ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 06-28-13, 01:14 AM

sleepy is on a distinguished road
Walgreens Florida Beware

Well let me explain my day from hell!

I have seen the same psych doc for nearly 11 years. I see him each month once if not twice. About a year ago I moved and now must drive a bit of distance to see him.

So this week I go to my doc and get my script. I take the 15mg Adderall. This has been almost impossible to locate since the original Adderal shortage began. Luckily about a year ago I realized I was able to find the script at Walgreens without going to a million locations looking. When you call them its the call center and they can see what location has meds in stock.

So after my appointment this week I drop my script off at a Walgreens near a location I planned to work at for the rest of the day. I am then told that Walgreens new policy is they will only fill a script within a 5 miles radius of your doc office or home.
******** is what I thought.

So I head back north toward my docs office and get to location 2. I then told I still am not in a 5 mile radius.

Get to location 3 and I know I am now in a 5 mile radius. Pharmacist says script is not in stock and the other stores were being nice because no Walgreens will fill my script because I live too far from my doc. Tells me I am doctor shopping. Of really? Seeing same doc for nearly 11 years in now doctor shopping?????

Last edited by BR549; 06-28-13 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: paragraph breaks only
Old 06-28-13, 04:18 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,959 Times in 6,762 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Walgreens Florida Beware

WTF??? There is NO way this is a normal policy. Have you checked with the corporate office for walgreens? Is it a state thing? What if you are a student in school out of state, youre tellimg me walgreens wouldnt fill a script? I would complain to walgreens corporate until I got a legitimate solid reasonable answer.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
navyjake9019 (06-28-13), sleepy (07-02-13)
Old 06-28-13, 04:20 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,000 Times in 630 Posts
janiew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud of

Walgreens just paid an $80 million settlement in Florida that had to do with filling too many pain scripts or something. And this policy is probably related. Guess they can't trust their employees to use common sense...
sleepy (07-02-13)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-13, 04:25 PM
Interested Moderator

Thanked 6,775 Times in 3,751 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

Odd, I filled my Adderall script the other day at a Walgreens and I'm pretty sure it is farther than 5 miles away....
Old 06-28-13, 05:49 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 15,294 Times in 7,224 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Why didn't they inform their own call center of their new policy, so the call
center could inform customers like you? Shoddy business practice. Blech.
BellaVita (06-28-13), sleepy (07-02-13)