ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-03, 11:50 AM
Forum Guru

jimmmaaa is on a distinguished road
I guess, maybe it would be good if we could channel our interests into some money making veture. But then we would have to keep records.......after a while we would change interests so we would have to revamp our product lines.....plus then we would have to keep records, etc. I will quit while I am behind. NEED....MORE.....COFFEE...Starbucks here I come!

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
~Calvin Coolidge

“Never, never, never, never give up. “~Winston Churchill
Old 07-10-03, 02:04 PM
Favorite "Aunt Joan" to Little Jessica

joanrdtobe will become famous soon enough
James: Could you please get me an iced decaf while you're there??? With milk and sweet and low??? Thanks...have a great day....

"If you change the way you look at things -- the things you look at change"

Dr. Wayne Dyer (The Power of Intention)
Old 07-11-03, 11:43 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Garry has disabled reputation
Next Time you have a ICE CAPACHINO

ask them to make it with 3/4 chocolate milk

mmmmm mmmmmm good

I am ------------ ADD
Addaptable, Directed, Determined

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-03, 01:44 PM
Dannydorm

i have to admit gary that does sound pretty good, a frapachino made with chocolate milk
Old 07-14-03, 11:07 PM

good is an understatment my friend

deliousious and fattening but worth it

I am ------------ ADD

Old 07-15-03, 06:23 PM

Actually Garry since Dan and I became friends, we've shared one or two of these coffee delights and fattening is right. I swear we might as well just eat a hot fudge sundae or something. Problaby same calories But yup, those calories are worth it...you're right

Old 08-11-03, 08:12 PM

Peter is on a distinguished road
A warrior's advice is always welcome...

Great posting!

I'm going to create a link to it and post it on our CHADD Chapter blog. Excellent advice for any man or woman.

I was diagnosed last fall (officially) at the age of 43. At the insistence of a friend I attended the CHADD conference in Florida... found myself crying at the end of it during Tom Brown's closing remarks. Lots of grief and wasted opportunities to let go of.

As for the future, I am hopeful. If there's anyone out there who has similarly struggled and overcome (compensated, adjusted, etc.) for their ADD to live a more successful HAPPIER life- I'd love to hear from you. In particular, what is that you did that made (makes!) the difference?

Peter

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it." John Ruskin

www.xanga.com/TheSolutionsCoach
Old 08-11-03, 09:56 PM

Yes peter it was a great posting

I also put a link on my web page so I wouldnt't loose track of it and that I could share it with others

I am ------------ ADD

Old 08-15-03, 04:13 PM
Banned

waywardclam is on a distinguished road
Nnamelet...

You're hitting hard and home here.

I have tears in my eyes.

dammit
Old 09-23-03, 11:48 PM
Banned

Wheel1975 is on a distinguished road
I have a son.

He walks steps i took in school. The difference? He is getting A's because that is how smart he is and we have supported in structure some of the things i did not have but needed from the outside when i was a kid.

But i lament that he does not heed my warnings. I can tell him that he needs to own his responsibility to discover what he neeeds to succeed, and he shrugs it off.

I know many things i need, and i cannot seem to arrange for them in my own life.

i don't need a wake up call, I'm awake. I need external structure, and companionship and team work, and variety, and flexibility and latitude, and reminders, not nags, etc., and i have not figured out how to get my own pit crew of support, when others have pit crews, or my staff of support when senators have staffs, or... and quite simply without what is needed there is no success.
Old 09-29-03, 10:25 AM
Forum Guru

smooch has disabled reputation
Exclamation Moved

innocentat50's initial post (and subsequent responses) has been moved to the Introductions and Stories section...
Old 09-29-03, 10:57 AM
Banned

Wheel1975 is on a distinguished road
Here's the thread, i think!

http://www.addforums.com/forums/show...&threadid=2319
Old 09-29-03, 11:47 AM
The Guy Behind the Curtain

Thanked 1,789 Times in 541 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Smooch & Wheel

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 09-29-03, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wheel1975

I know many things i need, and i cannot seem to arrange for them in my own life.

i don't need a wake up call, I'm awake. I need external structure, and companionship and team work, and variety, and flexibility and latitude, and reminders, not nags, etc., and i have not figured out how to get my own pit crew of support, when others have pit crews, or my staff of support when senators have staffs, or... and quite simply without what is needed there is no success.
Isn't THIS the truth? And I agree. I probably don't need a wake-up call either. I guess as I read your post, I realize I got plenty of them in various and sundry forms.....over and over...

It's the things you mention that come AFTER the wake up call that matter..and how to get them...and arrange for them....or get them arranged....as you say....

Old 09-29-03, 01:42 PM

innocentat50 is on a distinguished road
Hi,
I do not know how these types of forums/threads work and I do not know if I am still in the thread that I first introduced myself. However, I just noticed that smooch, whoever this is, moved the thread. I do not know where to or what this means, but the reason I am writing now is that smooch has several quotes at the end of his/her paragraphs and I have an issue with one of them. It is the quote by Eleanor Roosevelt that says "nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission". This quote is wrong. totally wrong. Eleanor Roosevelt did not know what she was talking about when and if she said that. Have you ever considered what happens when little children are made to feel inferior? Do little children even have the capacity to say no, that's not true, when someone tells them or treats them like inferior? I as a child believed my mother 100% in everything she said, and she told me many times every day that my peers were better than I was and that I was killing her. I believed all of that and it did make me feel inferior to this day. It was only 2 days ago that I realized that when she said all of these things that I had straight A's in school, played better piano than ALL of my classmates, and could not possibly have been inferior. Yet, it did not take my permission to feel inferior because I was dependent and unable to make up my own mind. I believe that this is most of my problem: for 50 years I felt inferior and never stood up for myself. Therefore whatever came along bowled me right over and I often just stepped back when someone else wanted something that belonged to me. Anyway, my experience may apply to many other people who for whatever reason cannot stand up to whoever makes them feel inferior. Just my own 2cents worth.