ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH ADD/ADHD > Homework & School
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Homework & School This forum is for teens with AD/HD talk about homework and other school related issues.

Old 03-17-13, 04:05 PM
ADDvanced Member

KatrinaCaitlin will become famous soon enough
How has ADHD impacted your life?

Describe the challenges you have faced and how you managed them or what you are doing to manage them.

Diagnosed with ADD at 13,was on different meds through trial and error. (Concerta, Ritalin, Folcalin, Celexa, couple others I think too.) Now I'm currently (Age 19) getting re diagnosed for AD/HD,and the Dr. is thinking it's ADHD but we will see what the final diagnosis is on June 7th Also possibly some anxiety too, although currently on 25mg of Vistaril as needed.
Old 03-20-13, 04:54 AM
Contributor

courier is just really nicecourier is just really nicecourier is just really nicecourier is just really nice
Re: How has ADHD impacted your life?

wow what a question. i was never diagnosed as having adhd but since my son was diagnosed i have never doubted that adhd was at the centre of all my problems. i had problems at school resulting in me getting a very limited education. i started my working life when i was 15 years old, i found myself in trouble right from the start resulting in me changing jobs very often. my love life has been a disaster, me and my wife have been together about 46 years, we have and always have had the strangest relationship, adhd is not a problem, its a huge bag full of problems. i found the only way to beat it is to get into it, how could anybody enjoy having adhd you might ask, well its better than being in despair, but i'm the only one who thinks this way, so i try keep myself to myself. life for me without medication is very heavy, my medication is illegal which brings a whole new set of problems, but that another story.
i'm now going to hit the post button, everytime i post something my chest and tum start to feel funny, i'm now prolonging it, i'm self diagnosed and i'm assuming its a slight anxiety attack. if i tell people how i feel they would put me in an asylum. i read post with people saying you can have a normal life, if you have extreme adhd normal is not possible. problem is i feel normal, i think i'm the only one in step. i have to laugh at the madness, cannabis makes it much madder and funnier. how does adhd affect my life, not at all, its everyone around me it appears to affect. i have as many as 50 driving conviction, disqualified for speeding 3 times, about 8 drug offences, 2 convictions for breaking and entry and olarceny, i'm convinced none of this would have happened if i had not had adhd. i had no guidance in life, i just went with the flow, luckily i'm not into breaking the law, there is a big difference between acting with thought and acting on impulse.
Old 03-20-13, 09:17 PM
Jr Member

Absurdism is on a distinguished road

The baseline of all my challenges: I feel overwhelmed when performing detail-oriented tasks. Relaxing is close to impossible for me when bored, making almost all of my work a mentally exhausting and frustrating endeavor.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-13, 01:05 PM

Jhumm is on a distinguished road

[quote=Relaxing is close to impossible for me when bored.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way to it also makes getting to sleep hard because I am bored just laying in bed doing nothing
Old 03-21-13, 01:13 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,031 Times in 556 Posts
Twiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to behold

I'm always distracted and get stuck in random thoughts other than what I'm supposed to be doing.

Right now I'm doing a quiz in class, but I'm totally not doing the quiz. I don't even know how to do the quiz. So, I'm in my own random thoughts and am being distracted by my phones internet.

I know I'm going to fail this quiz. But it doesn't bother me as it should. It's more of a nagging sensation.

Rx= Nothing. Can't due to medical reasons.

Past Rx= Vyvanse 30mg (6/13/14), Adderall 15mg 1/7/14, Medical Marijuana, Smokeless Tobacco, Adderall IR 25mg 4/23/13, Dexedrine IR 20mg, Ritalin IR 60mg.
Old 03-21-13, 01:13 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,031 Times in 556 Posts
Twiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to behold

Accidental double post

Rx= Nothing. Can't due to medical reasons.

Past Rx= Vyvanse 30mg (6/13/14), Adderall 15mg 1/7/14, Medical Marijuana, Smokeless Tobacco, Adderall IR 25mg 4/23/13, Dexedrine IR 20mg, Ritalin IR 60mg.

Last edited by Twiggy; 03-21-13 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: oops double post