compared to barr ... after a couple days taking them, i now know that THIS is how dextrostat is supposed to feel like ... these last exactly how long they should, and you can just feel it is a better quality product. highly recommended.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SpiKed For This Useful Post:
Phoenix Ash (11-19-12), reluctant_brain (11-19-12), RoxyMusic (11-19-12), starry (01-14-13), ww2Vet+dextabs (02-01-13)
Old 11-19-12, 02:47 PM

RoxyMusic is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Wilshire Pharmaceuticals Dextroamphetamine 5 mg. and 10 mg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiKed View Post
i just got my dextrostat Rx filled 2 days ago at rite aid in philadelphia and was shocked when the pharmacist informed me they used a new generic to fill it and the pills might look different, i was in shock as im used to only ever getting the barr generics. well, these new wilshire generics are AMAZING. they are MUCH smaller than the barr 10mg, i would compare their size to the size of a ritalin tablet, but slightly larger. they are a slightly darker shade of orange than the barr tablets, and say MIA 10 on one side, with a cross score on the other.

after taking my first dose i noticed right away that this generic is superior. the feeling is MUCH smoother than barr and i find a MUCH less incidence of negative side effects compared to barr ... after a couple days taking them, i now know that THIS is how dextrostat is supposed to feel like ... these last exactly how long they should, and you can just feel it is a better quality product. highly recommended.
Thanks for the report! Super cool that someone has finally found these. A couple of questions for you, if you don't mind. Can you tell us the price you paid and the quantity of pills? If you have insurance and are privy to the non-insurance price that would be awesome. Trying to get a sense on what is causing the price hikes on Teva products and if Wilshire is pricing similarly.
Old 11-30-12, 05:56 PM

lyndonboy is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Wilshire Pharmaceuticals Dextroamphetamine 5 mg. and 10 mg.

TO ANYONE & EVERYONE THAT HAS TAKEN ANOTHER PHARMACEUTICAL BRAND OF "DEXTROAMPHETAMINE SULFATE" 5MG & 10MG TABLETS IMMEDIATE RELEASE NEEDS TO READ WHAT I AM GOING TO SAY HERE, PLEASE - IT MIGHT JUST CHANGE YOUR LIFE IN SUCH A POSITIVE & LIVE-ALTERING WAY THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE THANKFUL FOR TAKING THE TIME TOP READ THIS:

"I HAVE BEEN ON DEXEDRINE OR THE GENERIC EQUIVALENT OF DEXEDRINE WHICH IS CALLED "DEXTROAMPHETAMINE SULFATE" IN THE 10MG IMMEDIATE RELEASE TABLETS!!! I TOOK THE NAME BRAND FOR JUST A BIT AND THEY ONLY HAD THE 5MG TABLETS WHICH MY DOSAGE WAS WAY MORE AND IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN WAY MORE 5MG DEXEDRINE BRAND TO ACCOUNT FOR THE DOSAGE I AM ON! I AM NOT ON THAT HIGH OF DOSE, JUST 20MG TWICE DAILY FOR TOTAL OF 40MG DAILY. THE DRUG STORES I WENT TO WOULD ONLY CARRY ONE GENERIC BRAND WHEN THEY COULD HAVE OFFERED ANY ONE OF THE THREE OR FOUR GENERIC TABLETS OR ALL OF THEM BUT THEY WOULDN'T DO THAT & YOU CAN ONLY USE YOUR IMAGINATION AND WONDER! KICKBACKS FROM COMPANIES - OH NO, THAT COULDN'T BE!!! SHAME ON ME FOR THINKING THAT!!! ANYWAY, FINALLY MY DRUG STORE CHANGED WHOLESALER'S THE OTHER DAY AND THEY WENT FROM BARR DEXTROAMPHETAMINE SULFATE TO WILLSHIRE 10MG DEXTROAMPHETAMINE SULFATE TABLETS. LISTEN FOLKS, THE BARR BRAND (OWNED BY TEVA LABS), MADE ME FEEL SO RAN DOWN AND WORTHLESS AND MADE ME THINK THE QUALITY OF LIFE AS I ONCE KNEW IT WAS OVER! I FINALLY READ THAT PEOPLE WOULD TAKE THE BARR TABS AND EITHER WOULD FEEL ANYTHING OR THEY WOULD GET REALLY SLEEPY AND DEPRESSED. I THINK THEY ARE PUTTING SOME FORM OF TRANQUILIZER IN THEM BECAUSE I COULD TAKE THEM AND SLEEP FOR HOURS!!! NOW, I'VE BEEN ON THESE WILLSHIRE BRAND FOR SEVERAL DAYS AND I'M ALIVE AGAIN. YES, I WANT TO GIVE THEM A LITTLE LONGER AND CHECK BACK IN AND LET EVERYONE KNOW!!! I WILL BE IN TOUCH, CHECK OUT WHAT I AM SAYING!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lyndonboy For This Useful Post:
Lotus_eyes (01-13-13), ww2Vet+dextabs (02-01-13)