ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-02-12, 01:11 AM
scattered_mind scattered_mind is offline
Jr Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 12
Thanks: 12
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
scattered_mind is on a distinguished road
Hello.. All ADHD around the world!

Hello all.. I'm Arief, from Jakarta, Indonesia, and found out that I'm ADHD.. Currently I'm in "research" of myself, because of facing difficulties on family and career life. Really need a community support..

Any one from Jakarta also around here?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scattered_mind For This Useful Post:
faddina (01-08-13), Timberline (06-29-14)
  #2  
Old 12-06-12, 01:40 AM
xerot14's Avatar
xerot14 xerot14 is offline
Newbie
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 7
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
xerot14 is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello.. All ADHD around the world!

Hey there Arief,

I'm not from Jakarta, but like you I've been doing a lot of research on myself as well, and seemingly I have inattentive ADHD, or at least my "research" has been pretty consistent with my life, and also like yourself I'm new here. So it's nice to meet you, hopefully we can get things in order finally! I'm hoping we'll be able to find some support here, because that's exactly what I'd like as well. By the way, how's the weather there, It's freezing here >

-Eric
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xerot14 For This Useful Post:
Timberline (06-29-14)
  #3  
Old 12-06-12, 09:01 PM
JakeArmitage JakeArmitage is offline
Jr Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 17
Thanks: 12
Thanked 14 Times in 6 Posts
JakeArmitage is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello.. All ADHD around the world!

Dunno if i can say welcome really, since im pretty new myself here and it feels pretty silly to be so new and welcome someone else... But welcome .

Its can be really hard in the begining after getting your diagnosis, i am experiencing that now myself and i also have a friend who was diagnosed earlier this year who said the same thing. Are you going to manage it with counseling or medication, or both?

Also, remember that you are not ADHD, its not what defines you as a person.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JakeArmitage For This Useful Post:
Timberline (06-29-14)
Sponsored Links
  #4  
Old 01-01-13, 09:49 AM
scattered_mind scattered_mind is offline
Jr Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 12
Thanks: 12
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
scattered_mind is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello.. All ADHD around the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerot14 View Post
Hey there Arief,

I'm not from Jakarta, but like you I've been doing a lot of research on myself as well, and seemingly I have inattentive ADHD, or at least my "research" has been pretty consistent with my life, and also like yourself I'm new here. So it's nice to meet you, hopefully we can get things in order finally! I'm hoping we'll be able to find some support here, because that's exactly what I'd like as well. By the way, how's the weather there, It's freezing here >

-Eric
Hi there Eric, It's really nice to have someone reply on my thread. Thanks! And sorry for the late reply on MY OWN THREAD.. I forgot that that I have a Self Introduction thread (adhd effect?)..Oh well, that's why we join this forum right? .
I also have the inattentive type as well. Hopefully we can have support in this forum.
Weather in Jakarta is rainy, really supportive for hibernating.. By the way, Happy New Year Eric! Wishing have a better year this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeArmitage View Post
Dunno if i can say welcome really, since im pretty new myself here and it feels pretty silly to be so new and welcome someone else... But welcome .

Its can be really hard in the begining after getting your diagnosis, i am experiencing that now myself and i also have a friend who was diagnosed earlier this year who said the same thing. Are you going to manage it with counseling or medication, or both?

Also, remember that you are not ADHD, its not what defines you as a person.
Hello Jake. Actually, I already suspecting I have ADHD (inattentive type) since 4 years ago, and it actually somewhat relieving, because of knowing myself as not a dumb and reckless person, but more as a person have a 'different' brain characteristic.
Ever since, I was taking both counseling and medication. But it's somewhat costly, so I stop both therapy . Now I'm trying to cope my ADHD by increasing ADHD awareness,regularly contemplating and self reminding. Sorry for my English.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scattered_mind For This Useful Post:
Timberline (06-29-14)
  #5  
Old 01-07-13, 05:04 AM
faddina faddina is offline
Newbie
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
faddina is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello.. All ADHD around the world!

Hei Arief, I'm faddina a newbie and also from Jakarta
Pls kindly advise where to get a professional Adult ADD diagnose in Jakarta?
Could you shares some of your stories in overcoming and coping with ADD

Thanks ^^
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-07-13, 01:24 PM
scattered_mind scattered_mind is offline
Jr Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 12
Thanks: 12
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
scattered_mind is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello.. All ADHD around the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faddina View Post
Hei Arief, I'm faddina a newbie and also from Jakarta
Pls kindly advise where to get a professional Adult ADD diagnose in Jakarta?
Could you shares some of your stories in overcoming and coping with ADD

Thanks ^^
Wow, at last.. ADHDers from my hometown! Is it really faddina or fADDina or FINA? Rarely heard such a name.. Haha, just teasing.. Anyway, what type are you? Is it more of Inattentive type or also have the hyperactivity? I'm more of Inattentive type.

I have two names for you, both have different method:

1. Dharmawan Purnama M.D. (consultancy + medication)
If you search his name on LinkedIn, then you'll instantly notice that he's an expert on ADD field. PM me for his cell number

2. dr Hendryk Timur , MM MARS (consultancy + non-meds)

I only met him once, but it was such a fantastic experience.. You know why? Because he's also an ADHDers! Of course, you can googling his name, and you'll know what kind of therapy he have.
PM me for his cell number

Let's share your experience here... I also want to share my experience, but it's already quite a night, so I have to take a rest.

Well, I hope my info will be useful. Glad to meet you Faddina
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scattered_mind For This Useful Post:
rumvanillaacid (12-23-14), Timberline (06-29-14)
  #7  
Old 01-07-13, 01:34 PM
Fuzzy12's Avatar
Fuzzy12 Fuzzy12 is offline
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 18,744
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 30,901
Thanked 28,054 Times in 12,980 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello.. All ADHD around the world!

Hello Arief. I'm not from Jakarta but I've been there a few months ago. Fascinating place. Loved it.

Hope you find lots of support and information here. I did. Welcome to the forum.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Timberline (06-29-14)
  #8  
Old 01-07-13, 11:37 PM
faddina faddina is offline
Newbie
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
faddina is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello.. All ADHD around the world!

Well actually it's kind of acronym for my full name and I'm always use it online.
I think I'm more Inattentive type, since I'm always the quite one.
Thank God I found this forum I feel like such an alien sometimes, you know how it is when u can't fully understand how your brain works. I wished I knew this a long time ago that would explained why in school I could barely understand what my teacher been sayin in class room.
Thanx a lot Arief for your Info ^^
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to faddina For This Useful Post:
Timberline (06-29-14)
  #9  
Old 09-30-13, 10:15 AM
AgentPerry516 AgentPerry516 is offline
Newbie
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Jakarta,Indonesia
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
AgentPerry516 is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello.. All ADHD around the world!

Hello guys! I'm Ully and just relocate myself here to jakarta. I have been looking for doctors who can help me to diagnose my ADD in here and thank you for posting it Arief. Could you tell me how i can contact any of the doctors that you posted? I have never been able to get the chance to see a doctor, I'm 23 year old female and unfortunately my life has been a mess thanks to what I'm referring now as an ADD. So it will help a lot to be able to get a full diagnose by a professional and have a support group here in Jakarta. And to have friends around the world that can understand what I'm going through and share information.

It's nice to meet you all! finally...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AgentPerry516 For This Useful Post:
Timberline (06-29-14)
  #10  
Old 01-12-14, 01:35 PM
Rahman13 Rahman13 is offline
Newbie
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rahman13 is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello.. All ADHD around the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scattered_mind View Post
Hello all.. I'm Arief, from Jakarta, Indonesia, and found out that I'm ADHD.. Currently I'm in "research" of myself, because of facing difficulties on family and career life. Really need a community support..

Any one from Jakarta also around here?
Hi Arief,

I am based in Jakarta and have ADHD. My life is challenging but beautiful - happy to swap notes and share.

Cheers
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rahman13 For This Useful Post:
Timberline (06-29-14)
  #11  
Old 01-20-14, 06:46 PM
onlygd onlygd is offline
Newbie
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: jakarta
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
onlygd is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello.. All ADHD around the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scattered_mind View Post
Wow, at last.. ADHDers from my hometown! Is it really faddina or fADDina or FINA? Rarely heard such a name.. Haha, just teasing.. Anyway, what type are you? Is it more of Inattentive type or also have the hyperactivity? I'm more of Inattentive type.

I have two names for you, both have different method:

1. Dharmawan Purnama M.D. (consultancy + medication)
If you search his name on LinkedIn, then you'll instantly notice that he's an expert on ADD field. PM me for his cell number

2. dr Hendryk Timur , MM MARS (consultancy + non-meds)

I only met him once, but it was such a fantastic experience.. You know why? Because he's also an ADHDers! Of course, you can googling his name, and you'll know what kind of therapy he have.
PM me for his cell number

Let's share your experience here... I also want to share my experience, but it's already quite a night, so I have to take a rest.

Well, I hope my info will be useful. Glad to meet you Faddina
hi there arief,
i'm from Jakarta too. suffer with adhd. apparently i'm the hyperactive ones!
can I have dr. Dharmawan number?
i've been really a mess lately. thank you
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to onlygd For This Useful Post:
Timberline (06-29-14)
  #12  
Old 06-27-14, 02:18 PM
scattered_mind scattered_mind is offline
Jr Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 12
Thanks: 12
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
scattered_mind is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello.. All ADHD around the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPerry516 View Post
Hello guys! I'm Ully and just relocate myself here to jakarta. I have been looking for doctors who can help me to diagnose my ADD in here and thank you for posting it Arief. Could you tell me how i can contact any of the doctors that you posted? I have never been able to get the chance to see a doctor, I'm 23 year old female and unfortunately my life has been a mess thanks to what I'm referring now as an ADD. So it will help a lot to be able to get a full diagnose by a professional and have a support group here in Jakarta. And to have friends around the world that can understand what I'm going through and share information.

It's nice to meet you all! finally...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahman13 View Post
Hi Arief,

I am based in Jakarta and have ADHD. My life is challenging but beautiful - happy to swap notes and share.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlygd View Post
hi there arief,
i'm from Jakarta too. suffer with adhd. apparently i'm the hyperactive ones!
can I have dr. Dharmawan number?
i've been really a mess lately. thank you
Oh my God.. So sorry for the laaaateeee reply.. It's not like i'm not ADHD anymore.. Well, you know..

So, please share your experience... Have you found a way to contact any ADHD expert professionals in Jakarta?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-23-14, 01:25 PM
rumvanillaacid rumvanillaacid is offline
Newbie
 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 2
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rumvanillaacid is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello.. All ADHD around the world!

Hello all!

I'm also from Jakarta, Indonesia! New at this forum, obviously. I haven't been diagnosed with ADD, but my friend's sister who studied psych said that I fit the symptoms. Did a little research, read the symptoms and kind of surprised how much of that fits me. Took a quick quiz and the result told me, better go to a specialist.

So, I have some questions for you dear soon-to-be-seniors.
1. How did you get diagnosed? Did you came to a shrink with your life history or something? Interview or writing test? How many appointments it'd took for the psych to diagnose you?
FYI, I have MDD a.k.a. Major Depressive Disorder. Diagnosed two years ago, treated with antidepressant for four month then I stopped. The doc didn't take more than 15 minutes to decide what it was.

2. Have you met any experts beside them? I read about a Dr. Andri online, but he's not practicing in Jakarta. So, not convenient for me. Read dr. Dharmawan's LinkedIn profile, would probably try his place.

3. Knew any support groups here in Jakarta? or adult ADHD community? or Hyperactive Inattentive Club? (forgive the pun. can't help but being a little cheeky) I found the quality of adult ADHD in our language is rather lacking. If I had to explain to my nearly 70 years old mom, I'd rather drag her to meet people who were like me than translating pages and pages and pages from English.

Okay, that's for now. Thanks!

Last edited by namazu; 12-24-14 at 03:27 AM.. Reason: removed link to site promoting doctor; see ADDF guidelines
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
High Dopamine Transporter Levels Not Correlated With ADHD Mincan Science in the Media 11 04-04-14 12:06 AM
Feedback: Evidence in the Science Section. mildadhd Site Suggestions & Feedback 50 10-29-11 10:58 PM
The Different Types, or Styles, of ADHD Sarai General ADD Talk 11 06-06-10 08:18 AM
Optimizing Treatment of ADHD from Adolescence Through Adulthood: An Expert Interview Scattered ADD News 3 10-01-06 12:26 PM
All the world at my fingertips...(ADD info access) Trooper Keith General ADD Talk 1 09-21-04 10:44 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) 2003 - 2015 ADD Forums