ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 12-14-04, 01:28 AM
Jr Member

cinnastix88 is on a distinguished road
Question rash from Adderall XR

i am a 16 year old 140lb female that was recently prescribed 20mg of Adderall XR. ive been taking it for a few weeks now and so far i think its really helping me. my grades are going up, i get compliments on the top of my test papers from proud teachers, i participate in class because i know whats going on, and my fellow friends and peers are impressed with my sudden focused attitude. its a major confidence booster, but the problem is that early on in the week i always get a rash usually on my neck and slightly on my face. i wear makeup so its not really noticable on my face but it does itch slightly. it only comes on early on in the week for the most part because i dont take it on the weekends. i want to prevent myself from becoming tolerant and addicted to my prescription, so when i shock my body with the medication on mondays the effects are even more noticable. im going to the doctor on wednesday so he can check up on my progress. im just wondering if he is going to take me off the medication because of the rashes. i generally have sensitive skin to begin with so im used to these sorts of things. i dont want to experiment with a bunch of medications...im not an advocate to begin with. are these rashes dangerous at all? im happy with the adderall benefets, but i dont want to cause myself any permanent damage. thank you.
Old 12-14-04, 03:06 AM
Contributor

Chadwick has disabled reputation
I have itchy skin all over my body from taking regular release adderall (generic). I have tried two generics and they both have this side effect. All other side effects I've had have gone away except this one, which actually started well into (a week or two) my initial treatment with adderall (generic). If I itch the spots that get itchy, I do get mildly raised, redenned skin at that location. It doesn't persist however, and I really don't mind the side effect too much. I read somewhere that the itchiness might be caused by sulfa, which might be an additive in the medication. I'm not sure of that fact at all however. More information has proven difficult to obtain.
Old 12-16-04, 08:25 AM
Jr Member

cinnastix88 is on a distinguished road
thank you very much. it really doesnt seem bad enough that i would have to stop taking the medication all together. it seems like a basic side-effect so i wont worry about it so much.
The tension is here
Between who you are and who you could be
Between how it is and how it should be

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-08, 02:30 PM
Jr Member

Leigh Leigh is on a distinguished road
Re: rash from Adderall XR

I realize this post is very old, HOWEVER, now I am sure that my rash is from the Adderall IR (generic) I have been taking. Vyvanse made me break out w/ acne, but these itchy bumps are on my neck, especially at the hairline & around my ears. I also get bumps on my face that seem a bit different than acne & was on the Adderall before the Vyvanse. My dermatologist says it's foliculitis & can't be cured! I never wear my hair up because I'm so self conscious about this. I don't think Adderall Xr had that effect, but I can't afford it until they put the generic out... YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Peace
Old 11-14-08, 06:42 PM

ADDInWI is on a distinguished road

I am experiencing the same itching sensation. I have a little redness (almost like scratch marks) around my waist area, the back of my arms, and a little on my forearms.
I generally get this type of skin condition on my legs and upper shoulders during the winter because my skin dries out easily.
It is something I can live with and am going to keep a close eye on.
Old 07-29-12, 03:41 AM

mikeycoony is on a distinguished road

I have the same rash around my groin area (where i first noticed it) and then on my back, i asked my doctor about it and she said it's like we all know from the adderall. I'm wondering is there any way to make it go away.... i got a tan on it and at first it was light brown spots but since i got tan it's now it's like a photo negative as in... what was dark is now light
Old 07-29-12, 09:23 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 17,375 Times in 7,827 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps you should consider the methyphenidate class of drugs.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?