ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 09-26-12, 04:40 PM

andrea_sch is on a distinguished road
I feel MISERABLE.

I really need help from people who also are taking or have taken Adderall (I am on generic IR, between 20-60mg/day).

The situation: I stopped taking the medication for about a week, last week...dealt with that misery.
I started up again this Sunday, and the meds didn't do anything for me...besides give me a horrible rebound 6 hours after taking my meds.
I took my normal dose Sunday, again Monday and Tuesday and today, and every day have felt so miserable that I've burst into tears from how bad my body feels. I haven't felt energized or motivated or happy, nothing at all that I used to feel from my meds or am supposed to feel.
I have nausea and a headache, but it resonates through my whole body. I feel like I'm melting inside or like my body wants to implode or rip itself apart. I feel anxious and irritable and shaky.
Sunday-Tuesday it was just in the evenings/nights when it wore off but today during the day and on my meds, it's still there.
I really need to be doing schoolwork right now but I feel too miserable to even read a book, besides the fact I can't focus for ****.
This isn't how it's supposed to be, is it?

Has anyone experienced anything at all like this? Why do I feel so horrible? I dealth with discontinuation symptoms for a few days last week then felt fine. Now taking it again I feel the withdrawel symptoms? I dont know...

(Please no one say "CALL YOUR DOC", that is obvious and I will do that if I don't feel better tomorrow. I don't really like my Dr though and don't expect the receptionists or him to help over the phone. I doubt they would even put me through to talk to him, he doesn't have much time)
The Following User Says Thank You to andrea_sch For This Useful Post:
425runner (09-26-12)
Old 09-26-12, 08:49 PM
Forum ADDvocate

425runner has a spectacular aura about425runner has a spectacular aura about
Re: I feel MISERABLE.

Have you changed anything else? I quit caffeine two days ago and feel like hell. Terrible headaches all day, meds don't work - experiencing anxiety not focus, just like you. I have a major exam next Tuesday and been doing very poorly lately, don't know why this is happening now. Sorry mate...I don't have any insights other then maybe look if anything else have changed. More stress? Different foods?
Old 09-26-12, 09:16 PM

andrea_sch is on a distinguished road

Well I've had a cold so I've been taking DayQuil and NyQuil; I read antihistamines can interact with adderall?

I hope you feel better too!
The Following User Says Thank You to andrea_sch For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (09-26-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-12, 03:15 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Verile is a glorious beacon of lightVerile is a glorious beacon of lightVerile is a glorious beacon of lightVerile is a glorious beacon of lightVerile is a glorious beacon of light

I'll make a couple guesses:

1. If your pH levels are too acidic when you take the pill it could be excreted without being metabolized. Are you drinking soda with the pill? Diet high in meats, fats, grains, sugar, fast food? Any sudden changes in diet? Stress also lowers pH so that could make your meds less effective. It did for me at one point.

You could try taking your pill with an antacid.

2. Could be receptors that affect your motivation and drive are down regulated/built a tolerance. This happened for me as well. Amphetamines were life changing initially but slowly lost that motivation boost over a few months. Even taking holidays from the drugs woudn't reverse it.

3. Could just be you're sick and it'll pass when you get better. Sickness also affects your blood pH.
The Following User Says Thank You to Verile For This Useful Post:
amberwillow (09-27-12)