ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-13, 05:24 PM
Suspended Account

Thanked 5,300 Times in 2,835 Posts
Gilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond repute
Understanding until suddenly brain stops...

Last week was a test in maths. Lately I've really improved and as we were exercising the calculations and started to find it easier and easier. The stimulation of understanding it got me in some sort of hyperfocus and I understood things rapidly.

But during the exam, maybe it was the stress but that which I first understood... I almost literally felt my brain stopping to work... I just couldn't understand any thing anymore. Very weird, the more I tried understanding it the more the logic escaped my mind. I found myself using other thought patterns and it became total chaos in my head after a while...

I've found this to happen with more elements, understanding something perfectly until, all the sudden the brain stops and I loose logic...

I'm supposing someone else recognizes this ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Gilthranon For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (02-06-13)
Old 02-06-13, 05:34 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,956 Times in 9,009 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Understanding until suddenly brain stops...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocyan View Post
Last week was a test in maths. Lately I've really improved and as we were exercising the calculations and started to find it easier and easier. The stimulation of understanding it got me in some sort of hyperfocus and I understood things rapidly.

But during the exam, maybe it was the stress but that which I first understood... I almost literally felt my brain stopping to work... I just couldn't understand any thing anymore. Very weird, the more I tried understanding it the more the logic escaped my mind. I found myself using other thought patterns and it became total chaos in my head after a while...

I've found this to happen with more elements, understanding something perfectly until, all the sudden the brain stops and I loose logic...

I'm supposing someone else recognizes this ?
Oh yes. Exactly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (02-06-13), Gilthranon (02-08-13)
Old 02-06-13, 06:29 PM
ADDvanced Member

seraphynx has a spectacular aura aboutseraphynx has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, oddly. It seems to happen when a task demands more focus than I have, if there are circumstances that make it difficult to concentrate, or just completely randomly.

Makes me think of being on a road trip, your vehicle breaks down on the side of the road, and nothing you do can get it going again.

Have a similar feeling sometimes, but not in terms of 'understanding' - just in terms of feeling urgency about a situation. No matter what, my mind will just be like, 'hmm, whatever.'
Gilthranon (02-08-13)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-13, 06:42 PM
ADDvanced Member

Nachons is a name known to allNachons is a name known to allNachons is a name known to allNachons is a name known to allNachons is a name known to allNachons is a name known to all

I get hysterical sometimes when I go back through my work because the answer doesn't make sense.

All breathing hard
All eyes darting up and down the page not looking at anything in particular
All failure to remember basic concepts that would help dissect my math to find the arithmetic mistake
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nachons For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (02-06-13), Gilthranon (02-08-13)
Old 02-06-13, 07:21 PM

ysabeau is a jewel in the roughysabeau is a jewel in the roughysabeau is a jewel in the rough

In everything I ever did, INCLUDING childbirth!!

The upside: Eventually you'll graduate.
Gilthranon (02-08-13)