ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Meditation and Spirituality
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-13, 10:29 PM
Jr Member

wileyer is on a distinguished road
Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth - Awakening to Your Life's Purpose

Hi everyone!

At a time where I'm experiencing an enlightening part of my life- I've come across an excellent book in re-imagining human consciousness and your purpose- I couldn't have picked this book up with better timing.

I am a week into my diagnosis of ADHD and have undoubtedly uncovered new things each day. I'm extremely eager in understanding my inner consciousness and becoming more aware of myself.

I wanted to share with you guys this book and possibly discuss the ideology behind it as I progress. For those who have already experienced this book, it will be great for you to share your knowledge and perspective as well.

Though I am only on page 35 of these 309 strong pages in this book: I've already experience a shift in my understanding. Imagining how enlightened I will be at the end of this book is imaginable, but comes with great hope and excitement.

This book presents- in the beginning pages- a perspective on the new consciousness that is emerging on earth. Rather than attempting to explain my readings thus far, I will share with you some of the interesting quotes that I have already grown keen to exploring.

"When you have attached a word to something, you know what it is. The fact is: You don't know what it is. You have only covered up the mystery with a label."

"Life isn't as serious as the mind makes it out to be." - The laughter of sanity by the big-bellied Buddha

"I became free of compulsive thinking and of the false, mind-made I."

"The word "I" embodies the greatest error and the deepest truth, depending on how it used...... In normal everday usage, "I" embodies the primordial error, a misperception of who you are, an illusory sense of identity. This is the ego." (Albert Einstein describes this as "an optical illusion of consciousness")

"I didn't realize yet that thinking is only a tiny aspect of the consciousness that we are, nor did I know anything about the ego, let alone being able to detect it within myself."
The Following User Says Thank You to wileyer For This Useful Post:
sarek (09-18-13)
Old 09-18-13, 07:19 AM
Moderator of mind and heart

Thanked 21,266 Times in 8,598 Posts
sarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth - Awakening to Your Life's Purpose

Its one of the least known but most important secrets that humans do not have a single unitary I.
Instead we have many different ones, every new moment another part of us takes temporary command of the biological machine which we mistakenly call ourselves.