ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-13, 02:03 PM
Forum Guru

MX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud of
The Stages of ADD Forums Participation

I have been on the ADD Forums almost as long as I have been on a my breast cancer support group.

I think that participation on forums/support groups goes through stages.

Discovery/Joy
I remember how happy I was to find the ADD Forums after I had been diagnosed in the early 2000s. It was so beneficial to find others who struggled with similar issues that I jumped right into the discussions.

For awhile I floundered trying to figure out how the forums worked.

Research/Information Soak/Drunk on Info
I spent a lot of time researching the forums for information and advice and am grateful for such an informative sharing group.

Learning how to use the various functions on ADD Forums took a long time and I still don't use all the functionality. But, I think that is good because it keeps me interested. I appreciate how responsive the ADD Forum administrators have been.

Finding a personal voice/style
Writing for me is therapy, so it was great to be able to write about many of my struggles.

I feel I learn something every time I come to the ADD Forums.

I have met so many wonderful people here. I love the sense of humor so many share. I love to laugh but can't remember a joke or make humorous comments, so I appreciate the creative abilities of those on the forums.

Absence/Overwhelming Life Events
But, there were times during the past years that life had me by the throat and I could not come to the forums. A result of many of those changes was I moved to Mexico in 2011. It was then, I was able to return to the forums.

Maturity/Conflict/Resolution/Lessons
Others have a better sense of the ADD Forums history and past events.

Yet, I have learned that my experiences are of limited use to others. So, I have learned to observe rather than add my 2 cents when it would not add much to the conversation. So, my visible participation has decreased.

Another good thing ADD Forums have done for me is highlight my lack of research into my own situation. Research takes time and I can get sidetracked so easily that I forget how important it is to take care of one's self.

Affection
I have great affection for so many of the people I have meet here on the ADD Forums. That is a lasting tangible benefit.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MX2012 For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (11-12-13), Dizfriz (11-12-13), Fuzzy12 (11-12-13), Jacksper (11-12-13), Reekwind (11-12-13), Squirell!!! (04-23-14), stef (11-12-13), Tulip7171 (11-12-13)