ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Non-ADD Partner Support
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Non-ADD Partner Support This is a support forum for non-ADD partners, spouses, and significant others offering feedback from both the ADD and non-ADD perspectives

Old 01-08-05, 02:27 AM
Account Closed

falling is on a distinguished road
Hearing voices...

I hope this is not a rude or an insensitive question but i was wondering if people with add hear voices in their minds. I know that to have thoughts racing in your mind is common, but i was wondering if this is like hearing voices in your mind?
Old 01-08-05, 02:54 AM

George guy is on a distinguished road
Not exactly. Think about when you have to do a major creative project, or solve a problem you have no idea how to fix -- the first step is brainstorming. You let your mind go free and you scribble down any idea that crosses your thoughts. For most people, as I understand, going into that brainstorming state takes some conscious effort. For the ADDers you refer to, it's like we're in that state of brainstorming, all the time. At least for me, I don't hear any voices. You know the news ticker at the bottom of the screen on all the news channels-- it's kind of like there's one of those running in your head, or more like five.
Old 01-08-05, 03:27 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

exeter is on a distinguished road
The only voice I hear in my head is mine.

Just tell your doctor what's going on. That's what they're there for, and I'm sure they've heard it all, your not alone in what's going on. -- jazzper
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-05, 08:16 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by falling
I hope this is not a rude or an insensitive question but i was wondering if people with add hear voices in their minds. I know that to have thoughts racing in your mind is common, but i was wondering if this is like hearing voices in your mind?
I hear voices but it's something I've heard before.

My mind is constantly analyzing things, if it shuts off it's so brief that I don't notice the mental break.

I usually hear them when I'm having a problem with something...A bad day I hear my dad say it's only 24 hours long you can make it that long. Mad at my kids I hear my mom I didn't know they'd all go so fast (said after my last little brother got married)

I think of the voices as reminders to stop and look closer and to keep my priorities set.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 01-08-05, 01:00 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

free2bme has disabled reputation
just mine. it's definitely an "i'm talking and i can't shut up" situation. haven't heard any other voices.

"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." Angela Monet
Old 01-08-05, 01:04 PM

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by free2bme
just mine. it's definitely an "i'm talking and i can't shut up" situation. haven't heard any other voices.
lmbo I have a shirt that says that "I'm talking and can't shut up"
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 01-08-05, 01:12 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

oh man, i need one of those......

"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." Angela Monet
Old 01-08-05, 01:15 PM

Carolina is on a distinguished road
I have heard people refer to something like this as "tapes" that keep playing in their mind. Like if someone's parents were always critical, they can hear that voice always being critical of them. Or maybe something like the ID, Ego and Superego like Freud described where 2 two opposite parts of you are conflictiing and the third is trying to sort it all out.

About the only vocie I hear is my own voice in my mind or sometimes I get a song stuck in my head and I can hear that voice/song over anad over and over.
Old 01-08-05, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2bme
oh man, i need one of those......
Go to Walmart buy yourself an easy printer program.
a sweatshirt
and blank iron on trasfer's
design your own shirt
print it
iron it on the shirt

DONE you now have your own.

Old 01-08-05, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina
I have heard people refer to something like this as "tapes" that keep playing in their mind. Like if someone's parents were always critical, they can hear that voice always being critical of them. Or maybe something like the ID, Ego and Superego like Freud described where 2 two opposite parts of you are conflictiing and the third is trying to sort it all out.

About the only vocie I hear is my own voice in my mind or sometimes I get a song stuck in my head and I can hear that voice/song over anad over and over.
I've always got what I call my "theme song for the day" stuck in my head. Mean co-workers will start humming along and then add another song to that song and next thing you know I've got 5 different songs floating around in there. lmbo but it does make for some interesting listening.

Old 01-08-05, 02:11 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

it sounds easy to get my shirt!!!! unfortunately, i am EXTREMELY technologically challenged and in my case this definitely includes trying to design my own shirt....oh well......the thought was still fun, and oh so ******* accurate, too!!!

dumb question. what does lmbo mean? ohhhhh, i just got it when i typed it....laugh my butt off, right?

Old 01-08-05, 10:28 PM

Right!!!

I'll help you make your shirt but not tonight I have to work they've had a bunch of call in's and I'm covering for a friend.

p.s. you'll find my yahoo messenger id under the Women's Abuse Support forum.