ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-13, 09:38 PM

i70r3o is on a distinguished road
How long does Vyvanse stay in the system? (40mg)

I have a 40mg vyvanse I will be taking tomorrow morning at 8am and I have a drug test at 3:30pm on Wednesday giving me about 55 hours to get it out of my system.

How long will the amphetamine stay in my system? What can I do to speed up the process?

I'm 5'8" and weight 155. Please no long answers, something simple and to the point!

Thanks
Old 03-04-13, 04:51 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 16,233 Times in 7,324 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does Vyvanse stay in the system? (40mg)

This is what I read on Wiki:Lisdexamfetamine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LisdexamfetamineHalf-life, < 1 hour (prodrug molecule), 12-13 hours (d-amphetamine)

And this is super boring, but what I found from the vyvanse website:

n 18 patients ages 6 to 12 years with ADHD, the Tmax of dextroamphetamine was approximately 3.5 hours following single-dose oral administration of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate either 30 mg, 50 mg, or 70 mg after an 8-hour overnight fast. The Tmax of lisdexamfetamine was approximately 1 hour. Linear pharmacokinetics of dextroamphetamine after single-dose oral administration of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate was established over the dose range of 30 mg to 70 mg in children ages 6 to 12 years.

There is no accumulation of dextroamphetamine AUC at steady state in healthy adults and no accumulation of lisdexamfetamine after once-daily dosing for 7 consecutive days.

Food does not affect the observed AUC and Cmax of dextroamphetamine in healthy adults after single-dose oral administration of 70 mg of Vyvanse capsules but prolongs Tmax by approximately 1 hour (from 3.8 hrs at fasted state to 4.7 hrs after a high fat meal). After an 8-hour fast, the AUCs for dextroamphetamine following oral administration of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in solution and as intact capsules were equivalent.

Weight/Dose normalized AUC and Cmax were 22% and 12% lower, respectively, in adult females than in males on day 7 following a 70 mg/day dose of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate for 7 days. Weight/Dose normalized AUC and Cmax values were the same in pediatric patients ages 6 to 12 years following single doses of 30-70 mg.

Metabolism and Excretion

After oral administration, lisdexamfetamine is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. Lisdexamfetamine is converted to dextroamphetamine and l-lysine primarily in blood due to the hydrolytic activity of red blood cells. In vitro data demonstrated that red blood cells have a high capacity for metabolism of lisdexamfetamine; substantial hydrolysis occurred even at low hematocrit levels (33% of normal). Lisdexamfetamine is not metabolized by cytochrome P450 enzymes. Following the oral administration of a 70 mg dose of radiolabeled lisdexamfetamine dimesylate to 6 healthy subjects, approximately 96% of the oral dose radioactivity was recovered in the urine and only 0.3% recovered in the feces over a period of 120 hours. Of the radioactivity recovered in the urine, 42% of the dose was related to amphetamine, 25% to hippuric acid, and 2% to intact lisdexamfetamine. Plasma concentrations of unconverted lisdexamfetamine are low and transient, generally becoming non-quantifiable by 8 hours after administration. The plasma elimination half-life of lisdexamfetamine typically averaged less than one hour in studies of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in volunteers.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
dasikins (03-04-13)
Old 03-04-13, 04:53 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 16,233 Times in 7,324 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

sorry for the above long answer, but one other thing...if you have a prescription for it then I believe there is some way to let the lab know confidentially so they will expect to find amphetamines in your system (I believe).

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-13, 01:39 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

dasikins is just really nicedasikins is just really nicedasikins is just really nicedasikins is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
sorry for the above long answer, but one other thing...if you have a prescription for it then I believe there is some way to let the lab know confidentially so they will expect to find amphetamines in your system (I believe).
@Sarah-where did you find your information above? I can't find it on the Vyvanse website. Thanks!

(RX): Pristiq 50mg, Vyvanse 50 mg, Trazadone (when needed)

"No. Just the butter"