ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 10-28-12, 07:42 PM

Blessed08_03 will become famous soon enough
Antidepressant's and Adderall

Hi all,

I was wondering how many people were on adderall and an antidepressant.

I have been on adderall for over a year now. It helps with some of my issues. I would prefer to be on dextroamphetamine but due to the unavailability I have stuck with adderall.

I have finally addressed my anxiety issues about 3 months ago and reluctantly went on klonopin. It has not helped the way I was hoping it would.

Now I have been put on Cymbalta. I'm worried that these medications interact.

Has anyone had any good or bad experiences combining an antidepressant with adderall?

Thanks
-Blessed-
Old 10-31-12, 01:12 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Traveler5 is just really niceTraveler5 is just really niceTraveler5 is just really niceTraveler5 is just really nice
Re: Antidepressant's and Adderall

Been on Adderall for 6 months and AD's for 10 years. Run your meds through a online drug interaction checker. Doctors and pharmacists will tell you there is no problem. Personally I think there are some mild to moderate interactions, but none of them unsafe. Keep in mind that all of us react to drugs in different ways than each other. What is bad for one person may not be the case for another.

I don't pay attention during conversations. Not even when I talk to myself.
Old 10-31-12, 07:51 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 16,904 Times in 7,643 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I've been on cymbalta for almost 9 years and stimulants for about 4 years. They've given me no trouble at all.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (10-31-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-12, 12:55 PM
Contributor

EnergizerJen is a glorious beacon of lightEnergizerJen is a glorious beacon of lightEnergizerJen is a glorious beacon of lightEnergizerJen is a glorious beacon of lightEnergizerJen is a glorious beacon of lightEnergizerJen is a glorious beacon of light

I take Effexor (snri like cymbalta) and I find it very effective.

I have HORRIBLE panic attacks that make me gasp for air-I use Xanax to help control it. I know they're in the same family but klonopin make me mean...

The Effexor actually has made MOST of my panic attacks dissipate. I have 2-3 a month, instead of 5 a week.

I take Adderall also, in addition to trazadone, as needed for sleep. (I don't usually need it)

I had problems with PROZAC, it made my adhd WORSE and irritated the heck outta me. It pretty much voided out the Adderall I was taking, but that was prozac (an ssri).
Old 05-29-13, 04:47 PM

stanses is on a distinguished road

The SSRI/SNRI class Antidepressants will INCREASE the efficacy of Adderall; and make it last longer as well. This has been documented in studies and I know from experience, at least w/Zoloft, Effexor, and Pristiq.
Old 06-04-13, 08:15 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

kiosk is a jewel in the roughkiosk is a jewel in the roughkiosk is a jewel in the rough

when i went on lexapro it really took care of my anxiety but diminished the benefits of adderall by at least half, where my dose had to double to get back the effectiveness....