ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat > ADD Tech Corner
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

ADD Tech Corner Discuss issues with software, hardware, viruses, security and other technology issues here.

Old 07-12-13, 02:57 PM
ADDvanced Member

Nibs91 has a spectacular aura aboutNibs91 has a spectacular aura about
Help! Complete backup on Android?

Anyone know how to do a complete backup on Android? I mainly need Apps backed up including the data associated with them.

I am part of a few tech forums but I know I will get flamed for asking something and I will receive responses like "google is your friend". I have tried google and all I could come up with is other apps that backup apps. :S not sure if I'm looking in the wrong places.

Basically I want something like the way iTunes does a backup of an iPhone.
Old 07-12-13, 04:25 PM

guitarjamman is a jewel in the roughguitarjamman is a jewel in the roughguitarjamman is a jewel in the rough
Re: Help! Complete backup on Android?

Shouldn't matter what phone you have, but download the following program onto your computer:
http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

It acts just like iTunes once you plug in your phone and connect through it. I use it once a month to do a complete backup of my phone - every 6 months or so I do a complete factory reset on my phone and use Kies to bring all the information and apps right back. Simple as can be!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, but from what I understand, any android works with it. There are many tutorials on the website as well.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to guitarjamman For This Useful Post:
FreewayFlyer04 (07-12-13)
Old 07-19-13, 03:20 PM
ADDvanced Member

Nibs91 has a spectacular aura aboutNibs91 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Help! Complete backup on Android?

Hmm...downloaded it and it's saying "This android device is not supported by Kies 2.0" :/

I have a Verizon Note 2 and a Macbook pro.
Sponsored Links