ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 01-31-05, 08:08 PM

Mr. Me is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Straterra turned me into the Hulk!!! (Doc switched me to Adderall today)

All I can say about straterra is; YIKES!!! That stuff turned me into a monster (literally), I recently tried it for a 10 day trial and managed to scare everyone around me as well as cause a multitude of arguements. I became so mean and argumentative that I couldn't even tolerate listening to someone talk, I felt like I wanted to jump out of my skin and choke them.

To make matters worse the small amount of motivation I had was tossed out the window only to be replaced by the feeling of anxiety. Everything I looked at seemed like to large of a task (even taking out the garbage). I've been off it for 2 days now and can feel myself turning back into "Bruce banner" (The professor that turned into the Incredible Hulk).

A phyc put me on Straterra and I really didn't like her to begin with, she was very nice but had a heavy Korean accent which made me feel like my points weren't getting across very clear. So I went to my family Dr and she started me on adderall (5mg 2x day). She also stated that she was amazed that the phyc tried that first. She said she has read nothing good about it and would only try it as a last line of defense. Hopefully this will help me (fingers crossed).

~Mr. Me~
Old 02-04-05, 04:45 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Scattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to all
Thanks for sharing your experience -- my family doctor suggested Strattera for me too, but I'd read enough that I wasn't too excited about that. I'm getting a TOVA and general history workup by the psychologist next week. He's going to make recommendations afterwards, so I'm hoping he suggests something different for me. I think my doctor would follow his lead, since he did the referral to him. Both your experience and your family doctor's comments will be kept in mind.

Scattered