ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 06-11-13, 06:16 PM

Xams2387 is on a distinguished road
Adderall Withdrawal Help

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I wasn't able to find a clear-cut withdrawal forum area so I just came here to post this. I am a 21 year old male in college currently going through adderall withdrawal. I took adderall for roughly a year maybe every other day at 30 mg XR along with energy drinks, fat burners, and pre workout drinks full of caffeine and other stimulants. The thing is, I don't have ADD. I got a prescription because I had been feeling so tired and with a complete loss of motivation and sex drive for months. I eventually found out my testosterone was low etc. But until then, about a year long, I asked my doctor for an adderall prescription to help get through this.

So a few weeks back I found out the real issue and so 13 days ago I stopped all stimulants and started eating even better than ever and playing basketball 3x a week. What I came here for was to find out and make sure that these symptoms are indeed from adderall withdrawal. I have crazy lucid, vivid dreams, bad fatigue but it has gotten a bit better over the last 2 weeks, loss of sex drive, ED, mental fog, loss of motivation an pleasure, coordination issues and more I will try to think of. Anyways, what do you guys think? Also, how long does this take to resolve itself? I have been taking l-tyrosine, phenylalanine, 5 htp, opti men multi vitamin, fish oil, melatonin and a few more adrenal supporters. How can I fix the sex drive, anxiety, insomnia, over sleeping, and fatigue issues? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited by peripatetic; 06-11-13 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: added paragraphs to ease reading.
Old 06-21-13, 02:20 PM

adhdcrazyboy is on a distinguished road
Re: Adderall Withdrawal Help

Hey I'm thinking of taking Adderall for ADHD.I do have ADHD for real.Can you please tell me if Adderall kills the sex drive and made you zombie like i.e emotionally numb ?

For your question I would suggest you give the medicine some time to get out of your system.Drink lots of water,sleep a lot and keep continuing 5-HTP as it'll balance the serotonin & dopamine in your brain..Also try to eat healthy and connect with other people..
Old 06-22-13, 05:20 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 16,830 Times in 7,609 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

amphetamines dont take long to leave your system, For me, when I have had a gap in adderall its a week of fatigue and fuzziness. The dream thing doesnt seem to be related imo.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-13, 07:50 PM

MrMike223 is on a distinguished road

Not a great situation to be in OP. Let me give you some future advice. Whenever you don't feel well in a way like you did and try to overcome that with medication, caffeine, drugs etc... Its only going to catch up with you later on in your life and make that problem much worse.

You really need a total detox man. I honestly would recommend you cut taking everything all together, including and especially caffeine energy drinks etc. Eat a healthy diet and continue to Exercise as much as you can. You will likely feel like crap for another week, 2 weeks, month... BUT the end result is your body will naturally balance itself back to normal. Also, if you taking any of the "testosterone supplement" (that's just a good guess that you may be) cut that out too cause they have a heavy effect on your liver and overall health and wellbeing

Now once you have detoxed, eating health and recovered for the most part see your Dr., If your test levels are at that point on the low side, than you might consider going onto TRT (testosterone replacement Therapy).

The thing that gets me is Your VERY young to be having testosterone issues, which leads me to think you have either dabbled in steroids or the testosterone/workout supplements that work in a similar way. Many of those products can and will stop your testosterone production all together, especially if they are taken when your young. So no more band aids for the issues. Let your body recover naturally and then start seeing a Dr. about the real cause of the issues ie "low testosterone" etc... Good Luck to you
Old 06-22-13, 07:53 PM

MrMike223 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdcrazyboy View Post
Hey I'm thinking of taking Adderall for ADHD.I do have ADHD for real.Can you please tell me if Adderall kills the sex drive and made you zombie like i.e emotionally numb ?

For your question I would suggest you give the medicine some time to get out of your system.Drink lots of water,sleep a lot and keep continuing 5-HTP as it'll balance the serotonin & dopamine in your brain..Also try to eat healthy and connect with other people..

Hi just wanted to let you know that it so far has increased my libido not decreased. The zombie part "so so" I would say in the very beginning while I was adjusting to the different meds I tried I was not feeling good. Also, if you do try Adderall when you fill your script, ask your pharmacy for any other form of generic than Actavis brand (its the cause of 90% of my side effects)
Old 06-26-13, 05:50 AM
Jr Member

frivolousz21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have crazy lucid, vivid dreams, bad fatigue but it has gotten a bit better over the last 2 weeks, loss of sex drive, ED, mental fog, loss of motivation an pleasure, coordination issues and more I will try to think of. Anyways, what do you guys think? Also, how long does this take to resolve itself? I have been taking l-tyrosine, phenylalanine, phenylalanine5 htp, opti men multi vitamin, fish oil, melatonin and a few more adrenal supporters. How can I fix the sex drive, anxiety, insomnia, over sleeping, and fatigue issues? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

You can't fix it. Unless you wait. Time will heal you're plight. The other option is to take other stimulants as powerful as Dextroamphetamine. But remember you also took Levoamphetamine and racemic amphetamine which is probably split evenly between the D and L isomers.

Amphetamines are extremely powerful on the central and synaptic nervous systems. Not only do they cause a spike in neurotransmitter's. They mimic the neurochemicals causing you're body to shut down production. This happens in more than one way.

Because of their super long half life dependence is quick and powerful.

There is only two legal stimulants with long half lifes that I am aware of that are anywhere near as powerful and amphetamine.

1,3-dimethylamylamine(DMAA) and Propylhexedrine(Benzedrex.)

Propylhexedrine:

These two are not as strong as amphetamines. Nor nearly as powerful as an up-regulator in norephedrine release or production.

But most other stimulants like NICOTINE OR CAFFEINE OR EVEN EPHEDRINE won't do much of anything to harm you're recovery from adderall nor help you're withdrawal.

When I became fed up with the adderall addiction/delusion. I quit CT after 2 yrs+ and 18 months of 60mg IR per day. I flushed THIRTY FOUR, 20 MG TABS DOWN THE TOILET.

It sucked BLEEP.

1. Slept 16 hours a day for 3 days. Then slept 10-12 hours per day for 10 days or so. Then 9-10 hours but couldn't stay awake for more than 8 hours without a supplement called Mini-thin's. Low and behold they posses phenylalanine and DMAA. However they didn't help anything but the horrible lack of energy.

2. Huge appetite. Gained 20 lbs in 2-3 weeks.

3. No motivation

4. No sex drive

5. Depression or just numbness

6. Extremely Vivid Dreams

7. lethargy, no reward for any activity.

After 3 weeks it better, I laughed naturally again. The zombie self absorbed emotionless person went away slowly. I started to reconnect with my humanity and could see the FULL SCOPE HOW MY DENIAL AND ADDICTION. I realized everyone who is physical dependent is an addict of it. I do not believe anyone who uses for a year or more who says they can walk out fine. Bull****, pharmacology says you're a liar. Maybe it's their addictive voice, I dunno. But I do know there is no shame in admitting amphetamines are horribly addicting and will take over you're soul. It is what it is.

So like most I went back and the same cycle's repeated.

Finally after spending probably over a hundred hours educating myself on it. I again quit cold turkey.

Off a lower dose and with multiple 2-3 week breaks in a 6 month span so it wasn't as horrible.

Quote:
But I adopted this daily regime:

1-Multi Vitamin

1-2, 5HTP Caps(100MG)

2-3 caps of pure DMAA(50-75MG) a day as needed for the first 7-10 days then (25MG) per day same routine before cessation at day 21.

3-10 Capsules per day of Piracetam(800MG.) It's a Nootropic or smart drug. Give it a look if you want. It's not required and may do nothing but be a placebo.

100G of Protein no matter what.

1-2 Tabs of B100 complex

lot's of water

some caffeine as needed.

30 min at least of heavy cardio. I do sprints. This forces the fight or flight response. Boxing is said to be very effective or straight up running.
I do not drink alcohol or smoke. I have never smoked and haven't had booze since before I ever took adderall. I do not smoke weed, but would if it was legal where I live. I am only saying this so you know that it's not something else that supplements the cessation of speed I mean adderall.

It's not the same and my focus sucks. But immediately the withdrawals were no where near as bad. DMAA is honestly the biggest reason. Take that out and the rest do not do as much. DMAA does not replicate the amphetamine experience it just supplements the mechanism of action enough to not drop into the depth's of hell you normally would.

I know the good people of this site who still use amphetamines for their ADD for the most part will not feel like it's this way or it's this bad or whatever. They will also pay the piper one day. How many Cig smokers in year one have the same attitude about it as in year 5, 10, or 20? EXACTLY, they think it's all good or not that bad or I can quit anytime. And then we all see how that goes.

Luckily for you, me and the rest of the amphetamine user's. Once we cut off the supply chain most of us have no choice.

Like all things, this to shall pass my friend. You will be ok. It takes self determination and will power. Two thing's that will grow everyday you stay away from Amphetamines.

Group .

What you are doing now will work. Just hang in there and keep fighting the good fight.

The Following User Says Thank You to frivolousz21 For This Useful Post:
425runner (06-29-13)
Old 06-26-13, 06:49 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 16,830 Times in 7,609 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

While I'm sure your advice is well meaning, I have not been able to find alot of information to back up your claims of long term life shattering damage and disarray. Sometimes posts like yours spread fear among the newly diagnosed and treated. Despite the popularity of viewing all doctors as drug pushers and drug companies as drug suppliers, then can and do help. Adderall saved my life. Before it was dexedrine which I had taken for 7 years. I have been treating my adhd with stimulants for 10 years now and even with breaks in medication I have not felt the renewed sense of self that you experienced. All I was able to experience was the return of symptoms from a real, chronic 24/7 condition. Would you say these same things about diabetes? The fact that you rationalize that you would smoke pot if it was legal, to say that adderall is addictive and weed is not is just skewing the facts. Despite the fact that I dont believe in the criminalization of pot users or that it should be illegal it is very much as addictive as adderall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolousz21 View Post
You can't fix it. Unless you wait. Time will heal you're plight. The other option is to take other stimulants as powerful as Dextroamphetamine. But remember you also took Levoamphetamine and racemic amphetamine which is probably split evenly between the D and L isomers.

Amphetamines are extremely powerful on the central and synaptic nervous systems. Not only do they cause a spike in neurotransmitter's. They mimic the neurochemicals causing you're body to shut down production. This happens in more than one way.

Because of their super long half life dependence is quick and powerful.

There is only two legal stimulants with long half lifes that I am aware of that are anywhere near as powerful and amphetamine.

1,3-dimethylamylamine(DMAA) and Propylhexedrine(Benzedrex.)

Propylhexedrine:

These two are not as strong as amphetamines. Nor nearly as powerful as an up-regulator in norephedrine release or production.

But most other stimulants like NICOTINE OR CAFFEINE OR EVEN EPHEDRINE won't do much of anything to harm you're recovery from adderall nor help you're withdrawal.

When I became fed up with the adderall addiction/delusion. I quit CT after 2 yrs+ and 18 months of 60mg IR per day. I flushed THIRTY FOUR, 20 MG TABS DOWN THE TOILET.

It sucked BLEEP.

1. Slept 16 hours a day for 3 days. Then slept 10-12 hours per day for 10 days or so. Then 9-10 hours but couldn't stay awake for more than 8 hours without a supplement called Mini-thin's. Low and behold they posses phenylalanine and DMAA. However they didn't help anything but the horrible lack of energy.

2. Huge appetite. Gained 20 lbs in 2-3 weeks.

3. No motivation

4. No sex drive

5. Depression or just numbness

6. Extremely Vivid Dreams

7. lethargy, no reward for any activity.

After 3 weeks it better, I laughed naturally again. The zombie self absorbed emotionless person went away slowly. I started to reconnect with my humanity and could see the FULL SCOPE HOW MY DENIAL AND ADDICTION. I realized everyone who is physical dependent is an addict of it. I do not believe anyone who uses for a year or more who says they can walk out fine. Bull****, pharmacology says you're a liar. Maybe it's their addictive voice, I dunno. But I do know there is no shame in admitting amphetamines are horribly addicting and will take over you're soul. It is what it is.

So like most I went back and the same cycle's repeated.

Finally after spending probably over a hundred hours educating myself on it. I again quit cold turkey.

Off a lower dose and with multiple 2-3 week breaks in a 6 month span so it wasn't as horrible.

I do not drink alcohol or smoke. I have never smoked and haven't had booze since before I ever took adderall. I do not smoke weed, but would if it was legal where I live. I am only saying this so you know that it's not something else that supplements the cessation of speed I mean adderall.

It's not the same and my focus sucks. But immediately the withdrawals were no where near as bad. DMAA is honestly the biggest reason. Take that out and the rest do not do as much. DMAA does not replicate the amphetamine experience it just supplements the mechanism of action enough to not drop into the depth's of hell you normally would.

I know the good people of this site who still use amphetamines for their ADD for the most part will not feel like it's this way or it's this bad or whatever. They will also pay the piper one day. How many Cig smokers in year one have the same attitude about it as in year 5, 10, or 20? EXACTLY, they think it's all good or not that bad or I can quit anytime. And then we all see how that goes.

Luckily for you, me and the rest of the amphetamine user's. Once we cut off the supply chain most of us have no choice.

Like all things, this to shall pass my friend. You will be ok. It takes self determination and will power. Two thing's that will grow everyday you stay away from Amphetamines.

Group .

What you are doing now will work. Just hang in there and keep fighting the good fight.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
DeltaD (07-10-13), kolaborator (07-09-13), mattif (06-28-13)
Old 06-26-13, 11:22 PM
Jr Member

Marijuana is no where near as addicting as amphetamines.

You're just making things up.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl...%2C14&as_sdtp=

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl...14&q=Marijuana

There is absolutely no question about how horrible amphetamines are long term on the brain.

No one who uses is above this. It's not how it works.

And where did I say weed wasn't addictive? Yeah, I didn't say that or even broach that subject.

This is literally all I said bout weed.

Quote:
I do not smoke weed, but would if it was legal where I live.

Think about that for a moment. You literally made up that I said that marijuana wasn't addictive to defend "amphetamines." That speaks volumes of you're bias for them. Most people call that the addictive voice planting what you want to believe in you're head.

Old 06-26-13, 11:31 PM
Jr Member

The difference between the two is a couple hydrogen molecules. This might cause a larger difference in the stimulation of the reward center of the brain but when it comes to permanently or near permanent changes in the brain they are almost the same.

Methamphetamine:

The Following User Says Thank You to frivolousz21 For This Useful Post:
425runner (06-29-13)
Old 06-28-13, 02:40 PM

buzzbuzz is on a distinguished road

Why not treat the low testosterone? I feel like this is kind of like giving a man with a muscle strain PCP to compensate, instead of helping him heal the actual problem. You don't wanna take amphetamines and mess with your neurotransmitter receptors as anything but a last resort.

Can't you treat your hormonal problems instead, if that's the real culprit?
Old 06-28-13, 06:26 PM

mattif is just really nicemattif is just really nicemattif is just really nicemattif is just really nice

Quote:
Marijuana is no where near as addicting as amphetamines.
For you, that may be true. Or perhaps you're just making things up?

Quote:
These links are nothing more than a general search on Google Scholar for "amphetamimes" [sic] and for marijuana. You do not offer us any evidence for your very... ummm... bold claims.

It is also worth noting that those search results are heavily populated with rather old, out-of-date studies -- many of which have all of the classic hallmarks of hysterical Drug War pseudoscience.

Please, do not hesitate to give us direct citations of recent, peer-reviewed scientific studies.

Quote:
There is absolutely no question about how horrible amphetamines are long term on the brain.
This is only anecdotal evidence, I know, but I've been using 20-30 mg of amphetamine salts on a daily basis for nearly 14 years. (With a couple periods of fairly-effortless voluntary discontinuation.) I have yet to incur any cognitive degeneration from these many years of daily amphetamine consumption. At least, not that I'm aware of -- perhaps these paragraphs I'm typing only seem cogent and coherent to my drug-addled brain? Judge for yourself.

Quote:
No one who uses is above this. It's not how it works.
I think, in this case, that it is yourself who is noticeably incorrect on "how it works." But, again, if you'd like to offer forth some specific evidence cited from recent, peer-reviewed scientific studies then please, please do so. I always like to learn new things, particularly things that show me how I was previously mistaken and/or misinformed -- for me, it is actually one of the great joys in life, reminding me that I am still growing, learning, and (I like to think) getting better.

Quote:
And where did I say weed wasn't addictive? Yeah, I didn't say that or even broach that subject.

This is literally all I said bout weed.

"I do not smoke weed, but would if it was legal where I live."

Think about that for a moment. You literally made up that I said that marijuana wasn't addictive to defend "amphetamines."
You spent multiple paragraphs "explaining" to us how amphetamines were evil because they're so addictive, and suggesting that most everyone here is just a junkie rationalizing our pathetic addictions... and then, in the very same post, you declare how you would use marijuana if only it were legal.

If we assume that you actually believe the things you say, then on the basis of your revulsion to "addiction" and your stated willingness to use marijuana, it is quite reasonable to conclude that you believe that marijuana is not addictive.

I'm not taking a position, one way or the other, as to whether it's addictive or not, because there is such a broad spectrum of ways in which the term addiction can be defined.
Quote:
That speaks volumes of you're bias for them. Most people call that the addictive voice planting what you want to believe in you're head.
I don't have voices in my head planting strange, unscientific ideas. (But for people who do, there are some amazing cutting-edge therapies coming out which may help them regain a meaningful sense of self-control.)

As for suffering from confirmation bias, I suspect that I'm not the only person in this discussion who may be susceptible.

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattif For This Useful Post:
DeltaD (07-10-13)
Old 06-28-13, 06:34 PM

mattif is just really nicemattif is just really nicemattif is just really nicemattif is just really nice
Wink Re: Adderall Withdrawal Help

Quote:
The difference between the two is a couple hydrogen molecules.
Ah, yes. Just a couple of hydrogen molecules.

It's the difference between breathing oxygen and breathing hydrogen peroxide.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mattif For This Useful Post:
DeltaD (07-10-13), kolaborator (07-09-13), Retrac (07-08-13), TotalFratMove (06-30-13)
Old 06-29-13, 10:59 PM

arrstddvlpmnt is on a distinguished road

The only two symptoms I was able to notice from my withdrawl was a drastic increase in appetite and a drop in energy to the point where I slept for 10+ hours a day.

I was on 30mg daily IR for 2 months.
Old 07-05-13, 05:56 PM

Okay guys its been about 5-6 weeks now. Regarding the low testosterone. I got that fixed a few months back. I've had multiple blood tests that showed everything's in range. I feel a bit better but not a ton. I have no sex drive at all and I'm guessing that's causing some ED as well.. Is adderall withdrawal causing this? I also just seem more out of it than before all this happened. But more into it then a few weeks ago. So I've made improvements but I have no sexual desire or drive. That the biggest thing I've noticed. Any help?
Old 07-05-13, 09:48 PM

Bump.