ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-13, 06:05 PM

AckoStolemySock is on a distinguished road
New from England --- Hello

Hi All

I am Lee, 34yrs of Age and over in the darkess realms of Yorkshire in England

Where to begin as an introduction

At 34 years of age and just awaiting for my appointment for my ADD/ADHD diagnosis after being referred by my GP and the Mental Health Wellbeing Officer:| The ADHD part im not sure about
but I think I may have ADD or some underlying issue possibly a variation of my Epliepsy. Although Ive been seizure free for around 10 years. I decided to start looking at getting referred after a suggestion by my parents combined with a few online test and the issues of mental health in my family.

You see, my Brother has in his early teens been diagnosed with ADHD, Autism, Bipolar, Dispraxia, his son has just been referred for a ADHD diagnosis, as has the daughter of my sister.
Combine this with my Uncle's Schizophrenia, My late Gran's Mental Health Issues, my Dads Dementia and a couple of my cousins also with Bipolar........well if my brain has escaped the craziness of my family.....I must be adopted and just generally slack when I lose my Keys, Wallet, Phone etc
Old 11-21-13, 08:37 PM
Contributor

ChicharitoFan14 will become famous soon enough
Re: New from England --- Hello

Hello welcome to the forum
Old 11-21-13, 08:50 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,954 Times in 9,009 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! Whether it's ADHD or not, you have to start somewhere - best wishes for a doctor who is able to interpret your situation effectively. You should know before you go, that sometimes they do get it wrong at first - so don't be too surprised if you get confusing results and end up having to go back. Not that it happens all the time - just don't be shocked if it happens to you, that's all.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-13, 12:51 AM

Antares is on a distinguished road

People may or may not realise it, but there is a set of genes that contribute to schizophrenia, ADHD, depression, bi-polar disorder, and to a lesser extent autism. Why it appears different in different individuals is something they haven't quite figured out, but personal experiences is an obvious place. I have a bit of madness in my family too.

http://psychcentral.com/news/2013/08/19/5-major-mental-illnesses-traced-to-same-genetic-variations/58642.html

Last edited by peripatetic; 11-25-13 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: disabled link per guidelines: no links to other forums without admin permission
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Antares For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-22-13), someothertime (11-22-13)
Old 11-22-13, 08:38 PM

AckoStolemySock is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the warm welcome guys (but boooo at the Manyoo fan)

Also thanks for the link Antares, ill be having a read of that