ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Methylin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Methylin (methylphenidate)

Old 07-10-13, 04:02 PM
Jr Member

Carol72156 is on a distinguished road
Angry "Shortage" Drags On & Cost Skyrockets

After reading these threads, I am now considering myself fortunate for being able to fill my prescription at all today. My prescription for 90 - 20mg tablets used to cost in the neighborhood of $45 and now it looks like it's $110. FYI - I live about 60 miles NE of Pittsburgh, PA.

As many other folks, I have no insurance and pay for medical costs out-of-pocket. So, I've been reading with interest how others with the same dilemma are dealing with it. It's exasperating because not that long ago I was on Dextrostat and it quadrupled in price so that's why I'm on Ritalin in the first place. I was told it was the cheapest ADD medication.

Recently I was prescribed Wellbutrin for depression and supposedly it has properties to help with ADD symptoms. I may just end up relying on this new medication if there's improvement overall --- that's a wait and see.

I didn't realize the big chains are more expensive. I get my prescription filled at WalMart just assuming it would be the cheapest. Now I'm going to check around town and especially the hospital pharmacy which sounds like a great suggestion!

Also, I have read here that there are discount cards for prescriptions. I didn't know about that so I'll be Googling and hopefully the state of PA has one.

Just needed to process what's been going on and thanks for being here ---- learned a lot from my fellow ADDers

Carol
Old 07-12-13, 07:03 PM

darchib is on a distinguished road
Re: "Shortage" Drags On & Cost Skyrockets

Same here in Phoenix, Carol. Price doubled this month. Neighborhood pharmacist told me since his price had doubled, he had to pass it on to us. He thought that the generic manufacturers (Watson in my case) figured that people will buy whatever's cheaper vs the brand, regardless if there's a $10 difference or $50.
Old 08-16-13, 07:40 PM
Contributor

karbouris will become famous soon enough
Re: "Shortage" Drags On & Cost Skyrockets

Is this about Methylin ER?
I am 25 years old, and a SAHM of 2 kids. I have been on and off Ritalin for over years. My candy flavors right now, are Qullivant XR 5mils in the morning and 2 at night. I also take 20mgs of Paxil. I have a current diagnosis of ADHD, OCD and Anxiety with some massive agitation. Dr thinks this is caused bipolar, but is not 100% sure.
Sponsored Links