ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 01-24-13, 10:22 PM
Forum ADDvocate

MellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of lightMellyFishButt is a glorious beacon of light
Can Adderall stop your period?

Sorry for the TMI but I am a four day kind of girl. I was on my second day when I started adderall and it just....stopped. I have been really good about nutrition and water and last night was able to sleep so I don't think I am taxingy body TOO much....
The Following User Says Thank You to MellyFishButt For This Useful Post:
starry (01-25-13)
Old 01-24-13, 10:38 PM

elysie100 has a spectacular aura aboutelysie100 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Can Adderall stop your period?

I take Ritalin and it really lightens my period - once it wears off at the end of the day it comes back though. I actually really like that side effect since it's more convenient for it to be lighter during the day!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elysie100 For This Useful Post:
MellyFishButt (01-25-13), starry (01-25-13)
Old 01-25-13, 02:47 PM
Blitz Attack Moderator

Thanked 2,773 Times in 1,432 Posts
Raye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond repute

I'm about a 5 day- and would love for my period to just stop. I'm on day 2 of adderall, you give me hope

*I've accomplished one of my dreams... I've been to both Oceans*
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-13, 12:43 AM

ysabeau is a jewel in the roughysabeau is a jewel in the roughysabeau is a jewel in the rough

Well they are vasoconstrictors, so I wonder if maybe it lessens it for that reason.
Old 01-28-13, 01:29 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 14,702 Times in 5,818 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

It never stopped mine but it did help me to remember to buy tampons though.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 01-28-13, 01:39 AM

ysabeau is a jewel in the roughysabeau is a jewel in the roughysabeau is a jewel in the rough

*chortle*
Old 01-28-13, 01:45 PM
moderator of all species

Thanked 6,076 Times in 3,372 Posts
silivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Vyvanse has the same reaction... because I've noticed that as well... just never thought to ask

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 01-28-13, 04:29 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

auntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Can Adderall stop your period?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyFishButt View Post
Sorry for the TMI but I am a four day kind of girl. I was on my second day when I started adderall and it just....stopped. I have been really good about nutrition and water and last night was able to sleep so I don't think I am taxingy body TOO much....
My first question is ... how old are you? not to be noisy but I had the same thing happen to me when I was taking Straterra, all of a sudden my cycle stopped. I am a person who wants to know why, why did it stop? I take medication for seizures, and low and behold I read that Tegretol can bring early menopause. I has now been 6 or 7 years, and I have gone through early menopause because of the anti-epilepsy medication.

So If you are taking other medications, I would advise you to do some reading on that specific med. Happy Reading.

A child's mind is like a shallow brook which ripples and dances merrily over the stony course of its education and reflects here a flower, there a bush, yonder fleecy cloud... -Helen Keller